Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
What covid 19 has taught us
Previous  1  2

Mama Bear

Post Thu, May 28 2020, 9:59 am
Life is short, fragile, and precious.
Nothing in life is certain.
We are resilient and will get through this.
...and that it's terrible how difficult we find being stuck at home with kids & spouse for a prolonged time..... we gotta work on our relationships and parenting....

Amalia

Post Thu, May 28 2020, 10:07 am
Mama Bear wrote:
Life is short, fragile, and precious.
Nothing in life is certain.
We are resilient and will get through this.
...and that it's terrible how difficult we find being stuck at home with kids & spouse for a prolonged time..... we gotta work on our relationships and parenting....

Yes!

flowerpower

Post Thu, May 28 2020, 10:46 am
That there is such a thing as people having an overload of milk in their fridge! Red milk, blue milk, and chocolate milk!

amother
Mint

Post Thu, May 28 2020, 11:01 am
Mama Bear wrote:
we gotta work on our relationships and parenting....

But after 20+ years of working on relationships and parenting, sometimes we learn that we need space and "down time" for even the healthiest of mothers to function well.

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Thu, May 28 2020, 11:10 am
amother [ Mauve ] wrote:
My life has often seemed like ome big case of if something unexpected can turn ething upside down, it will. I have learned to roll w the punches. This experience has in some ways been the first time in a long time that I feel like I am going through the same thing as the rest of the world.
This sounds very morbid, but I don't mean it that way. I just feel a little bit less different in this one scenario.

Same exact here. When everyone was panicking and getting anxiety because of quarantine, I was like.. "what? bH nobody knows what true suffering ALONE is".. Here everyone is in it together and that is what COVID taught me. When there is achdus, SO much of the pain and hardships is easier.

FranticFrummie

Post Thu, May 28 2020, 11:47 am
amother [ Dodgerblue ] wrote:
Same exact here. When everyone was panicking and getting anxiety because of quarantine, I was like.. "what? bH nobody knows what true suffering ALONE is".. Here everyone is in it together and that is what COVID taught me. When there is achdus, SO much of the pain and hardships is easier.

Yes and no. When you spend Pesach alone, you really get to know what "alone" means. At the same time, Chabad brings you a seder plate and amazing meals, and you realize that you have family everywhere. (Now I'm spending Shavuos alone as well, and I was so hoping to be able to go to shul and go out to friends.)

I realized that "touch starvation" is a real thing, and how severely it can impact my mental health. I will never take a hug for granted again.

I learned that while I am always working on my emunah, I was getting somewhat complacent. This situation really pushed me to work harder, and B'H I've seen so many miracles straight from Hashem, in the most unexpected ways.

amother
Forestgreen

Post Thu, May 28 2020, 12:30 pm
I sometimes feel like I'm the only one who isn't going crazy from all this. Not very much changed for me. Alone all the time anyway, no kids ...so now I work from home instead of in person- big deal. I have learned over the past 15 years of my life how Hashem is in control and I have zero control over my life. I didn't need corona to teach that to me.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics