Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
Help me decide which oven to purchase.

amother
OP

Post Wed, May 27 2020, 10:43 am
I havent bought a new oven for 30 years and I see a lot changed.

This is what I need. It has to be self clean, Shabbos mode, large interior and I would like to be able to adjust the temperature for the oven on Yom Tov. . Also I know I am asking for a lot I would like it to be black and not over 800 dollars.

Am I asking for too much? My old oven was great for Yom Tov but I just cant find one that I could use with all that need.

What do all of you do who cook in the oven on Yom Tov.

I was told there is one cant remember the name that I could change the temperature on Yom Tov but the only problem is that it is 900 dollars and it only comes in white.

Also would a slide in be easier to find with all my specs?

Please help before my husband throws me out. I have been looking for a stove for a very long time .Sad

bargainlover

Post Wed, May 27 2020, 11:02 am
Call town appliance in Lakewood they are extremely knowledgeable and if something like this exists they’ll know

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Wed, May 27 2020, 11:10 am
My Samsung has those features, my old GE did too. My GE I got from Towne appliance.

amother
Brown

Post Wed, May 27 2020, 11:13 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I havent bought a new oven for 30 years and I see a lot changed.

This is what I need. It has to be self clean, Shabbos mode, large interior and I would like to be able to adjust the temperature for the oven on Yom Tov. . Also I know I am asking for a lot I would like it to be black and not over 800 dollars.

Am I asking for too much? My old oven was great for Yom Tov but I just cant find one that I could use with all that need.

What do all of you do who cook in the oven on Yom Tov.

I was told there is one cant remember the name that I could change the temperature on Yom Tov but the only problem is that it is 900 dollars and it only comes in white.

Also would a slide in be easier to find with all my specs?

Please help before my husband throws me out. I have been looking for a stove for a very long time .Sad

If you''re in the NYNorth Jersey area, call Yudin's Appliances. They have great prices, and are very familiar with Shabbat mode and other things. Bonus -- its frum owned.

According to their website, they have what you want.

amother
OP

Post Wed, May 27 2020, 11:39 am
I called Town Appliance several time and they gave me my options, but I wanted to get recommendations from people who actually are using them for Yom Tov.
Which ones they actually have.

amother
Oak

Post Wed, May 27 2020, 11:42 am
Consider an oven that has a convection option. It's a game changer.
Convection can't be used on Yom Tov.
It's a learning curve to adjust to what bakes better on regular and what is better with convection, but once I got the hang of it, I would never go back.

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Wed, May 27 2020, 4:49 pm
I don't change the temperature on Yom tov but my mother does and she likes her Samsung. It has a number pad so you don't have to remember what you last set it to since the digital display is blanked out. Using arrows instead is very hard.

OOTBubby

Post Wed, May 27 2020, 6:05 pm
Regarding the changing temperature on YT; please check with your LOR. While many ovens supposedly have this feature, the majority of poskim do not allow it to be used on YT. The Star-K does allow, but most others do not.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen