Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Does everyone have their cleaning lady back?
Previous  1  2  3  4  Next

amother
OP

Post Thu, May 28 2020, 11:03 am
I don’t have mine back yet either. I think I’m finally getting the hang of cleaning my house anyway.

Zehava

Post Thu, May 28 2020, 11:17 am
amother [ Dodgerblue ] wrote:
No.
But notice how everyone who replied "yes" also replied with an excuse.....

Yeah so many cowards here. You’re anonymous for crying out loud. I took mine back because I wanted a clean house.

amother
Seagreen

Post Thu, May 28 2020, 11:25 am
No but I keep thinking I should. I have fatigue issues.

amother
Turquoise

Post Thu, May 28 2020, 11:26 am
Yes, she's washing my stovetop as I type.

amother
Forestgreen

Post Thu, May 28 2020, 1:27 pm
No, because I can’t afford her. She’s willing to come.

amother
Pink

Post Thu, May 28 2020, 1:48 pm
yes! The week after pesach already. Life is bliss Very Happy

Ema of 5

Post Thu, May 28 2020, 1:59 pm
amother [ Dodgerblue ] wrote:
No.
But notice how everyone who replied "yes" also replied with an excuse.....

It’s so easy for you to be judgmental, hiding over there behind amother. Just because someone has a valid reason that does not make it an excuse. No one has to justify their choices to you or anyone else.

mommyla

Post Thu, May 28 2020, 2:04 pm
sky wrote:
Maybe next week.
I’m going to ask my dr what he thinks.
In my neighborhood almost nobody took back.

Mine too, maybe it's the same neighborhood (but I don't think it is) Hi

I'm not having mine yet. She's not working yet, because she has her own little kids at home, but I'm uncomfortable having her back right now anyway. The Hispanic community was hit later than ours in Lakewood, and I don't know how careful she and her family are being.

But I really miss her TMI

amother
Azure

Post Thu, May 28 2020, 7:33 pm
I used to have someone come every day for a few hours. She has been working for me for 16 years! I share her with one other family. She hasn't been in my house or the other family since right after Purim by mutual choice. We are scared to have her and she is scared to come. I do miss her a lot and hope she come back soon!!

FranticFrummie

Post Sat, May 30 2020, 3:12 pm
Ema of 4 wrote:
It’s so easy for you to be judgmental, hiding over there behind amother. Just because someone has a valid reason that does not make it an excuse. No one has to justify their choices to you or anyone else.

Oh my gosh, THANK YOU!

Everyone has to judge for themselves where their breaking point is. Everyone has to judge their own risk factors.

I bentch that everyone should be safe, happy, and healthy to 120, no matter what choice you make.

I've gone back to work as a nanny, and I'm also doing light housework to make up for the lack of cleaning lady. The DH of the house is doing all of the heavy cleaning, and the DW cannot do any work because of a severe back injury that may require surgery at some point. I'm only working for the one family, and still limiting my shopping trips.

cookiewriter

Post Sat, May 30 2020, 10:26 pm
YES. Shortly after pesach. We all had corona and so did she. SO HAPPY WE ALL HAD CORONA!!!!!!!

applesbananas

Post Sat, May 30 2020, 10:34 pm
Yes
Yes
Yes
Yes
YAASSSSSSSSSSS

amother
Lawngreen

Post Sat, May 30 2020, 10:34 pm
No, but I've been paying mine anyways BH. I'vemade financial cuts elsewhere and daven to be able to continue to pay her. I want to use this situation to teach my children through these types of opportunities. But I know many people with theirs back and I respect that too and teach my kids to do the same.

amother
Chocolate

Post Sat, May 30 2020, 10:41 pm
I never gave mine up. She didn’t come for a week when she wasn’t feeling well but she tested negative and came right back. I literally would not have survived. 4 kids under 3 and currently pregnant with severe HG no way could I have survived. I also didn’t give up my live in Nanny. To each their own.

FranticFrummie

Post Sat, May 30 2020, 11:20 pm
amother [ Chocolate ] wrote:
I never gave mine up. She didn’t come for a week when she wasn’t feeling well but she tested negative and came right back. I literally would not have survived. 4 kids under 3 and currently pregnant with severe HG no way could I have survived. I also didn’t give up my live in Nanny. To each their own.

Wow, 4 kids under 3, and pg again? Surprised

B'sha'a tova, and B'H for your live in nanny!

amother
Plum

Post Sat, May 30 2020, 11:45 pm
No! I am seriously going crazy already without the help! I don't get to sleep before 1:30-2 every night trying to keep everything in check. I thought I would take her this week but I asked my Dr and he told me that there's still a risk and since me and my husband didn't have it and my dh tested negative for antibodies I am still nervous to have her. I'm hoping in another week or so things will change and I'll be able to start having steady help again! It's my life saver! For all of us still holding out I hope our schar is great for listening to daas Torah and medical advice cuz it's really not easy!!

amother
Ginger

Post Sun, May 31 2020, 12:49 am
Thanks for the bracha! I'm also going crazy, but I"m also not ready to have her back even though I see many neighbors do. We don't think we had it... and she travels on the bus to get to me.
It's rough, but I"m still holding out.

soap suds

Post Sun, May 31 2020, 1:23 am
My cleaning lady has been coming througout.

Before you throw tomatoes, my "cleaning lady" is yours truly. This year, for once, I was so glad to never have gotten into the habit of having one. It was one less hardship for me to deal with. At least I wasn't suddenly left without expected cleaning help a couple of weeks before Pesach.

mom4eva

Post Sun, May 31 2020, 2:20 am
Mine is finally coming back this week. Bounce

amother
Tangerine

Post Sun, May 31 2020, 6:33 am
Bit the bullet and spent a fortune on a Dyson Animal cordless vacuum. Thought I was buying it just for Pesach and the couch, but you know what? It's SO much easier cleaning up with that than a dustpan and broom - it's fun so everyone does it...and until the cleaning lady can come back (DH is high risk so we're not doing it) my mental health stays intact. WIN.
Page 3 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics