Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Where is Harry Potter land?

mommy3b2c

Post Tue, May 26 2020, 8:56 am
In universal or island of adventures?

OBnursemom

Post Tue, May 26 2020, 9:08 am
Apparently the main part is in Universal, but Hogsmeade is in Islands of Adventure.

simcha2

Post Tue, May 26 2020, 9:10 am
It's split between the two. (Though diagon alley is in the main park). The Hogwarts express goes between the two - the only way to ride it is to get a park hopper ticket.

mommy3b2c

Post Tue, May 26 2020, 9:12 am
Which one is better?

simcha2

Post Tue, May 26 2020, 9:14 am
The main park. But if you can swing it, the Hogwarts Express is a real highlight.

amother
Orchid

Post Tue, May 26 2020, 9:14 am
Is that really going to be open this summer?

OBnursemom

Post Tue, May 26 2020, 9:15 am
I’ve never been there. My kids still want to go to Disney whenever we go to Florida. I hope I’ll get there eventually.

mommy3b2c

Post Tue, May 26 2020, 9:49 am
amother [ Orchid ] wrote:
Is that really going to be open this summer?

It’s opening June 5

mommy3b2c

Post Tue, May 26 2020, 9:57 am
simcha2 wrote:
The main park. But if you can swing it, the Hogwarts Express is a real highlight.

The main park is better in general? Or the Harry Potter part?

I’ve been to universal once and island of adventures once. I hated universal loved island of adventures. Universal was 14 years ago, and I we ended up leaving after a few hours because I was vomiting and nauseous. I have terrible memories. There was no Harry Potter land at the time. Island of adventures was about 7 years ago. I loved the Harry Potter part. Specially there was one ride that was amazing. I’ve been wanting to take my kids since. We might only do one park, so I’m trying to figure out which. Or maybe we should just do both? But I just can’t seem to shake those terrible memories of universal.

amother
Bronze

Post Tue, May 26 2020, 10:04 am
mommy3b2c wrote:

I’ve been to universal once and island of adventures once. I hated universal loved island of adventures. Universal was 14 years ago, and I we ended up leaving after a few hours because I was vomiting and nauseous. I have terrible memories. There was no Harry Potter land at the time. Island of adventures was about 7 years ago. I loved the Harry Potter part. Specially there was one ride that was amazing. I’ve been wanting to take my kids since. We might only do one park, so I’m trying to figure out which. Or maybe we should just do both? But I just can’t seem to shake those terrible memories of universal.

Are u driving or flying down?

amother
Bronze

Post Tue, May 26 2020, 10:06 am
also disney hasnt posted their reopening date, only universal

mommy3b2c

Post Tue, May 26 2020, 10:09 am
amother [ Bronze ] wrote:
Are u driving or flying down?

Most likely flying. I don’t want to sit in a car for 20
Hours.

mommy3b2c

Post Tue, May 26 2020, 10:10 am
also disney hasnt posted their reopening date, only universal

Correct. But Legoland is opening June 1. And there are a ton of other attractions that are already opened. Safaris, amusement parks, etc...

amother
Bronze

Post Tue, May 26 2020, 10:39 am
mommy3b2c wrote:
Correct. But Legoland is opening June 1. And there are a ton of other attractions that are already opened. Safaris, amusement parks, etc...

yes I know. im heading down next week , not comfortable flying, but trying to find somewhere to stay on the way and get yelled at when I asked here. I wish someone would answer me normally.

mommy3b2c

Post Tue, May 26 2020, 10:43 am
yes I know. im heading down next week , not comfortable flying, but trying to find somewhere to stay on the way and get yelled at when I asked here. I wish someone would answer me normally.

Why cant you just pick someplace on your route and then google hotels in that area? Call and find out if they are open with availability.

amother
Emerald

Post Tue, May 26 2020, 10:46 am
My husband recently had to stay in a hotel
And when he expressed concern, they told him his room hadn’t been occupied for 7 days. So, hopefully anything that might have been left over after cleaning was gone already

amother
Bronze

Post Tue, May 26 2020, 3:08 pm
mommy3b2c wrote:
Why cant you just pick someplace on your route and then google hotels in that area? Call and find out if they are open with availability.

id prefer a tried and true spot.

simcha2

Post Tue, May 26 2020, 3:15 pm
mommy3b2c wrote:

We had a great time at both. I think your kids are roughly the same ages as mine, right? A teen, tween and preschool?

If you are going specifically for harry potter I would recommend universal. The experience of entering diagon alley is very cool. And, as I said, if they are big fans of the books, the Hogwarts express is thrilling.

My younger one loved the Dr Seuss at islands of adventure.

If harry potter Potter is a bonus, then I would do island of adventure, if it's the ikkar of the trip I would do universal studios and seriously consider doing both to include the Hogwarts express.

amother
Bronze

Post Tue, May 26 2020, 3:21 pm
simcha2 wrote:
We had a great time at both. I think your kids are roughly the same ages as mine, right? A teen, tween and preschool?

If you are going specifically for harry potter I would recommend universal. The experience of entering diagon alley is very cool. And, as I said, if they are big fans of the books, the Hogwarts express is thrilling.

My younger one loved the Dr Seuss at islands of adventure.

If harry potter Potter is a bonus, then I would do island of adventure, if it's the ikkar of the trip I would do universal studios and seriously consider doing both to include the Hogwarts express.

I have kids ages 15 to 1 , hope to hit one park which should I get to?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics