Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
If you live in NY (re Covid)

If you live in NY did you....
potentially have COVID19 (had symptoms but did not test and have no antibodies)  
 15%  [ 14 ]
had COVID19 (confirmed by a test, immediate contact with someone plus symptoms)  
 20%  [ 19 ]
did not have COVID19  
 54%  [ 51 ]
something else  
 9%  [ 9 ]
Total Votes : 93

amother
OP

Post Wed, May 27 2020, 1:10 pm
If you live in NY did you....

thunderstorm

Post Wed, May 27 2020, 1:11 pm
Had symptoms but never got tested and never got tested for antibodies.

amother
Khaki

Post Wed, May 27 2020, 1:15 pm
Probably not.
We’ve been quarantined since the week of Purim (and no, did not go to Purim parties, either, as a precaution)

amother
Taupe

Post Wed, May 27 2020, 1:17 pm
amother [ Khaki ] wrote:
Probably not.
We’ve been quarantined since the week of Purim (and no, did not go to Purim parties, either, as a precaution)

no one in your family has left the house at all for 10 weeks?? How is that even possible??

-Sunnygirl

Post Wed, May 27 2020, 1:31 pm
my dh had all symptoms, I had no symptoms. neither of us tested for the virus but we both tested for antibodies and came out negative!
hows that possible if we are almost 100% sure that he had it... ?

amother
Ecru

Post Wed, May 27 2020, 1:40 pm
Had symptoms, did not test.

Dh and ds had contact with people who had confirmed covid. So I'm not sure which answer best suits me.

Hatzalah put out surveys and estimated 70% of our neighborhood had covid19.

amother
Ecru

Post Wed, May 27 2020, 1:42 pm
Something like fever, headache can be any virus.

But the complete lack of smell without being congested is a very distinct symptom in my opinion. Ive never experienced anything like that.

tweety1

Post Wed, May 27 2020, 3:10 pm
Had strong symptoms but didn't test either one.

amother
Goldenrod

Post Wed, May 27 2020, 4:38 pm
I mostly stayed home, except went to be menachem avel my grandmother who was just getting over it. I also went to visit my parents while my mother was coughing away recovering from covid19. And of course I went grocery shopping but with mask and gloves.

OTOH, my DH went to work (without a mask), went to shul on Shabbos (without a mask), learned with his brother every night before, during, and after his brother lost his sense of smell. DH had one day a week after Purim where he felt strep-y.

We didn't test, I see no point in doing so. My guess is we both had it with either mild symptoms or no symptoms.

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Wed, May 27 2020, 5:09 pm
Had symptoms (fever for 1.5 weeks with oxygen level going down the last 2 days before I started the meds with instant results)but didn’t test not sure which to vote

mfb

Post Wed, May 27 2020, 5:11 pm
I think you need to be more specific. I think in Boro park, Williamsburg, crown heights most people had it but if someone lives in upstate ny then they are less likely to have had it.

Mama Bear

Post Wed, May 27 2020, 5:15 pm
I had symptoms but did not test for covid as they had few tests available and were advising not to get tested unless one was very sick. I did test for antibodies and they came back positive.

amother
OP

Post Wed, May 27 2020, 5:17 pm
I live in KJ. Three weeks before Purim I was in Asia. A week before Purim and the week following had a dry cough, chest tightness, chest pressure, chest pain (but all mild BH) that lasted two weeks, with low grade fever for a few days and headaches. I tested negative for antibodies. I was completely SD from DH after returning from Asia and we have literally all been home except for myself going to work where there is just me in a small office. We wipe down all groceries and DH davens in an outdoor minyan that maintains 12 feet SD with masks. My kids have not been in school or cheder since Purim. Just wondering how common this is?

amother
Jetblack

Post Wed, May 27 2020, 5:27 pm
I live in monsey. We've been home since purim. For the first time in my life ive been getting groceries delivered. We've been out by car for drives and to say hi to people from a far distance but thats it

amother
Denim

Post Wed, May 27 2020, 5:30 pm
I live on Long Island. No one in my house has had symptoms and DH was likely exposed at work before Purim but he did the antibody test recently and was negative. Shuls and schools have been closed and we have been socially distancing and only going out for essentials.

My friends and relatives in other parts of LI, Queens, Far Rockaway, Washington Heights, Teaneck, and Israel have also not had any symptoms.

amother
Slateblue

Post Wed, May 27 2020, 6:00 pm
I live in Williamsburg. I had a long-lasting cold early in the winter with a cough that lasted for weeks, but none of the other classic Covid symptoms. It may have been the flu or some random bug. We self-isolated since shortly after Purim, had no symptoms since, and my recent antibody test came back negative.

Did I have it back in February or not? Did I develop antibodies or not? If yes, did I simply lose the antibodies since then? Tests are not very reliable yet, so it's impossible to know for sure what's going on.

In any case, we are still keeping social distancing, to the amusement/horror of all we know, because there is a strong chance we've managed to avoid Covid, and I have zero interest in getting sick now.

amother
Copper

Post Wed, May 27 2020, 7:58 pm
thunderstorm wrote:
Had symptoms but never got tested and never got tested for antibodies.

Same here.

amother
Orchid

Post Thu, May 28 2020, 12:31 am
amother [ Ecru ] wrote:
Had symptoms, did not test.

Dh and ds had contact with people who had confirmed covid. So I'm not sure which answer best suits me.

Hatzalah put out surveys and estimated 70% of our neighborhood had covid19.

Which neighborhood was this referring to?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics