Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Is it true? New community in Indiana?

crust

Post Wed, May 27 2020, 4:26 pm
Is it true that a group of antivaxers and anti common core people are moving to Indiana because it has a better education policy and lowest cost of living?

Its supposed to be close to Chicago and it looks like houses are about 100k there.
I would move there just for that reason!

Perhaps a good investment idea?

Please don't turn this into a common core or vaccine thread.

I just want to know if who what when and where.

amother
Maroon

Post Wed, May 27 2020, 4:29 pm
Last summer they had been talking about Pennsylvania as it's close enough to other established heimishe communities, but in the end I'm not sure why it didn't pan out. I do know of several families who made aliyah because of their concerns regarding these issues.

amother
Cerulean

Post Wed, May 27 2020, 4:51 pm
Didn't hear anything about it, but just waiting for the inevitable post that if you want to be near the new community and get so many more benefits, or if you fall in love with Indiana but the new community doesn't materialize, feel free to move to South Bend, Indiana. Smile

crust

Post Wed, May 27 2020, 4:58 pm
amother [ Cerulean ] wrote:
Didn't hear anything about it, but just waiting for the inevitable post that if you want to be near the new community and get so many more benefits, or if you fall in love with Indiana but the new community doesn't materialize, feel free to move to South Bend, Indiana. Smile

Can you please explain this? It looks like South Bend is a pretty scary place to live in. Crime rate is very high.

amother
Wheat

Post Wed, May 27 2020, 5:01 pm
It’s called Pawnee and I heard they have great parks.

LOL

amother
Copper

Post Wed, May 27 2020, 5:22 pm
I thought ppl were looking into Phoenix.

tigerwife

Post Wed, May 27 2020, 5:26 pm
crust wrote:
Can you please explain this? It looks like South Bend is a pretty scary place to live in. Crime rate is very high.

There is an established frum community in South Bend.

southernbubby

Post Wed, May 27 2020, 5:26 pm
Maybe rabbonim in Chicago and South Bend know who the real estate agents are. I love the idea of Yidden living somewhere affordable. If the area is tolerant of the type of people who are moving there, hopefully they would be just as welcoming of heimishe people. I would suggest that the community fly under the radar and not demolish existing houses in order to build multi family housing. Don't build another Monsey or the frum community will be resented.

Mommyg8

Post Wed, May 27 2020, 5:28 pm
crust wrote:

The crime rate in new york city, Baltimore, Chicago and Detroit are all high as well.

There is a frum community in South Bend, Indiana. They seem to be happy there.

crust

Post Wed, May 27 2020, 6:20 pm
tigerwife wrote:
There is an established frum community in South Bend.

Oy, lol! Thanks Smile

Anyone knows anything about this?

crust

Post Wed, May 27 2020, 6:21 pm
southernbubby wrote:
Maybe rabbonim in Chicago and South Bend know who the real estate agents are. I love the idea of Yidden living somewhere affordable. If the area is tolerant of the type of people who are moving there, hopefully they would be just as welcoming of heimishe people. I would suggest that the community fly under the radar and not demolish existing houses in order to build multi family housing. Don't build another Monsey or the frum community will be resented.

I think its light years from multi family housing...

crust

Post Wed, May 27 2020, 6:22 pm
amother [ Copper ] wrote:
I thought ppl were looking into Phoenix.

What does Phoenix offer over any other state?
The weather?

gold21

Post Wed, May 27 2020, 8:17 pm
Arizona is one of a handful of states that allows medical, religious, and personal belief exemptions for vaccines.

Indiana allows medical and religious exemptions, not personal belief exemptions.

Supermom#1

Post Mon, Nov 02 2020, 12:32 pm
I'm curious whether or not people actually moves from Brooklyn to Indiana and how things are working out there. Anyone have any info?

amother
Turquoise

Post Mon, Nov 02 2020, 12:36 pm
amother [ Maroon ] wrote:
Last summer they had been talking about Pennsylvania as it's close enough to other established heimishe communities, but in the end I'm not sure why it didn't pan out. I do know of several families who made aliyah because of their concerns regarding these issues.

Great. Now they can bring their diseases to Israel instead of spreading them in the US.

ShishKabob

Post Mon, Nov 02 2020, 12:38 pm
amother [ Turquoise ] wrote:
Great. Now they can bring their diseases to Israel instead of spreading them in the US.
Sad

miami85

Post Wed, Dec 02 2020, 8:44 pm
crust wrote:

It's "high" but doesn't really affect the Jewish community much. I know many people who live there and are happy.

amother
Goldenrod

Post Wed, Dec 02 2020, 9:41 pm
crust wrote:
Is it true that a group of antivaxers and anti common core people are moving to Indiana because it has a better education policy and lowest cost of living?

Its supposed to be close to Chicago and it looks like houses are about 100k there.
I would move there just for that reason!

Perhaps a good investment idea?

Please don't turn this into a common core or vaccine thread.

I just want to know if who what when and where.

They’re my cousins. Hardly a group. Just a few families. Curious to see how it’ll pan out.

Lady A

Post Wed, Dec 02 2020, 10:04 pm
I live in Pennsylvania. If you are an anti-vaxer, please don’t move here. Our schools and shuls have very strict policies and no, you cannot get a‘religious’ or ‘philosophical’ exemption. I am in the Philadelphia area. Shooting Arrow
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics