Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Fish
Salmon recipe that will be good all YT
Previous  1  2

momofboys

Post Wed, May 27 2020, 12:02 am
I make Shwarma salmon..1/2 cup oil. 4-6 cubes frozen garlic.1 T.shwarma spice.3 Tsp paprika.1 T onion soup mix..dash of salt..mix it .shmear on top of salmon .bake on 350 for half hour..optional u can decorate top with sliced olives and slices of peppers..delicious !!

pizzapie

Post Wed, May 27 2020, 12:05 am
987gold wrote:
Cook salmon in water for 20 min.
Puree in hand blended equal amounts of vinegar water sugar mayonnaise and ketchup.
Pour water out from cooked salmon. Slice onions over fish. Pour sauce mixture over fish. Put a bay leave on each side of pan and refrigerate. Yum!! It lasts a couple days no problem. In the pesach cookbook.

Yes! I make this one too, it actually tastes better after sitting in the pink mixture after a day or two so definitely a good option if you want to make it in advance. The recipe I use is from the bais yaakov cookbook, it's called salmon in pink sauce or something like that.

tichellady

Post Wed, May 27 2020, 1:32 am
bouncy wrote:
Kippered Salmon- If you like the smoked style...
My sister found this recipe online and its now our family favorite

I buy a side of salmon- I find its moister like that
1.2-2 lb salmon
2tbs brown sugar
1 tbs smoked salt
1/2 tbs salt

directions
rinse fish
put in a plastic bag and add in the ingredients, mush it around so flavor goes all over. (I buy my fish Wednesday and I leave it till Friday)
We like the fish room temp. so about 3/4hr before dzman- I rinse the fish, lay it out on a cookie sheet and bake for about 2hr on 200
I leave it out till we eat it

let me know how ya njoy

Such an interesting recipe. Is it very salty?

yo'ma

Post Wed, May 27 2020, 7:52 am
itsmeima wrote:
What's a good salmon recipe (not the standard Hungarian one with sugar and onions) that I can make today and it will be good all YT.

So funny! I never made this kind, but was thinking of making it this time. I guess because I’m not Hungarian Wink . I plan on using honey mustard and coating with bread crumbs.

noosheen

Post Wed, May 27 2020, 8:11 am
FranticFrummie wrote:
My secret recipe is one ingredient - smother the salmon with honey and bake until just done. Cook covered for the first half of the time, and then uncover and turn on the broiler to get a caramelized top. Let it sit in the oven until cooled so the flesh is cooked evenly but not dried out.

Serve warm the first day. Serve cold the second day. Serve leftovers flaked into a green salad with a vinaigrette dressing and lots of chopped veggies.

Honey is a humectant, which means that it locks in the juices and keeps it from getting dry. It's also anti bacterial, so you won't have to worry so much about the fish spoiling by the third day. I've never had salmon go bad when using honey.

For best results, get dark, organic honey, not the golden refined type. You want a rich, complex flavor. Processed honey is too sweet and bland.

I make this every Rosh Hashana, and get nothing but rave reviews. People can't believe how simple it is.

FF how long do you cook for? & at what temp?
Do you cook slices, a salmon side, skin on or off?
I’d love to try this recipe. Sounds so interesting and different
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics