Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
200 struggling businesses to open tomorrow in Brooklyn
  Previous  1  2  3 7  8  9 11  12  13  Next

amother
Beige

Post Mon, May 25 2020, 12:05 am
amother [ Sienna ] wrote:
Interesting to note BP had protestors outside the stores and Williamsburg had quiet spectators.

For those wondering why so many are there, Wallabout looks like that on any given day.

Those men shouting in BP are idiots, plain and simple.
No one care that the street looks like this on any given day. Lots of people outside, on line, close to each other. Couldn't they at least pretend they wanted to follow the rules?? Couldnt the store owners come outside periodically to check the lines?
What a horrible failure. Not looking forward to tomorrow's papers.

southernbubby

Post Mon, May 25 2020, 8:31 am
amother [ Beige ] wrote:
Those men shouting in BP are idiots, plain and simple.
No one care that the street looks like this on any given day. Lots of people outside, on line, close to each other. Couldn't they at least pretend they wanted to follow the rules?? Couldnt the store owners come outside periodically to check the lines?
What a horrible failure. Not looking forward to tomorrow's papers.

I agree that it doesn't appear from this that the community intended to adhere to health and safety rules. Individual store owners may have fully intended to create safe shopping experiences but they can't control the customers. Sigh Sad .
Their premise that large retailers were taking away business selling non-essentials is true but large stores probably have security and because there are fewer of them, the police can determine if they are too crowded.
The sad thing is, by the time they will legally be allowed to open, seasonal clothing won't have much of a demand and it will probably be sold at a loss which will impact the ability of the businesses to stay open.

CiCi

Post Mon, May 25 2020, 8:39 am
amother [ Wine ] wrote:
Please cite care authority in support of your assertion that it is unconstitutional for a state to place restrictions on businesses in a pandemic, to protect the health of citizens.

States have the police power functions to protect the health, safety and welfare of persons within their borders, including the right to use and enforce isolation and quarantine.

You can start by explaining why Gibbons v Ogden (1824) which upheld a state’s right to quarantine is inapplicable. Work your way up from there.

While you’re at it, explain how overturning 2 centuries of Supreme Court precedent fits in with conservative philosophy.

Nope, sorry. I usually start doing research when presented with a challenge, but I have no patience to do so in this case. Thankfully many judges side with me over Democrat governors withholding people's rights to open businesses. Many business owners in many states, have won in court over governors decisions to keep businessess closed.

amother
Wine

Post Mon, May 25 2020, 9:30 am
CiCi wrote:
Nope, sorry. I usually start doing research when presented with a challenge, but I have no patience to do so in this case. Thankfully many judges side with me over Democrat governors withholding people's rights to open businesses. Many business owners in many states, have won in court over governors decisions to keep businessess closed.

You’ve claimed something is unconstitutional. Yet you have no authority for that proposition apart from your word.

Yet another example of the big lie.

There’s nothing unconstitutional about Cuomo’s actions.

southernbubby

Post Mon, May 25 2020, 9:51 am
amother [ Wine ] wrote:
You’ve claimed something is unconstitutional. Yet you have no authority for that proposition apart from your word.

Yet another example of the big lie.

There’s nothing unconstitutional about Cuomo’s actions.

Probably not, but whose responsibility will it be to rebuild entire neighborhoods? Or will they simply become homes for rodents? The only reason that many people live in NY is because they can make a living there but what happens when that is no longer true?

amother
Wine

Post Mon, May 25 2020, 9:58 am
southernbubby wrote:
Probably not, but whose responsibility will it be to rebuild entire neighborhoods? Or will they simply become homes for rodents? The only reason that many people live in NY is because they can make a living there but what happens when that is no longer true?

The government still can, and should, step in to help those those small businesses.

Opening now isn’t a panacea in any case. Would you really walk into a crowded store, or get your nails done? I wouldn’t. I needed a few things yesterday, it drove away when the parking lot was crowded. Not worth the risk. And I already had it —test verified, hospitalized, The Whole 9 yards.

mommy3b2c

Post Mon, May 25 2020, 10:17 am
amother [ Wine ] wrote:
The government still can, and should, step in to help those those small businesses.

Opening now isn’t a panacea in any case. Would you really walk into a crowded store, or get your nails done? I wouldn’t. I needed a few things yesterday, it drove away when the parking lot was crowded. Not worth the risk. And I already had it —test verified, hospitalized, The Whole 9 yards.

Yes. I would get my nails done and walk into a crowded store. The way people are acting as if getting the virus is a death sentence boggles my mind. Of course it’s possible that I might get it and be of the tiny percentage of people in their 30s with no underlying conditions that dies from it. I also might die in a car crash today.

fleetwood

Post Mon, May 25 2020, 10:24 am
CiCi wrote:

Which business owners? Which states? I'm honestly interested.

southernbubby

Post Mon, May 25 2020, 10:28 am
amother [ Wine ] wrote:

Because of my age and DH has underlying conditions, I don't go even to places where it's legal to go. I also agree that the precautions that restaurants and bars will have to take will make them unappealing to many patrons. Many people who are paid by the government are facing pay cuts which will impact their ability to spend.

southernbubby

Post Mon, May 25 2020, 10:32 am
mommy3b2c wrote:
Yes. I would get my nails done and walk into a crowded store. The way people are acting as if getting the virus is a death sentence boggles my mind. Of course it’s possible that I might get it and be of the tiny percentage of people in their 30s with no underlying conditions that dies from it. I also might die in a car crash today.

People your age should be able to live life but they have to be careful around older relatives until there are solid medical protocols in place.

amother
Fuchsia

Post Mon, May 25 2020, 10:35 am
mommy3b2c wrote:

You might get the virus and not care bec in your age group it is not so lethal. But you could pass the virus onto your parents or grandparents - and they could die from it!!

amother
Wine

Post Mon, May 25 2020, 10:36 am
mommy3b2c wrote:

I didn’t die. I spent more than a week too weak to move more than a few feet. Bathed in sweat, temperature over 103. Unable to eat. Lost more than 20 pounds. I thought that was bad until I couldn’t breathe. Only the shallowest of breaths. And even then, I had coughing fits that lasted 20 minutes or more where I was unable to draw in much air at all.

I haven’t been able to have xrays to see if there is permanent lung damage. I wouldn’t be surprised. It’s been a month, and I still don’t have the lung capacity I did before, when I could exercise vigorously for an hour without issue. I still need to rest if walking less than a mile.

Not much older than you. No pre existing conditions.

The car example is rather silly, by the way. You know you could be in an accident, so you take every precaution to avoid it. You ensure your car is safe. In fact, the state mandates that with vehicle inspection requirements as well as drivers licenses. You wear your seatbelt and put your kids in car seats. You obey traffic laws. Those are all the parallels to social distancing. The parallel to refusing to social distance is driving with bald tires and bad brakes, while running red lights and stop signs.

mommy3b2c

Post Mon, May 25 2020, 10:39 am
amother [ Fuchsia ] wrote:
You might get the virus and not care bec in your age group it is not so lethal. But you could pass the virus onto your parents or grandparents - and they could die from it!!

First of all, I haven’t gone near my parents or grandparents in months. Second of all, they all had it already. Thank G-d it was so mild that none of them knew they had it.

amother
Wine

Post Mon, May 25 2020, 10:41 am
mommy3b2c wrote:
First of all, I haven’t gone near my parents or grandparents in months. Second of all, they all had it already. Thank G-d it was so mild that none of them knew they had it.

What about the mother of the child your kid plays with, who is undergoing chemo.

The person who delivers your mail, who’s son has asthma

It’s not just the people we know.

mommy3b2c

Post Mon, May 25 2020, 10:44 am
amother [ Wine ] wrote:
I didn’t die. I spent more than a week too weak to move more than a few feet. Bathed in sweat, temperature over 103. Unable to eat. Lost more than 20 pounds. I thought that was bad until I couldn’t breathe. Only the shallowest of breaths. And even then, I had coughing fits that lasted 20 minutes or more where I was unable to draw in much air at all.

I haven’t been able to have xrays to see if there is permanent lung damage. I wouldn’t be surprised. It’s been a month, and I still don’t have the lung capacity I did before, when I could exercise vigorously for an hour without issue. I still need to rest if walking less than a mile.

The car example is rather silly, by the way. You know you could be in an accident, so you take every precaution to avoid it. You ensure your car is safe. In fact, the state mandates that with vehicle inspection requirements as well as drivers licenses. You wear your seatbelt and put your kids in car seats. You obey traffic laws. Those are all the parallels to social distancing. The parallel to refusing to social distance is driving with bald tires and bad brakes, while running red lights and stop signs.

1) I had a similar experience to you when I had the flu. Fever was over 104 for a week. To weak to move. Vomiting uncontrollably. I still don’t live my life worrying I’ll get the flu everyday.

2) I don’t refuse to socially distance. I wear a mask. I’m still not afraid to get my nails done.

3) seat belts have been proven to save lives. The lockdown has proven nothing.

fleetwood

Post Mon, May 25 2020, 10:46 am
amother [ Wine ] wrote:

Just an fyi, my healthy ,young friend has been suffering since right after purim. Once he had burning in his chest he finally went to the hospital. It turns out the virus basically burnt out his lungs. They gave him a steroid in a nebulizer to help in the recovery. This may be worth looking into if you still are suffering. Feel better.

mommy3b2c

Post Mon, May 25 2020, 10:46 am
amother [ Wine ] wrote:
What about the mother of the child your kid plays with, who is undergoing chemo.

The person who delivers your mail, who’s son has asthma

It’s not just the people we know.

That mother is not to smart if she lets my child play with hers.

amother
Orchid

Post Mon, May 25 2020, 10:51 am
B"H its not all or nothing.
The more studies done the more time the better it looks for us B"H.
We do not have to march in lockstep, the vast majority of people can make appropriate legal judgment calls as they know their situation, details, and risk factors best.
And we can respect them as they do so even if not exactly where we are holding or what we might choose for ourselves.

fleetwood

Post Mon, May 25 2020, 11:18 am
mommy3b2c wrote:
1) I had a similar experience to you when I had the flu. Fever was over 104 for a week. To weak to move. Vomiting uncontrollably. I still don’t live my life worrying I’ll get the flu everyday.

2) I don’t refuse to socially distance. I wear a mask. I’m still not afraid to get my nails done.

3) seat belts have been proven to save lives. The lockdown has proven nothing.

I'm honestly baffled. Because of the lockdown, deaths have plunged dramatically in New York. As have hospitalizations and new cases. How can you say the lockdown has proven nothing?

mommy3b2c

Post Mon, May 25 2020, 11:29 am
fleetwood wrote:
I'm honestly baffled. Because of the lockdown, deaths have plunged dramatically in New York. As have hospitalizations and new cases. How can you say the lockdown has proven nothing?

It would seem that the lockdown helped, but we can’t prove it. But anyway, I’m still not scared to get my nails done. I wasn’t scared to get my nails done at the beginning of the lockdown either. I locked down to help flatten the curve and save lives. The curve is flattened. Time to get back to life.
Page 8 of 13   Previous  1  2  3 7  8  9 11  12  13  Next Recent Topics