Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Is this really out of style?

amother
OP

Post Wed, May 27 2020, 7:37 pm
To shop in maternity store? Someone told me that these days people go to regular stores and buy bigger sizes instead of maternity. Is this true? I just came out of a maternity shop, and I got myself a real highwaisted maternity looking top. Will I look out of style ? I dont wanna look outdated , im really not used to whats in style for maternity wear, as I dont get pregnant too often . Its very hard for me to know what to get .

thunderstorm

Post Wed, May 27 2020, 7:40 pm
If nobody shopped there they would be out of business. So ignore what your friend said and do what suits you best. You can wear maternity and regular and mix it up. Whatever you feel physically comfortable in and tznius in.

amother
Papaya

Post Wed, May 27 2020, 7:45 pm
OOc what’s a high waisted maternity top? Trying to picture it. (I’m BH expecting too)

thunderstorm

Post Wed, May 27 2020, 7:46 pm
amother [ Papaya ] wrote:
OOc what’s a high waisted maternity top? Trying to picture it. (I’m BH expecting too)

She probably means an empire waist

amother
Apricot

Post Wed, May 27 2020, 7:47 pm
No one I know does. But some things they have there look like what the regular stores sell but they charge more for it.

Radish

Post Wed, May 27 2020, 7:47 pm
I heard the same thing. And it was a mistake to believe it. Everyone is different and often just sizing up is way less slenderizing and flattering.
There are so many chic maternity looks, don't worry!

amother
Crimson

Post Wed, May 27 2020, 7:49 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
To shop in maternity store? Someone told me that these days people go to regular stores and buy bigger sizes instead of maternity. Is this true? I just came out of a maternity shop, and I got myself a real highwaisted maternity looking top. Will I look out of style ? I dont wanna look outdated , im really not used to whats in style for maternity wear, as I dont get pregnant too often . Its very hard for me to know what to get .

There's a real difference between maternity and regular fit. Maternity is cut for your regular width, but a bigger girth. Bigger sizes are bigger. Moreover, maternity adjust the hem for the big tummy; you'll be uneven with regular clothes.

silverlining3

Post Wed, May 27 2020, 7:59 pm
So not true! I LOVE maternity look. Got pregnant when my child was 3 years old. I actually went into a Jewish maternity shop and purchased 4 tops. Up a size in regular clothing I'd look like a box-square. It's a shape too, hu? 😜
I find those who don't show or start showing really late rather up a size.

Last edited by silverlining3 on Wed, May 27 2020, 8:01 pm; edited 1 time in total

silverlining3

Post Wed, May 27 2020, 8:00 pm
amother [ Crimson ] wrote:
There's a real difference between maternity and regular fit. Maternity is cut for your regular width, but a bigger girth. Bigger sizes are bigger. Moreover, maternity adjust the hem for the big tummy; you'll be uneven with regular clothes.

Yes this! You explained it better than I did just now lol

amother
OP

Post Wed, May 27 2020, 8:01 pm
I did actually try regular store now. No luck at all!

ttbtbm

Post Wed, May 27 2020, 8:03 pm
It depends how you carry. Some women get away with sizing up but on others it just looks awkward. If you can get away with sizing up you’ll save money because you can often get better deals on regular clothing. Most of the time maternity clothing is more flattering on pregnant women.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics