Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Dr. Abberbock

amother
OP

Post Tue, May 26 2020, 7:26 pm
I was thinking of using Dr. Abberbock. I heard that Dr. Abberbock himself will not be seeing new patients. If I see the other Drs at his office in the beginning, will they let me see him after a while...

amother
Royalblue

Post Tue, May 26 2020, 7:27 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Will dr abberback see new patients once your a patient at his office for a little while?

It’s Abberbock. And I don’t think anyone can understand your question.

tweety1

Post Tue, May 26 2020, 7:35 pm
Are you saying that Dr Abberbock himself doesn't see new patients? You can only get to see him if you have seen the other Drs for awhile? Is that what you're trying to ask?

amother
OP

Post Tue, May 26 2020, 7:52 pm
tweety1 wrote:
Are you saying that Dr Abberbock himself doesn't see new patients? You can only get to see him if you have seen the other Drs for awhile? Is that what you're trying to ask?

Yes. I edited it for clarity. Thank you.

octopus

Post Tue, May 26 2020, 7:57 pm
Yes. After I wasn't new anymore I was able to see abberbock. You may be surprised to find that you like other doctors in the group. Dr abberbock is a wonderful doctor. But the wait is really long for him. I only go to him if my kids have unusual issue. He thinks more out of box.

amother
OP

Post Tue, May 26 2020, 8:02 pm
octopus wrote:
Yes. After I wasn't new anymore I was able to see abberbock. You may be surprised to find that you like other doctors in the group. Dr abberbock is a wonderful doctor. But the wait is really long for him. I only go to him if my kids have unusual issue. He thinks more out of box.

Was it recent that you were a new patient there? They made it seem as if they’re being more serious now about not being able to see him.

octopus

Post Tue, May 26 2020, 8:13 pm
They gave me a whole speech when I switched about seeing abberbock. But you are right that was like 4 years ago.

amother
OP

Post Tue, May 26 2020, 8:16 pm
octopus wrote:
They gave me a whole speech when I switched about seeing abberbock. But you are right that was like 4 years ago.

I got a speech too. They said they will mark the chart that I’m new... (do they actually do that and keep track?)

I know about the other drs there. Don’t mind seeing them. I just want to know that if needed I can see him.

amother
Pewter

Post Tue, May 26 2020, 8:16 pm
Dr Abberbock and Dr Lazar both do not see new patients, once you use other drs or pa's in their practice you can definitely use them. I've been using them for a couple yrs and that was the policy already when I started with them.
They are amazing Drs and we r really happy with them! I highly recommend them!

amother
Royalblue

Post Tue, May 26 2020, 11:05 pm
amother [ Pewter ] wrote:
Dr Abberbock and Dr Lazar both do not see new patients, once you use other drs or pa's in their practice you can definitely use them. I've been using them for a couple yrs and that was the policy already when I started with them.
They are amazing Drs and we r really happy with them! I highly recommend them!

Dr. lazar is not an MD.

amother
cornflower

Post Tue, May 26 2020, 11:12 pm
amother [ Royalblue ] wrote:
Dr. lazar is not an MD.

Dr Lazar is a d.o. which is the same exact thing as an md. He went to medical school for the same amount of years as dr aberback , he completed his residency and training exactly like dr aberback and he is board certified just like any m.d.

amother
Lilac

Post Wed, May 27 2020, 12:02 am
My experience is that if you need Dr. Abberbock for something specific they will let you see him. Also, if you call on a quiet day then you often see him. They do put a note in the chart, but ime once I saw him, it was easier to get an appointment with him the next time. (Or ask him yourself directly). And ITA that the other providers are really great too.

octopus

Post Wed, May 27 2020, 12:45 am
Yes, I like all the doctors, really.I like PA's too. But if I'm shlepping to the office I will usually ask to see a dr. All the doctors know me really well over there since I'm there all the time. Confused

chocolate moose

Post Wed, May 27 2020, 10:16 am
Did not know that Dr A is still practicing; he saw my oldest in the hospital (age 32).I don't recall him being young even then!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics