Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries
Anyone have info about the lunch pick-ups?
  Previous  1  2  3 24  25  26 65  66  67  Next

amother
Mint

Post Tue, May 26 2020, 11:47 pm
amother [ Cerulean ] wrote:
Anyone know what time tiferes Bais Yaakov is giving the shavuos box?

TBY will be giving out the "Shavuos box" this Thursday 10:15. The Shavuos box is for 4 children for Thursday-Sunday. There are also boxes for 2 children for 4 days.

I think they give max 1 box per family

amother
Cerulean

Post Tue, May 26 2020, 11:49 pm
What if you have 3 kids - which box do they give?

amother
Crimson

Post Wed, May 27 2020, 12:27 am
amother [ Mint ] wrote:
TBY will be giving out the "Shavuos box" this Thursday 10:15. The Shavuos box is for 4 children for Thursday-Sunday. There are also boxes for 2 children for 4 days.

any idea whats in it?

Tries2BGoodMom

Post Wed, May 27 2020, 8:07 am
Today’s Gelbstein lunch is mini pizza, danish, string cheese, Apple juice, milk, and peach. Thanks.

amother
Mint

Post Wed, May 27 2020, 8:11 am
amother [ Crimson ] wrote:
any idea whats in it?

TBY's Shavuos box contains cheese cake, cheese danishes, cheese chocolate swirls, cheese blintzes, shredded cheese, cantaloupe, mango, pineapple, heimesh challah, kugel, lettuce, dip, coleslaw, plus more. A gut yom tov!

amother
Forestgreen

Post Wed, May 27 2020, 8:21 am
amother [ Cerulean ] wrote:
What if you have 3 kids - which box do they give?

Then you probably just get a box and a bag

wazup

Post Wed, May 27 2020, 9:06 am
amother [ Forestgreen ] wrote:
Then you probably just get a box and a bag

No I have 3 they give you the smaller box

amother
Blue

Post Wed, May 27 2020, 9:09 am
amother [ Mint ] wrote:
TBY's Shavuos box contains cheese cake, cheese danishes, cheese chocolate swirls, cheese blintzes, shredded cheese, cantaloupe, mango, pineapple, heimesh challah, kugel, lettuce, dip, coleslaw, plus more. A gut yom tov!

Can you get this if you are not a TBY parent?

amother
Mint

Post Wed, May 27 2020, 10:26 am
amother [ Blue ] wrote:
Can you get this if you are not a TBY parent?

I think so

amother
Chocolate

Post Wed, May 27 2020, 10:26 am
ces wrote:
Ages 1-18. Don't have to be enrolled in school

Ty

amother
OP

Post Wed, May 27 2020, 10:41 am
amother [ Mint ] wrote:

Where is the pick-up?

mlc

Post Wed, May 27 2020, 11:04 am
There is bgan shavuos box at toras zev together with a slice of pizza for today lunch. Just went and no lines.

amother
Forestgreen

Post Wed, May 27 2020, 11:14 am
I am by pine park now and there is a very long line. It might take 45 minutes for us to get the shavuos box.
They gave out lunch for 2 days yesterday so they will not be giving out lunch for today.
I think gelbsteins will be giving out lunch and a shavuos box tomorrow in all the gelbsteins locations. I’ve gone to the public school on somerset and the line was never long there.

watergirl

Post Wed, May 27 2020, 11:30 am
amother [ Mint ] wrote:

I have no horse in this race but this made my eyes pop out. Isn't the government funding meant to provide a square meal? Where I live, there are requirements for these meals. I guess the random shredded cheese and lettuce among the junk food takes care of that?

mlc

Post Wed, May 27 2020, 11:39 am
watergirl wrote:
I have no horse in this race but this made my eyes pop out. Isn't the government funding meant to provide a square meal? Where I live, there are requirements for these meals. I guess the random shredded cheese and lettuce among the junk food takes care of that?

I thought similar reading that too. The box I got is more well rounded than that. Eggplant, green beans, melon, cheese latkes, challah, cheese, jam, a kugel, and juice.

Also, I happened to be thinking that about the gelbsteins school district lunches. I wouldn’t call them healthy at all- junky starch and no vegetables. I was wondering if maybe I was confused about the purpose- maybe the food is to ensure kids are not hungry, versus actual nutrition.

ETA that I heard that most boxes with extra treats did have all the healthy things meeting requirements as well and received the treats at generous discounts by vendors for people to have nice things lekovod yt. I think that is beautiful!

Last edited by mlc on Wed, May 27 2020, 2:44 pm; edited 2 times in total

amother
Mint

Post Wed, May 27 2020, 11:51 am
watergirl wrote:

My sil tells me in Baltimore they get great food. Both A milk and meat shavous box.

Here daily we get snacks. Like my kids get string cheese or American cheese . So shredded cheese I guess is that. Like I think egg rolls need the cheese to make it a balanced meal.
Every day we get for breakfast and lunch milk, fruit, veg, bread or cereal, main, protein, snack

The mainmeals I got in my box from Orchos chaim:
Cheese blintzes
Egg rolls
Noodle kugel
Pancakes

Fruit :
Cantaloupe
Mango

Vegetables - frozen:
Broccoli
Sugars snap peas
Stir fry veggies
Sliced eggplant

Carbs :
Rolls + mini jams
Challah
Cake

Milk
Chocolate milk

Proteins
Shredded cheese
Sliced cheese.

Mommyg8

Post Wed, May 27 2020, 12:15 pm
mlc wrote:
I was shocked reading that too. The box I got is more well rounded than that. Eggplant, green beans, melon, cheese latkes, challah, cheese, jam, a kugel, and juice.

Honestly I wouldn’t have wanted all the junk food so glad I got my box where I did.

Also, I happened to be thinking that about the gelbsteins school district lunches. I wouldn’t call them healthy at all- junky starch and no vegetables. I was wondering if maybe I was confused about the purpose- maybe the food is to ensure kids are not hungry, versus actual nutrition.

I'm getting Gelbstein's and it seems healthy to me. We get a fruit or a vegetable at every pick up, cereal in a box, and milk and juice. Plus a lunch. Whole wheat rolls and tuna yesterday.

amother
Forestgreen

Post Wed, May 27 2020, 12:52 pm
Yes, there is cheese cake, cinnamon buns, cheese blintzes, cheese latkes, Chocolate chip muffins... even cappuccino and chocolate milk!
Truly gourmet!
This is in honor of shavuos..
There was a variety of healthy food as well-
Tomatoes
Cucumbers
A bag of bodek salad mix
Milk
Chick peas
Baby corn
Grape juice
Cantaloupe

Our tax dollars hard at work 🙂

mlc

Post Wed, May 27 2020, 12:53 pm
Mommyg8 wrote:
I'm getting Gelbstein's and it seems healthy to me. We get a fruit or a vegetable at every pick up, cereal in a box, and milk and juice. Plus a lunch. Whole wheat rolls and tuna yesterday.

Hmm so maybe I didn't receive the full package each time! I guess possible because I didn't go very many times. Or maybe I was there at the wrong time?
But never a vegetable and only once cereal.

amother
Mint

Post Wed, May 27 2020, 12:56 pm
mlc wrote:
Hmm so maybe I didn't receive the full package each time! I guess possible because I didn't go very many times. Or maybe I was there at the wrong time?
But never a vegetable and only once cereal.

When I get from them it’s like baby carrots or a diff veg like pickles.

My kids schools give veg every day - baby carrots, cucumbers, pickles, cherry tomatoes.
But baby carrot carrots is the popular.
ANd fruit like apple or orange or both.
Page 25 of 67   Previous  1  2  3 24  25  26 65  66  67  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries