Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Strollers
Stroller Help Please!

amother
OP

Post Tue, May 26 2020, 9:42 pm
I have been doing research into strollers and carseats and am so overwhelmed. I have an idea of what I am looking for at this point, and understand I may have to give up some of the factors just due to budget...but here are the factors I am looking for, please offer any advice on any strollers and carseats that fit the bill!

-preferably a stroller that comes with a carseat (I feel like it'll get more expensive once I would have to get an adapter and a separate carseat and it just seems like a pain)
-preferably a stroller that can become a double, with in-line seats
-a moderately large-size basket
-a cup holder/other would be nice but I haven't seen many strollers online with that ledge
-good, sturdy wheels
-not so heavy but I'm not so stuck with that

realb

Post Tue, May 26 2020, 10:01 pm
I have the baby jogger city select. It comes with two seats and I used my graco car seat with an adapter when the baby was small. It is a bit heavy though. Was great for long walks but not good for going in and out of the car. Has a great big basket to fit shopping bags in the bottom.

happy chick

Post Tue, May 26 2020, 10:17 pm
Stroller that comes w a car seat is not so practical. Firstly , the stroller is not usually of very good quality if you plan to use for more than one child, iyh. And second, every time you go in the car you're shlepping a whole stroller. The snap-n-go isn't very expensive , def worth the money.
Best is to go into one of the frum stores where the sales person knows the ins and outs of every stroller.

amother
Powderblue

Post Tue, May 26 2020, 10:47 pm
Budget?

bsy

Post Tue, May 26 2020, 11:03 pm
Britax b-ready is like the uppababy vista but much cheaper

amother
Ginger

Post Tue, May 26 2020, 11:05 pm
UppaBaby Vista with the UppaBaby Mesa carseat. I have this and I love it.

amother
Azure

Post Tue, May 26 2020, 11:09 pm
amother [ Ginger ] wrote:
UppaBaby Vista with the UppaBaby Mesa carseat. I have this and I love it.

or any car seat that can fit in the vista with adapters-they are about $40. I think its worth it

amother
Ginger

Post Tue, May 26 2020, 11:11 pm
amother [ Azure ] wrote:
or any car seat that can fit in the vista with adapters-they are about $40. I think its worth it

If you don't have a carseat to use, you might as well just get the Mesa. It's a good quality, nice looking carseat, and when you factor in the $40 for the adapters it's the same price as any.
But yeah, if you have a good carseat just get the adapters.

blessedflower

Post Wed, May 27 2020, 3:05 am
All strollers from quinny and maxi cosi come with adapters or with build in adapters and are made for car seats. Not expensive. But you needs to do your research about quality (I had the buggy quinny zap extra and didn't like the weels)

amother
Cerise

Post Wed, May 27 2020, 5:24 am
If you need an inline stroller that converts to a double, I will just say they are bigger and bulkier than a single, and not always as practical as a single. Also they're usually expensive.
Brands to consider- Joolz geo, Icandy (I would look at the orange), Silver cross wave, baby jogger City select, Uppababy vista, Britax B-ready (very similar to the vista but cheaper)

All of these will have different package options, where you can get it with car-seat etc. They will also all need a bassinet as the seat isn't suitable for babies.

byisrael

Post Wed, May 27 2020, 5:34 am
I found that the singles that turn into a double are sometimes more bulky then a smaller/narrower double...

I just want to say if money is an issue look into buying a 2nd hand on ebay or yad2 (in israel)
I got barley used bugaboo cameleon + bassinet+ cybex carseat+ adapters for 900 nis/250$
I took the whole thing apart, went over with lysol, then washed the fabrics and everyone thought it was new.

I got a much higher quality stroller then I could have afforded otherwise (my budget was 1,000 nis which would have got me a citi mini with no car seat/bassinet or a random chinese brand with a carseat)
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics