Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Do your kids wear masks while playing outside?
Previous  1  2

rae

Post Mon, May 25 2020, 10:18 pm
No!! Kids should not wear a mask playing outside. They need to breathe in all the fresh air they can. Whoever is worried should wear a mask themselves. Please leave kids alone. Protect yourself if that’s what you believe.

ameliabedelia

Post Mon, May 25 2020, 10:19 pm
Amen, looking forward to that day! Sorry if I sounded harsh I'm just getting a little frustrated and feeling like "the mean mommy" is getting 2me

OutofTown Girl

Post Mon, May 25 2020, 10:21 pm
My kids love wearing masks, they think they look all grown up. (They're little.)

We wear masks outside (not in our yard) mostly out of respect for our elderly neighbors, and also because of the executive order in NYS - why risk causing a chillul hashem by publicly defying the order? There are so many non-Jews out and about here in Flatbush, most everyone wearing masks, and I don't think it would be right to just flout that norm. However, I don't think most people expect the littler kids to be wearing masks, so it probably wouldn't be a chillul hashem if they didn't. I don't push my kids to wear them (though they most often choose to). We are also still SDing.

OutATowner

Post Mon, May 25 2020, 10:23 pm
No, but they are good about SD.
What is very difficult is all my non Jewish neighbors literally throwing block parties and not SD, including an emt and firefighter....My kids want to know why we are still SD if they aren't.
/end rant.

amother
Coffee

Post Mon, May 25 2020, 11:15 pm
rae wrote:
No!! Kids should not wear a mask playing outside. They need to breathe in all the fresh air they can. Whoever is worried should wear a mask themselves. Please leave kids alone. Protect yourself if that’s what you believe.

The reason for masks is to protect others. The average mask won't protect the wearer.
So, yeah, your kids should wear masks if they are likely to encounter others in public spaces.

amother
Coffee

Post Mon, May 25 2020, 11:18 pm
OutofTown Girl wrote:
My kids love wearing masks, they think they look all grown up. (They're little.)

We wear masks outside (not in our yard) mostly out of respect for our elderly neighbors, and also because of the executive order in NYS - why risk causing a chillul hashem by publicly defying the order? There are so many non-Jews out and about here in Flatbush, most everyone wearing masks, and I don't think it would be right to just flout that norm. However, I don't think most people expect the littler kids to be wearing masks, so it probably wouldn't be a chillul hashem if they didn't. I don't push my kids to wear them (though they most often choose to). We are also still SDing.

I got the cutest little cloth mask for my five year old. She actually walks around in the house wearing it!!
And, no we're not mask freaks. Just wear them as when there others around us.

ra_mom

Post Mon, May 25 2020, 11:23 pm
ameliabedelia wrote:
Who said I engage? I've been very good about keeping my mouth shut and not telling them what to do. My neighbors know I am being stricter than they are. Just curious if other people felt like their kids were the only ones wearing masks too, I feel bad for them- if everyone wore it would make it easier on them

Yes my kids feel different. They express to me a mixture of longing and also horror when they see those mingling together.

youngishbear

Post Mon, May 25 2020, 11:35 pm
ra_mom wrote:
Yes my kids feel different. They express to me a mixture of longing and also horror when they see those mingling together.

My kids react the same way. I've had to explain that people around us believe they already had the virus and are now immune.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics