Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Shavuos
I ruined my cream cheese!!!

amother
OP

Post Wed, May 27 2020, 8:17 pm
I was planning to make a yummy cream cheese cheese cake. I shopped early and got enough cream cheese for my recipe. I put the cream cheese into the bowl and then cracked eggs straight into the bowl.
As I was doing it, I was thinking that this could be a bad idea. Well, egg #3 had a blood spot and part of it dropped into the bowl with the cream cheese!! Now I have no cream cheese and I just want to cry!
I'm the only one in my house who really enjoys cheese cake and this was going to be my self-care for shavuos. As far as I've heard, the stores don't have cream cheese and now I'll be cheese cake-less for shavuos.
I'm so sad Sad

livinginflatbus

Post Wed, May 27 2020, 8:22 pm
I’m so sorry ! I think by now a lot it stores restocked . I hope your able to get out and find some .

silverlining3

Post Wed, May 27 2020, 8:23 pm
Oh my. That's sad and no good.
Stores do have. You gotta be there the right moment, before it's gone.
Friend off mine told me Her grocery put away cream cheese for their good customers

amother
Bisque

Post Wed, May 27 2020, 8:24 pm
Ask a sheilah.
To my understanding, bidieved, depending on where you are and where the eggs are from, as there are no roosters in the hen-house, it is not possible for the eggs to be fertilized, there are opertinities to be meichil and to remove the "blood spot" and keep the rest. I am not a posek and I am not fully familiar with the Halacha or your eggs .... but AYLOR.

amother
Ruby

Post Wed, May 27 2020, 8:27 pm
any chance you live in monsey? I have a cheesecake for you.

mommyhood

Post Wed, May 27 2020, 8:27 pm
Yes ask a Rav ASAP. I was told I could just scoop out the part with the blood spot in a similar situation.

sub

Post Wed, May 27 2020, 8:28 pm
Oh my. Did you ask if you have to throw the whole thing away? Maybe you just need to throw out the egg with the cheese it is sitting on? Yup I just ask dh, You do not have to throw the whole thing away
Also where are you located? I was just in super 13 in boro park, they have cream cheese And earlier I was sent n Bingo and they had.

Last edited by sub on Wed, May 27 2020, 10:16 pm; edited 1 time in total

amother
Periwinkle

amother [ Bisque ] wrote:
Ask a sheilah.
To my understanding, bidieved, depending on where you are and where the eggs are from, as there are no roosters in the hen-house, it is not possible for the eggs to be fertilized, there are opertinities to be meichil and to remove the "blood spot" and keep the rest. I am not a posek and I am not fully familiar with the Halacha or your eggs .... but AYLOR.

Yes!!! This!
Don't throw it out yet! Ask first!
Maybe you can rinse it?

amother
Papaya

Can’t You just buy yourself a cheesecake at this point

Reality

Post Wed, May 27 2020, 8:29 pm
silverlining3 wrote:
Oh my. That's sad and no good.
Stores do have. You gotta be there the right moment, before it's gone.
Friend off mine told me Her grocery put away cream cheese for their good customers

Yes! My grocery store put aside for me. One of the perks in shopping in a store who knows you and appreciates your business!

amother
Ruby

Post Wed, May 27 2020, 8:29 pm
also by the way, you can make your own cream cheese. Its actually not hard at all.

amother
OP

Post Wed, May 27 2020, 8:39 pm
Thank you all for not laughing at me. I actually just couldn't bring myself to throw it out, so its sitting on the counter. I'll definitely call a rav to find out if I can use it.

To the poster who offered a cheesecake, thank you so much. I'm so touched. I'm in Lakewood.

I like home made cheesecake better than bought. I was looking forward to this.

rmbg

Post Wed, May 27 2020, 8:39 pm
mommyhood wrote:
Yes ask a Rav ASAP. I was told I could just scoop out the part with the blood spot in a similar situation.

Yes I’ve been told this on numerous occasions

amother
Vermilion

Post Wed, May 27 2020, 8:42 pm
If you've already tossed it, look up homemade cream cheese recipes. Make ur own

mamaleh

Post Wed, May 27 2020, 10:07 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Thank you all for not laughing at me. I actually just couldn't bring myself to throw it out, so its sitting on the counter. I'll definitely call a rav to find out if I can use it.

To the poster who offered a cheesecake, thank you so much. I'm so touched. I'm in Lakewood.

I like home made cheesecake better than bought. I was looking forward to this.

Evergreen in Lakewood had tons of cream cheese when I was there at around 3pm today. And they were limiting to 3 per customer so they prob still have.

sub

Post Wed, May 27 2020, 10:19 pm
Update please. Did you get to bake your cheesecake ?

Hillery

Post Wed, May 27 2020, 10:43 pm
With fertilised eggs you need to toss the whole egg (I don't know what happens if the egg is in a larger mixture, as in this case). But with unfertilised eggs, which all battery eggs are, you can simply pinch out the blood spot. Especially in cases like this.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics