Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries
Therapist needed ASAP for DH in Lakewood or nearby

amother
OP

Post Sat, May 02 2020, 11:32 pm
Hi

My DH wants to see a therapist for depression, stress issues, issues with wanting to start leaning more to the left etc.

He wants a therapist who will actually listen to him and not be horrified that he wants to go more to the left, but rather give appropriate advice (the therapist doesn’t need to agree with him of course, but someone more yeshivish who will be disapproving and not be neutral will not be the right fit for him).

If you can think of someone in or near Lakewood who may be a good fit please let me know soon because I don’t want him to change his mind about seeing someone.

Thanks

amother
Sienna

Post Sat, May 02 2020, 11:55 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Hi

My DH wants to see a therapist for depression, stress issues, issues with wanting to start leaning more to the left etc.

He wants a therapist who will actually listen to him and not be horrified that he wants to go more to the left, but rather give appropriate advice (the therapist doesn’t need to agree with him of course, but someone more yeshivish who will be disapproving and not be neutral will not be the right fit for him).

If you can think of someone in or near Lakewood who may be a good fit please let me know soon because I don’t want him to change his mind about seeing someone.

Thanks

Chaim Horwitz might be a good fit.

amother
Sapphire

Post Sun, May 03 2020, 12:46 am
Yakov Salomon

amother
OP

Post Sun, May 03 2020, 1:23 pm
Thank you.

Any other suggestions?

amother
Blonde

Post Mon, May 04 2020, 10:48 am
Zev Brown is amazing. (coming from someone who is less "yeshivish" than her DH and feels understood)

amother
Taupe

Post Mon, May 04 2020, 11:24 am
amother [ Sienna ] wrote:

Deleted post because realizing every case different and maybe in this case the client managed to present himself as something he wasn't and Dr Horwitz fell for it.

amother
OP

Post Mon, May 04 2020, 11:32 am
amother [ Taupe ] wrote:
Chaim Horwitz very much promotes going to the left, so if this is what you are looking for go ahead.

That’s interesting to hear, because I’ve specifically heard from someone that he was disapproving when the person brought up wanting to go more to the left....

amother
OP

Post Mon, May 04 2020, 3:02 pm
amother [ Blonde ] wrote:
Zev Brown is amazing. (coming from someone who is less "yeshivish" than her DH and feels understood)

Do you have his contact info? Thanks

amother
Chartreuse

Post Mon, May 04 2020, 7:28 pm
amother [ Sienna's ] wrote:

From personal experience I would disagree

amother
Chartreuse

Post Mon, May 04 2020, 7:29 pm
Dr. David Lieberman would be great if you can get to him

amother
Babypink

Post Mon, May 04 2020, 7:57 pm
Zev Brown
(732) 232-1658

amother
Sienna

Post Mon, May 04 2020, 10:50 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
That’s interesting to hear, because I’ve specifically heard from someone that he was disapproving when the person brought up wanting to go more to the left....

That was my experience with him as well. He encouraged me to go speak to a rav and gave me 2 names of rabbonim he thought would be helpful.

amother
Sienna

Post Mon, May 04 2020, 10:52 pm
I also want to add that Chaim Horwitz is a baal teshuva himself so he knows both sides.

amother
Crimson

Post Tue, May 05 2020, 5:58 pm
My DH is in the same situation. He had tried Dr Horowitz and he didn't feel comfortable with him regarding this, so he stopped going. He also would be interested in finding a different therapist.

amother
Crimson

Post Tue, May 26 2020, 9:30 pm
Look into Ethan Leichter (or something like that). He is based in Clifton but has an office in Lakewood. My DH started with him recently and is happy. I believe that for now he is only doing over the phone.

amother
OP

Post Wed, May 27 2020, 5:40 pm
amother [ Crimson ] wrote:
Look into Ethan Leichter (or something like that). He is based in Clifton but has an office in Lakewood. My DH started with him recently and is happy. I believe that for now he is only doing over the phone.

Thank you!

FmrNewEnglander

Post Wed, May 27 2020, 6:36 pm
I am just curious -- and you dont have to answer....but in this context ... what does going to the "left" mean? I think I know ... but I dont use "left" as meaning, necessarily, less religious. But thats me.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries