Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
200 struggling businesses to open tomorrow in Brooklyn
  Previous  1  2  3 11  12  13  Next

amother
Beige

Post Tue, May 26 2020, 6:20 pm
ra_mom wrote:
So happy to hear about the tights Mama Bear!

From what I hear, the difference between yesterday and today on the streets is massive. And I'm not talking about mostly Jewish neighborhoods - all throughout the city. So many people. So much traffic.

We're in such a weird state. Half locked in, the other half spilling out on the packed streets.

Iirc, non Jewish small businesses in NYC we're supposed to open today.
It's crazy that so many people are outside, though. It's the same problem as was on Sunday in BP and Williamsburg - lots of people, no SD. The only difference is, Dr Blasio said today that NYPD won't be on top of SD and masks any more, not sure if effective immediately.

SixOfWands

Post Tue, May 26 2020, 6:31 pm
amother [ Beige ] wrote:
Iirc, non Jewish small businesses in NYC we're supposed to open today.
It's crazy that so many people are outside, though. It's the same problem as was on Sunday in BP and Williamsburg - lots of people, no SD. The only difference is, Dr Blasio said today that NYPD won't be on top of SD and masks any more, not sure if effective immediately.

The law doesn't differentiate between the religion of store owners. Non-essential businesses are still supposed to be closed.

amother
Orange

Post Tue, May 26 2020, 6:43 pm
SixOfWands wrote:
The law doesn't differentiate between the religion of store owners. Non-essential businesses are still supposed to be closed.

Supposed to...la la la kish kish...

amother
Coral

Post Tue, May 26 2020, 7:01 pm
and guess what, MANY stores did not even bother with social distancing. Did not require masks, and lets not lie to ourselves, they were ALL open with private appointments. they wanted a CROWD.

southernbubby

Post Tue, May 26 2020, 8:33 pm
SixOfWands wrote:

Apparently a woman's clothing store here in Monsey was fined $10k and each shopper $1K for being open and shopping and apparently there was a large crowd.

I think that it would have been safer if these stores would have been allowed to open for a limited amount of shoppers at any given time. There wouldn't have developed this panic. The germ can't tell if a person is buying essential items or non essential items. It's a matter of keeping a safe distance whether buying Tylenol or hair ribbon. It's understandable that store owners are desperate. The rent is enormous. The neighborhood will deteriorate without businesses. The government needs to strike a balance otherwise, the people feel compelled to take the law into their own hands.

PinkFridge

Post Tue, May 26 2020, 8:46 pm
southernbubby wrote:
Apparently a woman's clothing store here in Monsey was fined $10k and each shopper $1K for being open and shopping and apparently there was a large crowd.

I think that it would have been safer if these stores would have been allowed to open for a limited amount of shoppers at any given time. There wouldn't have developed this panic. The germ can't tell if a person is buying essential items or non essential items. It's a matter of keeping a safe distance whether buying Tylenol or hair ribbon. It's understandable that store owners are desperate. The rent is enormous. The neighborhood will deteriorate without businesses. The government needs to strike a balance otherwise, the people feel compelled to take the law into their own hands.

What about taking appointments? Ten people every half hour or so.

Zehava

Post Tue, May 26 2020, 8:50 pm
southernbubby wrote:

I doubt those fines will actually have to be paid. Especially those for the shoppers. Shopping is still a nerve wracking experience though with all the hiding and panicky sales ladies.

southernbubby

Post Tue, May 26 2020, 8:55 pm
PinkFridge wrote:
What about taking appointments? Ten people every half hour or so.

The stores in Monsey were doing that but I don't know how well it worked. People feel pressured to buy if they have a private appointment.
Probably a lot of people were buying online rather than patronizing their local stores. There are signs all over Monsey reminding people to buy local but unless they do make an appointment, they can't really shop. Unless the store windows are covered, the store would look like it's open if lights and people were visible, even for a private appointment.

southernbubby

Post Tue, May 26 2020, 8:57 pm
Zehava wrote:
I doubt those fines will actually have to be paid. Especially those for the shoppers. Shopping is still a nerve wracking experience though with all the hiding and panicky sales ladies.

How will they be able to avoid paying the fines?

amother
Khaki

Post Tue, May 26 2020, 8:58 pm
Mama Bear wrote:
The scene/situation in Williamsburg defies description. It's insaaaaane.
IYH in a month from now it's gonna empty out quite a bit.

