Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Home daycares/ playgroups

amother
OP

Post Mon, May 25 2020, 12:51 pm
When the restriction start lifting and child care is allowed to reopen what protocols would you like to see the morah put in place you that would make you feel comfortable. As a morah myself I am just trying to figure out how best to open safely when it's the right time. There is no way my age children can wear masks and they need a lot of physical help . I have a small group so in that area not an issue.I would feel bad but thinking only parents by the door text me I will get your child ready and meet at the door instead of coming in and sitting down .what else ?

thunderstorm

Post Mon, May 25 2020, 12:52 pm
I think you should allow parents in but they need to Purell first at the entrance and wear a mask

amother
Orchid

Post Mon, May 25 2020, 1:14 pm
thunderstorm wrote:
I think you should allow parents in but they need to Purell first at the entrance and wear a mask

Purell won't do it. They need to wash or stay out.

amother
Blush

Post Mon, May 25 2020, 2:51 pm
I am confused why you think it will help anything to keep the parents out but let all the (little, roll-in-the-dirt, non mask wearing) kids in

amother
OP

Post Mon, May 25 2020, 4:03 pm
amother [ Blush ] wrote:
I am confused why you think it will help anything to keep the parents out but let all the (little, roll-in-the-dirt, non mask wearing) kids in

I am not keeping the parents out after they been at work all day do I want them coming in and sitting on my couch if I get a child ready in advance they can still see all the going on from the door way that's not sitting in my house. Also that was just 1 thing I need to figure it all out and rolling in dirt doesn't give you a virus

Ema of 5

Post Mon, May 25 2020, 4:09 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
When the restriction start lifting and child care is allowed to reopen what protocols would you like to see the morah put in place you that would make you feel comfortable. As a morah myself I am just trying to figure out how best to open safely when it's the right time. There is no way my age children can wear masks and they need a lot of physical help . I have a small group so in that area not an issue.I would feel bad but thinking only parents by the door text me I will get your child ready and meet at the door instead of coming in and sitting down .what else ?

I think you mentioned what I would like to see.
-small group
- Morah meets child at the door in the morning, brings child to the door in the afternoon
-enough space for kids to not be sitting on top of each other all the time
-enough space so they can eat and rest without touching each other

amother
OP

Post Mon, May 25 2020, 4:27 pm
Ema of 4 wrote:
I think you mentioned what I would like to see.
-small group
- Morah meets child at the door in the morning, brings child to the door in the afternoon
-enough space for kids to not be sitting on top of each other all the time
-enough space so they can eat and rest without touching each other

Thank you from this list feeding would be the biggest issue they are at the table I have for them I wonder how I can do feeding different
Another question
Would you want the morah to wear a mask all day? During parts of the day like feeding and changing?

amother
Babypink

Post Mon, May 25 2020, 4:28 pm
I have a legal playgroup/daycare - we have been allowed to be open this entire time in New York as essential. I can tell you what the law is here. Every child over the age of 2 years old must wear a mask coming in and leaving. The mask does not have to be worn the rest of the day, even when going outside to play. No social distancing required (it would not be possible anyway). The adult providers must wear a mask at all times, all day. Any parent coming into the room must wear a mask. I also took a webinar for providers in the whole country on best practices. It is recommended that every parent takes their child's temperature each morning and texts you that the child is fever free without aid of tylenol or motrin. Or you should stagger arrival and take each child's temperature as they arrive outside on your driveway. They recommend not allowing parents to bring the child inside. Same with dismissal - it is recommended to bring each child out to their parents. They recommend cleaning with list N products and frequent hand washing, but stress that keeping sick children OUT is the best defense. Have a designated "isolation" area (child must be able to be seen at all times) in case a child becomes ill while in your care. Open windows and wait 24 hours before cleaning the isolation area. I would also have each child "purell" upon arrival.

amother
OP

Post Mon, May 25 2020, 4:49 pm
amother [ Babypink ] wrote:
I have a legal playgroup/daycare - we have been allowed to be open this entire time in New York as essential. I can tell you what the law is here. Every child over the age of 2 years old must wear a mask coming in and leaving. The mask does not have to be worn the rest of the day, even when going outside to play. No social distancing required (it would not be possible anyway). The adult providers must wear a mask at all times, all day. Any parent coming into the room must wear a mask. I also took a webinar for providers in the whole country on best practices. It is recommended that every parent takes their child's temperature each morning and texts you that the child is fever free without aid of tylenol or motrin. Or you should stagger arrival and take each child's temperature as they arrive outside on your driveway. They recommend not allowing parents to bring the child inside. Same with dismissal - it is recommended to bring each child out to their parents. They recommend cleaning with list N products and frequent hand washing, but stress that keeping sick children OUT is the best defense. Have a designated "isolation" area (child must be able to be seen at all times) in case a child becomes ill while in your care. Open windows and wait 24 hours before cleaning the isolation area. I would also have each child "purell" upon arrival.

Thank you this was very helpful I am not in ny and very select daycares here open. Do you sanitize toys every day? How do you trust parents enough not to just give Tylenol if taking temp every morning I am worried about that. People are desperate to send out again Also what about snack / lunch time.

amother
Babypink

Post Mon, May 25 2020, 5:00 pm
You are not required to sanitize toys each day. As far as snack and lunch, regular cleaning procedures should be followed but list N products (such as lysol and clorax wipes if you can get them) are recommended. Check the bottle for how many minutes the product must be left on the surfaces before wiping down. As far as parents lying, maybe I am naive but it's hard for me to believe that frum parents will blatantly lie if you ask them directly. But do explain that if a parent sends a sick child there is almost a 100% chance that you or your assistant will get sick too and then you may have to close down for a minimum of 10 days, maybe more. So that parent is only hurting themselves.

Ema of 5

Post Mon, May 25 2020, 5:14 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Thank you from this list feeding would be the biggest issue they are at the table I have for them I wonder how I can do feeding different
Another question
Would you want the morah to wear a mask all day? During parts of the day like feeding and changing?

I think as long as the kids are ok with it, the Morah should wear a mask. The kids don’t need to though.

soap suds

Post Mon, May 25 2020, 5:38 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Thank you this was very helpful I am not in ny and very select daycares here open. Do you sanitize toys every day? How do you trust parents enough not to just give Tylenol if taking temp every morning I am worried about that. People are desperate to send out again Also what about snack / lunch time.

Can someone explain how sanitizing the toys each day would help? Isn't the main concern that the kids will leave germs on the toys, thus transmitting it to the next kid that touches it? I assume the kids will be touching the same toys throughout the day. By the time you sanitize it, any potential germs will already have been transmitted from child to child. Unless you sanitize between each child using it (which is practically impossible), how would sanitizing at the end of the day help?

amother
Babypink

Post Mon, May 25 2020, 6:59 pm
soap suds wrote:
Can someone explain how sanitizing the toys each day would help? Isn't the main concern that the kids will leave germs on the toys, thus transmitting it to the next kid that touches it? I assume the kids will be touching the same toys throughout the day. By the time you sanitize it, any potential germs will already have been transmitted from child to child. Unless you sanitize between each child using it (which is practically impossible), how would sanitizing at the end of the day help?

This is exactly why sanitizing the toys are not even included in "best practices", and certainly not required. Same with tables - just regular cleaning procedures, disinfectants recommended if possible.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics