Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
They're finally saying what some of us have said all along
1  2  Next

pause

Post Sat, May 30 2020, 10:03 pm
Covid19 was spreading community-wide UNDETECTED in the US (NY) possibly for a month!

L K

Post Sat, May 30 2020, 10:06 pm
Which month?

pause

Post Sat, May 30 2020, 10:10 pm
L K wrote:
Which month?

They're saying starting end of January, beginning of February. I wouldn't be surprised if it was even earlier.

Mommyg8

Post Sat, May 30 2020, 10:12 pm
pause wrote:
They're saying starting end of January, beginning of February. I wouldn't be surprised if it was even earlier.

Dr. Deborah Brix has already said this two months ago. She said it in the daily briefing some time ago.

pause

Post Sat, May 30 2020, 10:14 pm
Mommyg8 wrote:
Dr. Deborah Brix has already said this two months ago. She said it in the daily briefing some time ago.

I guess I missed it since it wasn't in any of the headlines.

Mommyg8

Post Sat, May 30 2020, 10:15 pm
pause wrote:
I guess I missed it since it wasn't in any of the headlines.

I don't usually watch the briefings but this was one day I just did. I think this was at least a month ago,probably two. She was talking about New York - is that what the video is saying?

amother
Violet

Post Sat, May 30 2020, 10:19 pm
How is this new? They've been saying this all along - January. If we would have shut down 3 weeks earlier there are plenty of models showing how many lives would have been saved (almost all)

WhatFor

Post Sat, May 30 2020, 10:21 pm
Yeah I'd seen this for a while. Separately, I remember when everyone was originally talking about the guy in Westchester having it as though he had caught it in a bubble from a mysterious location, but he was being considered like patient zero in NY. Like hello, that guy took a train daily, worked in the city, probably passed thousands of people each week, you have no idea where he caught it and yet you're somehow all convinced he's the "first" and didn't catch it from someone else... yeah okay....

pause

Post Sat, May 30 2020, 10:36 pm
WhatFor wrote:
Yeah I'd seen this for a while. Separately, I remember when everyone was originally talking about the guy in Westchester having it as though he had caught it in a bubble from a mysterious location, but he was being considered like patient zero in NY. Like hello, that guy took a train daily, worked in the city, probably passed thousands of people each week, you have no idea where he caught it and yet you're somehow all convinced he's the "first" and didn't catch it from someone else... yeah okay....

He was the first to be hospitalized and tested.

amother
Lilac

Post Sat, May 30 2020, 10:39 pm
Gee ive been saying that for months now.
I def had it and so did my entire family by mid/end February. Every single symptom other than foot sores (I wonder if that was real symptoms), pneumonia requiring hospitalization and continuous fevers.

ra_mom

Post Sat, May 30 2020, 10:41 pm
Someone I know was sick in January. She kept going back to the doctor because she could not kick whatever was ailing her.
Now she has antibodies and in hindsight realizes it was Covid-19 back in January.

amother
Gold

Post Sat, May 30 2020, 10:44 pm
Someone in my office was sick like that for a month, missed 3 weeks work from end of December to January. Coughed so hard she cracked a rib. Dr said it was a bad virus, not the flu.

amother
Vermilion

Post Sat, May 30 2020, 11:05 pm
I had a horrible cough mid to end of January lasted ten days. Beginning of February was diagnosed with pulmonary emboli. Now that we know covid causes clots I wonder if I had it then

amother
Lavender

Post Sat, May 30 2020, 11:09 pm
My husband's friend actually went to Wuhan, China in January and came back with an illness that felt like flu but did not test positive for flu....

Believe it or not.

amother
Honeydew

Post Sat, May 30 2020, 11:10 pm
I had read this and suspected my never-ending cough back in February-early March may have been covid but I tested negative for antibodies.

So either I had it and antibodies already faded or there were other wintery viruses going around in NYC this winter.

amother
Plum

Post Sat, May 30 2020, 11:27 pm
I had a terrible sore throat and wasn’t feeling well for the 2 weeks prior to purim but no antibodies!

HonesttoGod

Post Sat, May 30 2020, 11:56 pm
One of my kids tested positive for flu in January but it was a flu that I’ve never ever seen before.
I’m still 99% sure it was covid19.

Last edited by HonesttoGod on Sun, May 31 2020, 12:00 am; edited 1 time in total

amother
Burlywood

Post Sat, May 30 2020, 11:59 pm
My husband works for the MTA and says people were calling out sick way in early January.

amother
Powderblue

Post Sun, May 31 2020, 12:22 am
That is what scares me now that we are so lax now saying we don’t see new cases.
It took so long for it to build the first time. It isn’t a fast virus.

amother
Olive

Post Sun, May 31 2020, 12:38 am
amother [ Powderblue ] wrote:
That is what scares me now that we are so lax now saying we don’t see new cases.
It took so long for it to build the first time. It isn’t a fast virus.

While I am concerned about the laxness, I do think that we will detect new cases much sooner if they crop up because anyone can test for it. Back in March when I had a lousy cough the doctor refused to test me because I didn't have a fever and contact with any known cases.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics