Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Help! My 5 yr old DD has pubi( hair!

amother
OP

Post Mon, May 25 2020, 9:35 pm
I'm really concerned! She just casually told me that she has some hairs down there. I checked and saw a few tiny hairs! OMG!
What does this mean?
I obviously will call her pediatrician tomorrow; but was hoping to get some insight from the experienced moms here.
Anyone ever dealt with this?

amother
Scarlet

Post Mon, May 25 2020, 9:38 pm
Peach fuzz hairs? That's normal at all ages. If you mean coarse hair you should check with your pediatrician.

amother
OP

Post Mon, May 25 2020, 9:55 pm
amother [ Scarlet ] wrote:
Peach fuzz hairs? That's normal at all ages. If you mean coarse hair you should check with your pediatrician.

Thanks for your reply! They were tiny. I guess peach fuzz. But I think it's a new development which is why she mentioned it... I will call tomorrow iyH!

silverlining3

Post Mon, May 25 2020, 9:56 pm
amother [ Scarlet ] wrote:

I love the peach fuzz description. Spot on! Got me LOL'ing

amother
Azure

Post Mon, May 25 2020, 9:57 pm
Little peach fuzz hairs that are all the same length and tiny and soft, just like peach fuzz, are fine. Those are not pubic hairs

amother
Fuchsia

Post Mon, May 25 2020, 10:20 pm
Girls can have peach fuzz down there since they're born. It's normal.
OP, your daughter probably just realized it.

amother
Plum

Post Mon, May 25 2020, 11:58 pm
I recall once reading about an 18 month old who developed pubic hairs. It was because of a benign pituitary tumor that was easily removed and all was well. You should consult a doctor.

seeker

Post Tue, May 26 2020, 2:36 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Thanks for your reply! They were tiny. I guess peach fuzz. But I think it's a new development which is why she mentioned it... I will call tomorrow iyH!

Could be she only mentioned it now because she only started exploring now. Pretty common for kids to start exploring at a certain age areas that they never paid attention to earlier.

However you are doing the right thing by staying on top of it and checking with your pediatrician.

amother
Blush

Post Tue, May 26 2020, 2:38 am
I worked in a daycare. I’ve seen many Sefardi children with back hair and arm hair and hair by their tush. Always check with a doctor but some people just have more hair and get it earlier
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics