Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Will De Blasio close public schools or endanger school staff
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8

ectomorph

Post Sun, Mar 15 2020, 6:52 pm
https://www.thelancet.com/jour.....-3099(20)30195-X/fulltext
Why not overloading hospitals is important.

Mommyg8

Post Sun, Mar 15 2020, 7:33 pm
Ima of 4, I will post pictures tomorrow of kids congregating in community centers and lobbies of buildings.

Ema of 5

Post Sun, Mar 15 2020, 7:47 pm
Mommyg8 wrote:
Ima of 4, I will post pictures tomorrow of kids congregating in community centers and lobbies of buildings.

Just because people aren’t doing the right thing doesn’t mean it’s not the right thing to do.
My husband took my kids to the part today, there was on other family there. They roller blades and rode bikes, didn’t play on any of the park equipment. Starting tomorrow, they will be home, and can play in our yard. Friends will not be coming over, and they will not be going to friends. Is it extreme? Yes. Do I think it will help slow this thing down? Yea, if most people actually abide by the rules.
If you are supposed to be quarantined, do it. If you are not, follow the recommendations. No public congregating. Groups smaller than 10, with lots of space between people. Don’t hang out in public areas. Social distancing (or whatever it’s called) is a MUST.

carnation

Post Sun, Mar 15 2020, 7:55 pm
ectomorph wrote:
https://www.thelancet.com/journals/laninf/article/PIIS1473-3099(20)30195-X/fulltext
Why not overloading hospitals is important.

This link doesn't work. Can you briefly explain what it said?

amother
Turquoise

Post Sun, Mar 15 2020, 8:00 pm
yes NY private schools will follow suit and close.
there really is no other choice and the sooner done the greater impact
ten men davening in a minyan with 6 feet/2 meters between them is very different than tons of kids who can't be expected to really practice the type of hygiene and social distance necessary.
we would not send even if ours were still open

Ema of 5

Post Sun, Mar 15 2020, 8:05 pm
amother [ Turquoise ] wrote:
yes NY private schools will follow suit and close.
there really is no other choice and the sooner done the greater impact
ten men davening in a minyan with 6 feet/2 meters between them is very different than tons of kids who can't be expected to really practice the type of hygiene and social distance necessary.
we would not send even if ours were still open

Right, same here. I was going to keep my kids home for the near future anyway, even if schools hadn’t closed.

amother
Rose

Post Mon, May 25 2020, 1:12 am
Thank you to all those that begged to close schools.

We are 2-1/2 months later now and still have no proof that any person died due to exposure from a child.

And now the kids are roaming the streets, bored out of their minds, and wasting their brains...Wonderful.

amother
Babypink

Post Mon, May 25 2020, 1:16 am
There was a principal as well as some teachers who died a week or two after the schools finally closed in NYC.. You can look up the news articles...
Just looked it up for you...Principal Romain's death from covid, announced March 23rd....
68 school employees (teachers, paras, aides, etc) died from covid....

amother
Rose

Post Mon, May 25 2020, 1:27 am
amother [ Babypink ] wrote:
There was a principal as well as some teachers who died a week or two after the schools finally closed in NYC.. You can look up the news articles...

Ok. That is not evidence.

amother
Babypink

Post Mon, May 25 2020, 1:33 am
It's not evidence of what?
It certainly is evidence to me that if schools hadn't closed the death toll of those working in or attending school would be much higher. Probably some students as well. There have been reports of teens who died of covid.

amother
Rose

Post Mon, May 25 2020, 1:36 am
It certainly is evidence to me that if schools hadn't closed the death toll of those working in or attending school would be much higher. Probably some students as well. There have been reports of teens who died of covid.

Well, you can always assume that we lowered the death rates. But its only an assumption.

amother
Babypink

Post Mon, May 25 2020, 1:40 am
Yes, you can assume. Yes, you can trace these early deaths back to school being in session.
I am only sorry the schools didn't close sooner.
BTW that principal was quite young...in her 30s.

amother
Rose

Post Mon, May 25 2020, 1:45 am
Yes, you can assume. Yes, you can trace these early deaths back to school being in session.
I am only sorry the schools didn't close sooner.
BTW that principal was quite young...in her 30s.

That principal could have been in a million different places. I dont see where you connect one incident to children.
You do realize that a million other principals and teachers did not die?

amother
Babypink

Post Mon, May 25 2020, 1:50 am
Your desire to argue about tragedy that could have been avoided makes me sad. I will not engage further with you. But the truth is in my previous posts, for discerning posters to see. So that was worth you resurrecting this thread.

amother
Rose

Post Mon, May 25 2020, 2:00 am
Just looked it up for you...Principal Romain's death from covid, announced March 23rd....
68 school employees (teachers, paras, aides, etc) died from covid....

I see you changed this post to add other employees. Again, this is not proof that it came from the children. Likely it passed around amongst the staff.

amother
Pearl

Post Mon, May 25 2020, 2:21 am
amother [ Rose ] wrote:
I see you changed this post to add other employees. Again, this is not proof that it came from the children. Likely it passed around amongst the staff.

How do you propose that schools re-open without staff?

amother
Ecru

Post Mon, May 25 2020, 2:21 am

Why don't you read this:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/a......html

Not quite as black and white as you make it sound.

southernbubby

Post Mon, May 25 2020, 8:10 am
Sweden allowed primary schools to stay open. The high death rates probably were the result of nursing homes having high infection rates and were probably not due to schools being open. The difference between Sweden and NY, however, probably had to do with school staff using the subway to get to work and living in crowded buildings.
I don't think that anyone has proof that children can or cannot, infect adults or pass the infection to other children. It's still unknown.
And BTW, if antibody tests mean anything, Sweden still doesn't have herd immunity but that's a side issue so feel free to challenge in a spin off.
Page 8 of 8   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8 Recent Topics