Kind of makes me feel good in a way though. Like we’re all one big family looking out for each other while the world goes to h*ll. Or something.

Zehava

Post Tue, May 26 2020, 9:00 pm
amother [ Coral ] wrote:
and guess what, MANY stores did not even bother with social distancing. Did not require masks, and lets not lie to ourselves, they were ALL open with private appointments. they wanted a CROWD.

No kidding

Zehava

Post Tue, May 26 2020, 9:02 pm
southernbubby wrote:
How will they be able to avoid paying the fines?

Dh explained as by the time courts open it’ll be a law that is no longer in effect or something like that

Mama Bear

Post Tue, May 26 2020, 10:09 pm
Some of the stores on wallabout were terrified to let anyone in and they had a table at their door & were serving ppl on the streets, so the streets were mobbed. The store I went into for tights had their gate down, and on a side door it said "please wear masks and absolutely no carriages." I put on my mask and walked in. The only ppl with masks were the non Jewish sales help. all the shoppers wore no masks. and there plenty of carriages...
I kept my mask on to show the sales help that I'm taking SD seriously.
I only wear my mask bc of chilul hashem. For medicalese I don't need it, it doesnt help.

amother
Azure

Post Tue, May 26 2020, 11:27 pm
amother [ Khaki ] wrote:
Kind of makes me feel good in a way though. Like we’re all one big family looking out for each other while the world goes to h*ll. Or something.

If we would truly be looking out for each other we would protect the vulnerable people in our midst by wearing masks and trying our best to maintain social distancing. Because we care about each other.

amother
Wine

Post Tue, May 26 2020, 11:39 pm
Mama Bear wrote:
Some of the stores on wallabout were terrified to let anyone in and they had a table at their door & were serving ppl on the streets, so the streets were mobbed. The store I went into for tights had their gate down, and on a side door it said "please wear masks and absolutely no carriages." I put on my mask and walked in. The only ppl with masks were the non Jewish sales help. all the shoppers wore no masks. and there plenty of carriages...
I kept my mask on to show the sales help that I'm taking SD seriously.
I only wear my mask bc of chilul hashem. For medicalese I don't need it, it doesnt help.

The mask doesn't protect YOU. It protects others from possible infection by you.

Refusing to wear a mask is tantamount to telling others that you don't care if you infect them.

amother
Wine

Post Tue, May 26 2020, 11:42 pm
amother [ Khaki ] wrote:

We're looking out for each other by refusing to wear masks, failing to social distance, and patronizing stores that are violating the law?

amother
Powderblue

Post Tue, May 26 2020, 11:45 pm
amother [ Azure ] wrote:
If we would truly be looking out for each other we would protect the vulnerable people in our midst by wearing masks and trying our best to maintain social distancing. Because we care about each other.

I liked your post, and I agree, but in reality everyone is selfish and nobody really cares.

amother
Wine

Post Tue, May 26 2020, 11:55 pm
amother [ Orange ] wrote:
Yeah, we all want to die and drag everyone along with us in the mass grave as a punishment for not shivering in our boots as per the media's request.

Nearly 100,000 dead is not a media creation. More than 23,000 in NY state alone.

If you're not afraid, you should be. Fear is not what should keep you home. Fear is what should help make you safe when you do go out.

amother
Orange

Post Wed, May 27 2020, 12:02 am
amother [ Wine ] wrote:
Nearly 100,000 dead is not a media creation. More than 23,000 in NY state alone.

If you're not afraid, you should be. Fear is not what should keep you home. Fear is what should help make you safe when you do go out.

The nazis killed 6 million jews. If I see a german, I will flee and hide.

The huge death toll is behind us for now, no reason to continue tzitering.

amother
Periwinkle

Post Wed, May 27 2020, 12:35 am
amother [ Powderblue ] wrote:
I liked your post, and I agree, but in reality everyone is selfish and nobody really cares.

Me and my husband care. We are in low risk category we are not scared for ourselves and we are still sd

For weeks we didn't step Into a store or take walks much. We are still very careful

I agree most don't care about anyone except themselves. Few care to inconveince themselves for the vulnerable.
Page 12 of 13   Previous  1  2  3 11  12  13  Next Recent Topics