Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Macy's refund

amother
OP

Post Tue, May 26 2020, 10:00 am
Weird question, but has anyone had this before?

I ordered a huge amount of stuff from Macy's ($350-$400) and most of it was returned. I received an email from them stating my return has been received and I am receiving my refund on a Macy's gift card!

I am really upset because this is a huge bill and I have no need for such a huge Macy's gift card! I never heard of something like this; most normal department stores refund to your original payment method!

I tried emailing, no response, and I can't find a phone number.

Has anyone ever had this? Any ideas? I guess I can dispute with my credit card if it comes down to it.

amother
Jade

Post Tue, May 26 2020, 10:02 am
The number is 1800 buy Macy
I do a lot of shopping at Macy's and often return close to $1000 at a time. I've never had this issue. The only time they do a gift card is if you purchased it on a gift card, or using star money.

LittleMissMama

Post Tue, May 26 2020, 10:08 am
You returned it by mail? On the return slip, was there are box you had to check off to specify your return method?

Einikel

Post Tue, May 26 2020, 10:31 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Weird question, but has anyone had this before?

I ordered a huge amount of stuff from Macy's ($350-$400) and most of it was returned. I received an email from them stating my return has been received and I am receiving my refund on a Macy's gift card!

I am really upset because this is a huge bill and I have no need for such a huge Macy's gift card! I never heard of something like this; most normal department stores refund to your original payment method!

I tried emailing, no response, and I can't find a phone number.

Has anyone ever had this? Any ideas? I guess I can dispute with my credit card if it comes down to it.

I had this. After not redeeming the credit for a few months they sent me a check for that amount. Edit: I purchased it on a Macy’s credit card.

amother
OP

Post Tue, May 26 2020, 10:39 am
amother [ Jade ] wrote:
The number is 1800 buy Macy
I do a lot of shopping at Macy's and often return close to $1000 at a time. I've never had this issue. The only time they do a gift card is if you purchased it on a gift card, or using star money.

They won't transfer me to a representative. Idiots. Sad

No idea why they're doing this.

amother
Denim

Post Tue, May 26 2020, 10:59 am
I had this once, they sent me a gift card in the mail. I called them and they canceled the gift card and refunded my credit card.

amother
Smokey

Post Tue, May 26 2020, 12:08 pm
I'll do you one better. I once placed $800 or so order of maternity friendly tops (so about 3 years ago) and sent them all back. Got refunded for half. Took me over a month of calling daily to get thru to English speaker who could help me. Never shopped online there again.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics