Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
How Are We Spending The Month Of June
Previous  1  2  3

ExtraCredit

Post Tue, May 26 2020, 8:56 pm
I’d copy and paste what I wrote on another thread if I’d know how to...
High school kids might be mature enough to know how to deal with boredom. Most elementary and preschool kids need some structure and help from parents/teachers on how to spend their day.
So when there’s no school for this long, most average mortal moms will get very overwhelmed. Totally with you OP.

amother
OP

Post Tue, May 26 2020, 9:02 pm
amother [ Linen ] wrote:
I fully intent for the month of june to make a merry-go-round or a round robin.
My 5 y.o child is a shadow of herself without friends.
My 3 year old is my "self entertain" child but my baby is a handful. My day goes fastest when I have adult company. I feel relate and commiserate..

Can you explain what you mean by this? Taking friends children one day and sending back yours the next?

amother
Linen

Post Tue, May 26 2020, 9:29 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Can you explain what you mean by this? Taking friends children one day and sending back yours the next?

4 friends. Each mom takes all the kids one day a week and does an activity, lunch, sprinkler...

amother
OP

Post Tue, May 26 2020, 11:45 pm
amother [ Linen ] wrote:
4 friends. Each mom takes all the kids one day a week and does an activity, lunch, sprinkler...

Love the idea!

Sunny Days

Post Tue, May 26 2020, 11:52 pm
amother [ Firebrick ] wrote:
My kids don't have very structured lives, aside from school (when that's a thing). They still get plenty bored. And sure, they find something to do, but most of the time it involves fighting with a sibling. Not a single loving card has been handed to me these past three months. Perhaps if I lived on the banks of plum creek they would skip in rosy-cheeked at the end of the day with a bouquet of wildflowers. Alas, we live in the city, and the only thing we accumulate are messes.

LOL Ahh so that’s the key word here too...

sky

Post Tue, May 26 2020, 11:53 pm
amother [ Linen ] wrote:

I was wondering if our summers will look like this.
Either mothers doing rounds round robins.
Or teens making camps for kids on the block. Like neighborhood clubs.
I’m working full time so I have my own challenges. But I would love to see something happen on each block.
It’s an interesting idea for someone to do. Be a head counselor of block camps. Organize cheers and songs and assemblies over the phone. Supply the games and project daily. Plan schedules. Have teens on each block coordinate.

amother
Red

Post Wed, May 27 2020, 12:01 am
sky wrote:
I’m working full time so I have my own challenges. But I would love to see something happen on each block.
It’s an interesting idea for someone to do. Be a head counselor of block camps. Organize cheers and songs and assemblies over the phone. Supply the games and project daily. Plan schedules. Have teens on each block coordinate.

yes I live in lakewood too and was wondering if this would happen but everything is in limbo til someone announces about camps one way or another...

amother
Orchid

Post Wed, May 27 2020, 3:15 pm
OP, I feel your pain!

Although I generally limit screen time, my 4 yo has spent hours the past few days watching Morah Chaya and Morah Ilana on turesponse.org (Torah Umesorah's corona response website). It's keeping her occupied and she now knows all about Shavuos (and probably Pesach too!)

amother
Pumpkin

Post Wed, May 27 2020, 3:22 pm
sky wrote:

So, basically, the "olden times" way of summer activities...lol there really is nothing new under the sun.

Sunny Days

Post Wed, May 27 2020, 3:22 pm
amother [ Orchid ] wrote:
OP, I feel your pain!

Although I generally limit screen time, my 4 yo has spent hours the past few days watching Morah Chaya and Morah Ilana on turesponse.org (Torah Umesorah's corona response website). It's keeping her occupied and she now knows all about Shavuos (and probably Pesach too!)

Can you post a link to that? Thanks!

sky

Post Wed, May 27 2020, 3:52 pm
gamzehyaavor wrote:
Can you post a link to that? Thanks!

https://www.turesponse.org/#
Look under early childhood

amother
OP

Post Wed, May 27 2020, 4:51 pm
sky wrote:
https://www.turesponse.org/#
Look under early childhood

Thanks!

southernbubby

Post Wed, May 27 2020, 5:32 pm
Didn't the New Jersey governor say today that camps can open?

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jun 05 2020, 10:20 am
Thankfully there’s school in June and daycamp in July where I live! Yeshuos Hashem keheref eyin!
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics