Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
Is your baby going to be undressed on Yom Tov?
1  2  3  4  Next

amother
OP

Post Thu, May 28 2020, 12:30 pm
Please delete
My question was answered and my thread got derailed lol

Last edited by amother on Sun, May 31 2020, 4:03 am; edited 2 times in total

amother
Hotpink

Post Thu, May 28 2020, 12:34 pm
Hashem_n_Farfel wrote:
Too bad my son is gonna be wearing clothes from carters for yom tov... in fact he’s gonna be very underdressed...like not dressed fancy enough.
Anybody else?
Sorry but the baby boy outfits are expensiiiiive!!
#atleasthehasclothes

My 6 month old will be wearing an undershirt (onsie) from carters. Consider yourself fancy for having clothes!

amother
Pumpkin

Post Thu, May 28 2020, 12:37 pm
Undressed? Do you mean underdressed?

My baby lives in Carter’s, Gap, Children’s Place. I don’t shop In frum stores: I don’t like the styles and can’t paythr prices. I never considered my underdressed. As long as your baby is clothed that’s all that matters.

PeanutMama

Post Thu, May 28 2020, 12:38 pm
amother [ Hotpink ] wrote:
My 6 month old will be wearing an undershirt (onsie) from carters. Consider yourself fancy for having clothes!

Yep! We have those too!! Onesies that snap at the bottom with regular cotton pants.

Blessing1

Post Thu, May 28 2020, 12:38 pm
Carters is clothing....
There's plenty nice baby clothes that don't break the bank. I don't shop at Jewish stores besides for tottini.

PeanutMama

Post Thu, May 28 2020, 12:39 pm
amother [ Pumpkin ] wrote:
Undressed? Do you mean underdressed?

My baby lives in Carter’s, Gap, Children’s Place. I don’t shop In frum stores: I don’t like the styles and can’t paythr prices. I never considered my underdressed. As long as your baby is clothed that’s all that matters.

Lol yes!! Autocorrect 😂
Me neither!! I don’t really like the washed out colors and I haaaaate gray and ruffles etc...

And you’re so right. As long as the baby is clothed and happy that’s all that matters

PeanutMama

Post Thu, May 28 2020, 12:41 pm
Blessing1 wrote:
Carters is clothing....
There's plenty nice baby clothes that don't break the bank. I don't shop at Jewish stores besides for tottini.

Lol I know that!!!😂😂😂🙈 Just everybody else has the expensive very very fancy clothes on their little children and babies and we’re gonna stick out! And we already stick out as it is.

Stars

Post Thu, May 28 2020, 12:41 pm
Hellooo I love carter's. Most of my kids stuff is from gap, old Navy and h&m.
Sometimes I shop at Jewish stores on sale, Zara has some classy stuff every season for baby boys, tottini like someone mentioned is super well priced, but a baby can wear any thing and look adorable anyway!

PeanutMama

Post Thu, May 28 2020, 12:42 pm
Hehe thank you!!

sub

Post Thu, May 28 2020, 12:45 pm
Carter’s has some nicer 2 piece sweater sets.
Babies grow so fast is a shame to spend on expensive outfits.

hodeez

Post Thu, May 28 2020, 12:46 pm
Oh my goodness these are babies, not dolls!! If your kid is dressed in clean clothes you're doing the right thing!

ETA: sorry if that was harsh I just hate this standard of dressing babies in intricate expensive outfits just to show off. Feel confident in your decision to be smart and economic!

Last edited by hodeez on Thu, May 28 2020, 12:49 pm; edited 1 time in total

PeanutMama

Post Thu, May 28 2020, 12:48 pm
hodeez wrote:
Oh my goodness these are babies, not dolls!! If your kid is dressed in clean clothes you're doing the right thing!

You got that right!! Babies are not dolls!

Blessing1

Post Thu, May 28 2020, 12:49 pm
Hashem_n_Farfel wrote:
Lol I know that!!!😂😂😂🙈 Just everybody else has the expensive very very fancy clothes on their little children and babies and we’re gonna stick out! And we already stick out as it is.

On shabbos and yom tov I dress my baby shabbosdig but that doesn't have to be expensive either. You can find nice shabbos looking clothing in non Jewish stores as well.
I got some cute ribbed short sets on Amazon for $12. Tottini ribbed set for $18.
My mother in law got my baby a stunning expensive shabbos outfit which I'm scared to put him on the floor in lest it get ruined.....

giselle

Post Thu, May 28 2020, 12:51 pm
If it bothers you, someone started a thread about inexpensive clothes that look expensive. There were some really nice things posted.

amother
Cobalt

Post Thu, May 28 2020, 12:54 pm
Carters has delicious baby clothes.

Frumme

Post Thu, May 28 2020, 12:57 pm
My toddler is wearing some really adorable dresses. Bought on consignment or were free from friends! 😄

PeanutMama

Post Thu, May 28 2020, 12:57 pm
Hehe we always get the onesies. The one with the little flaps or slits (?) at the shoulders with the snaps on the bottom.
Haha ah well.
And that’s what he’s going to be wearing Yom tov. My baby grew out his last nice outfit that was gifted to us when he was born.

Blessing1

Post Thu, May 28 2020, 1:02 pm
Hashem_n_Farfel wrote:
Hehe we always get the onesies. The one with the little flaps or slits (?) at the shoulders with the snaps on the bottom.
Haha ah well.
And that’s what he’s going to be wearing Yom tov. My baby grew out his last nice outfit that was gifted to us when he was born.

Onesies are undershirts or for real hot summer days. They're fine for baby to wear, just make sure that he's not cold.

amother
Yellow

Post Thu, May 28 2020, 1:07 pm
Hm has cute stuff at carters prices just so you know. That’s where our baby yt stuff is from.

Page 1 of 4 1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics