Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels
Wash and sets question

amother
OP

Post Tue, May 26 2020, 11:53 am
So I just dropped off my sheital to be washed and set and she had me put it in a bag.
Now how does it work when picking it up? The sheital machers will put it back in a bag and leave it outside their door? Doesnt that ruin the hairstyle?

(new to wearing sheitals so curious how this all works Smile )

sub

Post Tue, May 26 2020, 11:57 am
She will ask you to bring your shaitel box when it’s ready.
Or she will put it on a head in the box

I have put set wigs in the paper or material bags that have firm square or rectangular shape. They survive the trip home.

silverlining3

Post Tue, May 26 2020, 12:21 pm
I very often drop off in a bag and when I go to pick it up I bring along a box

amother
OP

Post Tue, May 26 2020, 12:22 pm
sub wrote:
She will ask you to bring your shaitel box when it’s ready.
Or she will put it on a head in the box

I have put set wigs in the paper or material bags that have firm square or rectangular shape. They survive the trip home.

thanks! So usually they'll text me when its ready and Ill go with the wig head? How does it work now during corona if I cant hand her the wig head?

amother
Apricot

Post Tue, May 26 2020, 12:24 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
thanks! So usually they'll text me when its ready and Ill go with the wig head? How does it work now during corona if I cant hand her the wig head?

Are you really not handing people things?

amother
OP

Post Tue, May 26 2020, 12:25 pm
amother [ Apricot ] wrote:
Are you really not handing people things?

Most sheital machers are being very strict in my area in terms of not being in close proximity...

sub

Post Tue, May 26 2020, 12:26 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

Before pesach my ds picked up my wig for me. The shaitel macher put it on a head she had. I now need to return it.
Perhaps call her and ask what she will need you to bring once the wig is ready.

amother
Pink

Post Tue, May 26 2020, 12:51 pm
This is a question you need to ask your sheitalmacher because everyone has their own way of doing things.
It also depends on the style of your wig. Long wavy wigs with no bangs can easily sit in a paper bag without ruining the style.
Shorter wigs where every hair needs to be in place, those styles get ruined quicker and are better off being transported on a head.

Ahuva's Mommy

Post Tue, May 26 2020, 1:19 pm
My sheitel macher will wrap it in tissue paper and then put it in a bag if I don't have a head with me. A different person I used, made me buy a Sheitel head from her when I forgot to bring one.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels