Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room
Ami article - saying no - does it go too far?
Previous  1  2

amother
OP

Post Sun, May 24 2020, 6:00 pm
Simple1 wrote:
At first I agreed with her that these days there is too much encouraging people to maintain boundaries at the expense of being there for each other.

But that example was really too much. I don't think I would've gotten up the courage to break such news to someone. Not blaming either party because under the tragic circumstances, it's hard to think straight.

Ok, but the author of the article had plenty of time to think, and I was surprised that she still thought that it would be wrong to say no to such a thing.

Judging from the responses here, I see I'm not the only one. Glad to know that!

amother
Aquamarine

Post Sun, May 24 2020, 6:54 pm
I lobe reading the ami. It’s my weekly guilty pleasure. However, that article was really dumb. I think it was completely fine for the neighbor to say no. It was wrong of him to ask. And if the author is an outsider she should just quit while she’s ahead. Who is she to judge what the neighbor can or cannot do? I don’t think I’d be able to break that news to anyone. The article also said the husband had to wait for the chevra Kaddisha to get there. He could have broken the news when he got home. There’s no rush. It’s not like he was going to miraculously be not dead any time soon.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room