Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections
Crafts

rockstar

Post Mon, Feb 17 2020, 7:07 pm
Hey there, so I love doing intricate crafts and painting things. Thing is I have a ton of canvases that I’ve made and have nothing to do with. So I stopped making more. Now I’m looking for some more interesting ideas for crafts or activities that cld keep me busy. It can be something that takes an hr or something that takes a wk or 2 to finish. Any suggestions?

Elfrida

Post Mon, Feb 17 2020, 7:14 pm
Lace making. Either bobbin or needle lace. Can be incredibly intricate, and the final product can be folded up very small or used decoratively. Simpler projects are possible to finish in a week or two. Needle lace doesn't need too much equipment.

rockstar

Post Mon, Feb 17 2020, 7:38 pm
Elfrida wrote:
Lace making. Either bobbin or needle lace. Can be incredibly intricate, and the final product can be folded up very small or used decoratively. Simpler projects are possible to finish in a week or two. Needle lace doesn't need too much equipment.

I’ve never heard of that. Just googled it and it looks so cool. One question though is it similar to needlepoint? I’m in middle of doing a huge one of that but gets boring after doing it for a while.

Elfrida

Post Mon, Feb 17 2020, 7:55 pm
You are working with threads, but it's not really like needle point. Especially bobbin lace is very different, but you need to invest in quite a bit of equipment for that. Stick to smaller projects and you won't get bored. You need to start small anyway.

Have you tried quilling?
Or macrame?
Tatting?
Stumpwork?

rockstar

Post Mon, Feb 17 2020, 8:00 pm
Elfrida wrote:
You are working with threads, but it's not really like needle point. Especially bobbin lace is very different, but you need to invest in quite a bit of equipment for that. Stick to smaller projects and you won't get bored. You need to start small anyway.

Have you tried quilling?
Or macrame?
Tatting?
Stumpwork?

I’ve actually never heard of any of these. Theyre all so cool. I was looking for more of a painting idea or something artsy.

Elfrida

Post Mon, Feb 17 2020, 8:10 pm
Sorry. I don't do painting. I go in more for textile crafts.

I'll step back and let someone else suggest painting and artsy ideas.

#1baker

Post Mon, Feb 17 2020, 8:13 pm
Google pixel hobby crafts they take alot of work but there really nice

rockstar

Post Mon, Feb 17 2020, 8:20 pm
#1baker wrote:
Google pixel hobby crafts they take alot of work but there really nice

Thanks for your suggestion. I’ve done like 3 of those already! ( can you tell I’ve got too much free time on my hands) 😁

morah.coffee

Post Mon, Feb 17 2020, 8:33 pm
https://www.adultsandcrafts.co...../kits

Some cool craft kits which come with all the supplies you need and decently priced

rockstar

Post Mon, Feb 17 2020, 9:44 pm
morah.coffee wrote:
https://www.adultsandcrafts.com/collections/kits

Some cool craft kits which come with all the supplies you need and decently priced

Hey thanks. This site is so cool.
Still welcoming more ideas though

thunderstorm

Post Mon, Feb 17 2020, 10:02 pm
I just started doing 5D Diamond Art and enjoy it.

esuss

Post Mon, Feb 17 2020, 10:20 pm
Paint a mural / signs for your
Succa.

rockstar

Post Mon, Feb 17 2020, 10:32 pm
esuss wrote:
Paint a mural / signs for your
Succa.

So thing is I’m not good at drawing. I love doing like modern art and I love like having template. Like paint by numbers more my speed. Lol

Cheshire cat

Post Mon, Feb 17 2020, 10:44 pm
Not very artsy, maybe mind numbing at times, but I enjoy crafting beautiful sukkah stars from a pattern. There are such elaborate, interesting patterns available online for purchase (not cheap, with the paper and all, though).
By now, my sukkah really dazzles!

shanie5

Post Tue, Feb 18 2020, 6:22 am
You said needlepoint gets boring. Have you tried different stitches and other types of thread? There are so many different stitches and novelty threads out there to make needlepoint more interesting

amother
Royalblue

Post Tue, Feb 18 2020, 9:16 am
It sounds like you would do well with painting wood items. Go to a craft store to their raw wood section they have all kinds of of wood pieces which can be painted and then you can either use ( think wood trays or jewelry boxes ) or you can gift to others !
Better yet invest in a set of letter stencils where you can paint a person's name on the wood item after you've painted it with your design and you can gift personalized name gifts !
There are tons of wooden plaques . Paint pretty (pastel baby colors ) design backgrounds and stencil a new babys name on top and you have a cute baby gift.

tillyost

Post Thu, May 28 2020, 12:09 am
[color=red][Free ad deleted. Tilly, you can contact Yael for advertising rates and info. — Rubber Ducky as Mod][/color
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics