Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
What does justice mean?

amother
OP

Post Sun, May 31 2020, 12:20 am
Can someone explain it to me because I dont seem to understand.
In all the riots and protests the people are chanting, what do we want? Justice...if we dont get it? shut it down.

what does that mean? what IS justice? What exactly are they hoping for? To see the cop hung in a public gallows? sentenced for life? Or something else ? Im just curious what justice means for them.
and if so, and they get their "justice" whatever that means... does that mean they will stop with all the riots?

also what does police reform mean? everyone is saying we need to overhaul the police system? what does that mean? a land with no police ? a land where everyone gets to do whatever they want? or does it mean more body cams on police officers? Does it mean police are never allowed to kill anyone ever even if it means risking their own lives?
Im not asking this to be contrary. I truly would like to know what does justice and police reform mean in the eyes of the protestors.

do they know what they want? what their end goal is? or do they just enjoy yelling and burning buildings?

WhatFor

Post Sun, May 31 2020, 12:29 am
I would think it means a law enforcement system in which racism isn't pervasive and minority communities aren't targeted. A system in which the police/DA would immediately investigate and charge, if necessary, their fellow officers for a shooting, even if there is no footage available to the public. A system in which the people don't have to constantly feel like they need to police the police for the community's safety.

amother
OP

Post Sun, May 31 2020, 1:14 am
Dont they do that already? Investigate all shootings?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics