Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Men’s machine wash white shirts

amother1223

Post Mon, May 25 2020, 2:20 pm
Hi I’m looking for shirts for my husband- classic fit(not slim or trim!) that are nice looking, hold up, wrinkle free and machine washable- that I can buy online. Any recommendations?

amother
Linen

Post Mon, May 25 2020, 2:24 pm
Costco Kirkland brand

amother1223

Post Mon, May 25 2020, 2:36 pm
Short sleeve?

SuperWify

Post Mon, May 25 2020, 2:36 pm
Next is good for weekday really cheap

Charles Tyritt for shabbos

amother1223

Post Mon, May 25 2020, 2:37 pm
Please post links

amother
Linen

Post Mon, May 25 2020, 2:39 pm
Kirkland is not short sleeve.

FranticFrummie

Post Mon, May 25 2020, 3:41 pm
Land's End. They have a LIFETIME free replacement guarantee.

I know someone who replaces her kids backpacks every year. She even called the company to ask if what she was doing was ethical, and customer service said "Oh yes, we take back anything, no matter how old or beat up it is! Please shop around a bit while you're on the site, we have some new things in that you might like."

https://www.landsend.com/shop/.....90305

amother
Rose

Post Mon, May 25 2020, 3:58 pm
FranticFrummie wrote:
Land's End. They have a LIFETIME free replacement guarantee.

I know someone who replaces her kids backpacks every year. She even called the company to ask if what she was doing was ethical, and customer service said "Oh yes, we take back anything, no matter how old or beat up it is! Please shop around a bit while you're on the site, we have some new things in that you might like."

https://www.landsend.com/shop/.....90305

rubs me the wrong way. I feel like its a chillul hashem if they see jews taking advantage (unless you live in a place where they would have no idea who you are)
even if they officially let... obviously you can return- but should be within normal limits- not replacing backpacks every year.

FranticFrummie

Post Mon, May 25 2020, 4:48 pm
amother [ Rose ] wrote:
rubs me the wrong way. I feel like its a chillul hashem if they see jews taking advantage (unless you live in a place where they would have no idea who you are)
even if they officially let... obviously you can return- but should be within normal limits- not replacing backpacks every year.

That's why she called. She was very open with them, and they said to keep on doing it!

I think it's part of their business model. If other kids see the nice new Land's End backpacks, maybe they will start bugging their parents for the same ones. They also sell very nice children's clothes that can be passed down to many other siblings before it wears out.

Nordstrom's has a similar business model. They will take back items even if the tags have been removed, and you've lost the receipt. They are hoping that you will take the return money, shop in the store, and spend even more than you normally would have, because psychologically you thing you've gotten "free money" (even though it was your money to begin with.) I know a personal shopper for Nordstrom's, and she says that the store almost always comes out way ahead in the profit margins because of the generous return system.

The returned items get retagged, and sold at Nordstrom's Rack at a discount, so they make money back that way as well. Bargain shoppers can get gorgeous things that may have been worn once, or are one year out of season.

BTW, the founders of Nordstrom's were all frum Jews.

amother
Aqua

Post Mon, May 25 2020, 5:18 pm
Nordstrom lost a lot in revenue due to their return policy, and they've revamped it in the last few years. Just FYI.

In our experience, Charles tyrwhitt shirts look and wash the best. I wash in warm water, dry on medium, and immediately hang up once dry. They look really good.

FranticFrummie

Post Mon, May 25 2020, 5:20 pm
amother [ Aqua ] wrote:
Nordstrom lost a lot in revenue due to their return policy, and they've revamped it in the last few years. Just FYI.

That's sad.

I've been out of the US loop for the past 5 years, and I know that the economy has changed a lot since then.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics