Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Kugels and Side Dishes
What to make easy in a pie crust - dairy or parve

bargainlover

Post Tue, May 26 2020, 9:00 pm
Made a quiche and mistakenly baked our both pie crusts in the package so now I have one parve baked crust. Looking for easy filling idea

saltandvinegar

Post Tue, May 26 2020, 9:14 pm
This is super yum!

Peel and slice enough apples to fill the peel crust, layer them in the pie crust with some dollops of pie filling. Sprinkle cinnamon, brown sugar and white sugar on top. In a separate bowl mix together some oats, cinnamon, brown and white sugar, some oil. Crumble on top of the pie dish and bake on 350 until done.

Crowd pleaser and so easy

happymom123

Post Tue, May 26 2020, 9:21 pm
bargainlover wrote:
Made a quiche and mistakenly baked our both pie crusts in the package so now I have one parve baked crust. Looking for easy filling idea

If it's already baked then maybe a pudding pie

Frumme

Post Tue, May 26 2020, 9:23 pm
You parbaked the crust by accident? I parbake all of my crusts... that's the secret to avoiding a soggy bottom 😉

I like to do a broccoli or spinach bake. Saute an onion and then add a pkg of frozen broccoli or spinach. Heat until defrosted and not super wet. Put in mixing bowl with 1 cup sour cream or 1 cup mayo, 3 eggs, salt, pepper, paprika, Cayenne (optional). Add in some shredded cheese if you'd like. Stir until combined. Pour into crust and top with panko/breadcrumbs/crunchy onions. Bake for 40 minutes or so at 350, or until the filling is set.

Amarante

Post Tue, May 26 2020, 10:01 pm
I think parve.

The easiest for a baked pie filling would be some kind of pudding pie. You could make it fancy by doing a "banana pudding" with banana slices and vanilla pudding.

bargainlover

Post Tue, May 26 2020, 10:08 pm
lemondrop wrote:
This is super yum!

Peel and slice enough apples to fill the peel crust, layer them in the pie crust with some dollops of pie filling. Sprinkle cinnamon, brown sugar and white sugar on top. In a separate bowl mix together some oats, cinnamon, brown and white sugar, some oil. Crumble on top of the pie dish and bake on 350 until done.

Thank you, this sounds perfect!!

geemum

Post Sun, Jun 07 2020, 5:10 pm
lemondrop wrote:
This is super yum!

mmm this sounds yumm. will be adding this to our recipe box. is there something you can suggest instead of the canned pie filling though?

ra_mom

Post Sun, Jun 07 2020, 7:54 pm
geemum wrote:
mmm this sounds yumm. will be adding this to our recipe box. is there something you can suggest instead of the canned pie filling though?

Toss apple slices with flour, cornstarch, cinnamon, sugar, a few spoons of apricot preserves. Crisscross dough on top. Brush with egg and sprinkle with sugar.

yiddishmom

Post Sun, Jun 07 2020, 8:00 pm
Frumme wrote:
You parbaked the crust by accident? I parbake all of my crusts... that's the secret to avoiding a soggy bottom 😉

I like to do a broccoli or spinach bake. Saute an onion and then add a pkg of frozen broccoli or spinach. Heat until defrosted and not super wet. Put in mixing bowl with 1 cup sour cream or 1 cup mayo, 3 eggs, salt, pepper, paprika, Cayenne (optional). Add in some shredded cheese if you'd like. Stir until combined. Pour into crust and top with panko/breadcrumbs/crunchy onions. Bake for 40 minutes or so at 350, or until the filling is set.

Saved this to my recipe box. Ty!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Kugels and Side Dishes