Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Toilet Training
Train day and night together at the same time??
Previous  1  2

amother
Natural

Post Mon, May 25 2020, 10:22 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
So do I start the same day as day??
Should I wait a couple days and then put on night undies?

I will give her a lot to drink during the day and no liquid after 4 except a tiny bit at dinner which she expects, waking again at 10.

Do you keep up the no liquids after 4 long term?? I don't see that happening.

But, what if dinner is soup? we do that a lot.

For me it didnt work to do it the same time. I was giving a lot to drink while trying to train. My 2nd one did it on her own so not a good example but if I had another on like oldest DD I would do it after they are fully day trained which was like 3 weeks with her instead of waiting almost 2 years...

amother
OP

Post Mon, May 25 2020, 4:07 pm
Flowerpower and mom2mysouls,

How did you do it? You put underwear on at night just a couple days after underwear during the day?

Also, she still naps so limiting liquid to before 4pm won't help.

I really want to do this but I don't know how.[b]

FranticFrummie

Post Mon, May 25 2020, 4:38 pm
Every. Kid. Is. Different. If you start comparing, you will make yourself crazy.

If you push your kid before they are physically able to feel the urge and wake up, then you will make yourself AND your kid crazy.

The number one thing that helps the most, is no bottles or sippy cups in the crib, EVER, not even as a baby. No last minute drinks of water before bed, and they have to try to go even if they don't feel like it.

With DD, I was a light sleeper, and I started hearing her fuss in her crib when she was around 2 and a half. I'd get up, put her on the toilet, and put her back to bed. She'd be asleep before her head hit the pillow. Eventually she'd wake up fully and want to go to the bathroom. Then I put the crib rail down, walked her to the bathroom, and then tucked her back in. It took about 4 months total, but there were no tears, and no drama. She was dry day and night before she turned 3.

On the other hand, I know a family who's kids are all super deep sleepers. All of the kids wet the bed at night, every night, until they were around 14. Their dad had the same issue. It's totally genetic. No amount of limiting liquids, special pills, alarm panties, or waking them up at night made a difference. It was the family nisayon, and it had to resolve on it's own. (They had 3 washers and 3 dryers, and did laundry constantly.)

amother
Pearl

Post Mon, May 25 2020, 4:52 pm
Quote:
How did you do it? You put underwear on at night just a couple days after underwear during the day?

Also, she still naps so limiting liquid to before 4pm won't help.

I really want to do this but I don't know how.[b]

I also did it together for all 3 off my kids. My daughter at age 2-1/2 my two boys at age 3-1/2.

Start training during the day and usually within 2 to 3 days you'll notice they're starting to stay dry at night. Once they're working those muscles it will be more "natural" for their bodies. (Take advantage right away. If you don't do it right away you'll lose the opportunity and their body will adjust to not having to hold it in at night)
Say something like do you want to be a big boy/girl at night too? Make it sound very exciting! Use a pull up but tell them its night time "underwear". I usually take them once to make around 11-11:30pm right before I go to bed. You can do this in their sleep so it shouldn't even wake them up.
Good luck!

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jun 03 2020, 1:03 pm
Hi everyone!

I appreciate all the help, but please answer this one important question:

Those of you who trained both at once:
If you give most fluids early in the day and less after 4pm, that makes sense for night time. But dd takes a nap after lunch. How do I train both at once if she still naps? I can't limit fluids both morning and night.

I really want to do this right. Thank you!!

amother
Gray

Post Wed, Jun 03 2020, 1:08 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Thanks!
What else did you do to make it work?

I trained later (between ages 3 & 4) I spoke to them alot about it before. By the time they trained they were at the point of me just saying, we aren't wearing anymore diapers. For the first day I gave a treat if they went nicely but bh they all were really a one day train and I did the night the same time. I put it in their hands and gave them a choice of diapers, pullups, or underwear. I never actually ended up using a pull-up. Within a week of me training them all three chose underwear at night. Bh I never had any night accidents so I don't limit drinks before bed.

amother
Pearl

Post Wed, Jun 03 2020, 1:29 pm
I don't think you should have to limit liquids before a nap. If they can't control their bladder for 2 hours then they may not be ready to be trained at all.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jun 03 2020, 2:20 pm
amother [ Pearl ] wrote:
I don't think you should have to limit liquids before a nap. If they can't control their bladder for 2 hours then they may not be ready to be trained at all.

I hear.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Children's Health -> Toilet Training