Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room
Crash course in Jewish History by Rabbi Ken Spiro

yo'ma

Post Sun, May 31 2020, 7:53 am
My dd brought home the book and I almost finished it. I never thought I’d enjoy reading a non fiction. I have heard him speak and enjoyed his speaking, so I figured what’s the harm. Now I want to read his other book. Anyone else read it?

amother
Linen

Post Sun, May 31 2020, 11:09 am
Yes, a few times. Highly recommend. He brings all the bits and pieces I knew vaguely into a coherent whole, so I have a clear picture of the sequence of events. Very easy read, I first read it over the course of one Shabbos.
He has two or three other books, I've read them too. Also a lot of his lectures are on youtube or Torah Anytime. I liked those, too.

Success10

Post Sun, May 31 2020, 11:12 am
Loved it! As Linen said, I knew lots of pieces, but he made a clear picture of the miraculous history of our people. Highly recommended.

amother
Linen

Post Sun, May 31 2020, 11:14 am
Good point, reading it made me proud to be a part of the Jewish people. It also made me think about the role we play in Human history and how important that is!

mommy2379

Post Sun, May 31 2020, 3:31 pm
Yeesss. One of my favorites! He also has online free classes on the topic, he's fabulous.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room