Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries
Obgyn recommendation needed asap please!
1  2  3  4  Next

amother
OP

Post Sun, May 31 2020, 12:36 pm
I've been using a Manhattan doctor for my prior pregnancies as well as this current one. I am 7 months pregnant bH and for various reasons and after discussion with daas Torah, I now need to switch to a doctor closer to home. My fears are of doctors who are quick to do csection (my first was a csection but I have successfully vbaced a few times since). I also want a natural doctor who works with you body and will turn a posterior baby in labor or work with breech if necessary. A doctor that works with you body so you dont end up needing stitches or episiotomy (which I've bH avoided up until now) but a fr that knows how to deal with higher risk like hemmroging (which I've had) without rushing for surgery and preeclampsia (which I have a history of). I know it's a tall order - the dr also has to be willing to take me on now in my 7th month. I would love a dr who would accept Medicaid or liberty healthshare. Also which hospitals are calm and nice with nice attentive informed nurses not discriminating or rude....
Thanks for your help all input is appreciated!

amother
Lime

Post Sun, May 31 2020, 12:43 pm
I was using the rathouser/bochner/segal practice with some of your issues listed. They came highly recommended. After some
Annoyances within the practice and with RWJ hospital I decided to reroute my brain and try and practice with both drs and midwives and delivery in a smaller hospital. I gave birth a few months ago in toms river community hospital using OGOA. I had the most amazing and patient midwife and excellent nurses thruout. I highly reccomend them.
I think the do accept jersey care.

amother
OP

Post Sun, May 31 2020, 12:53 pm
Thanks, did you feel confident though that they and the hospital could properly handle and emergency situation if necessary?

amother
Sapphire

Post Sun, May 31 2020, 12:55 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I've been using a Manhattan doctor for my prior pregnancies as well as this current one. I am 7 months pregnant bH and for various reasons and after discussion with daas Torah, I now need to switch to a doctor closer to home. My fears are of doctors who are quick to do csection (my first was a csection but I have successfully vbaced a few times since). I also want a natural doctor who works with you body and will turn a posterior baby in labor or work with breech if necessary. A doctor that works with you body so you dont end up needing stitches or episiotomy (which I've bH avoided up until now) but a fr that knows how to deal with higher risk like hemmroging (which I've had) without rushing for surgery and preeclampsia (which I have a history of). I know it's a tall order - the dr also has to be willing to take me on now in my 7th month. I would love a dr who would accept Medicaid or liberty healthshare. Also which hospitals are calm and nice with nice attentive informed nurses not discriminating or rude....
Thanks for your help all input is appreciated!

Dr. Giovine. He's been mentioned on a few threads, so you can search to see opinions.
He's well-known in Lakewood for his very low c-section rate. He'll try anything else first...
He's also a non-alarmist. Very calm, relaxed and confident. He knows his stuff. Many other doctors around here, including those in their own private practices have worked by him first.
He delivers in Monmouth Medical Center, which has a wonderful Labor & delivery ward- nurses are incredible and supportive there.
He also takes Medicaid.

amother
OP

Post Sun, May 31 2020, 1:01 pm
I've heard that lately he told women (I heard 2 cases) that they need a d and c while they're babies were fine. Is this an exception of mal practice or are there other similar situations with him? Is he just overworked?

amother
OP

Post Sun, May 31 2020, 1:02 pm
I've heard nice things about Monmouth and about their nicu which I hope never to need... but it is a plus...

amother
Lime

Post Sun, May 31 2020, 1:05 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Thanks, did you feel confident though that they and the hospital could properly handle and emergency situation if necessary?

I felt calm. I spoke thru my issue with a doctor at an appt when I 1st switched. I wasnt in a patient room I was in his office and he was behind his desk. I had a lot of time to talk thru everything and felt like my issues were heard and I was calm knowing that a dr will be there in the hospital even if a midwife is doing my delivery..

amother
OP

Post Sun, May 31 2020, 4:09 pm
What about epidurals? In Manhattan I was able to get an epidural as soon as I wanted with minimum waiting. My first and last name in labor is epidural, do they have qualified anesthesiologist on staff at all times?

amother
Green

Post Sun, May 31 2020, 4:47 pm
Sunrise OBGYN. Love them. I’ve recommended them to many ppl and everyone that I know of who has switched has been happy. I Switched to their practice in my ninth month and had a few babies using their practice after that.

amother
OP

Post Sun, May 31 2020, 4:48 pm
I hear people tear badly with them. What has your experience been? Which doctors delivered you? Thanks so much!

amother
Linen

Post Sun, May 31 2020, 4:55 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I've heard that lately he told women (I heard 2 cases) that they need a d and c while they're babies were fine. Is this an exception of mal practice or are there other similar situations with him? Is he just overworked?

So curious how does that happen? I just had a d&e I hope it wasn't a mistake the baby was also measuring smaller then it should. Not with govine but I know a lot of pple happy there.

amother
Navy

Post Sun, May 31 2020, 5:10 pm
I've been extremely happy with Dr Morgan (2 brothers). They deliver in Jersey shore hospital which I was happy with as well.

amother
OP

Post Sun, May 31 2020, 5:15 pm
I heard Jersey shore is very understaffed. How was your experience there? Did you have a private room? Can you get an epidural when you want/ need?
Did you find dr Morgan to work with your body? I know he is pro vbacs which is imp. Would he turn a posterior baby? Does he clean you out after birth to prevent clots? I've been doing so much research and heard nice things about them just not such nice things about Jersey shore. Do you mind sharing more?
Thanks!

amother
Gold

Post Sun, May 31 2020, 5:31 pm
I would be hesitant to use ogoa because there’s no nicu in the hospital. Just pointing that out.

I heard dr giovine has magical hands. I know people who are very happy with him. I also know someone who switched to him just for delivering her twins (because he agreed to try for vaginal even though twin b was breech, while he original practice wouldn’t have done that).

Can’t hurt to call and ask if a practice would take you at this stage.

amother
Chocolate

Post Sun, May 31 2020, 5:36 pm
amother [ Lime ] wrote:
I was using the rathouser/bochner/segal practice with some of your issues listed. They came highly recommended. After some
Annoyances within the practice and with RWJ hospital I decided to reroute my brain and try and practice with both drs and midwives and delivery in a smaller hospital. I gave birth a few months ago in toms river community hospital using OGOA. I had the most amazing and patient midwife and excellent nurses thruout. I highly reccomend them.
I think the do accept jersey care.

I don't mean to derail the thread but do you mind briefly explaining what you weren't happy about? I'm currently in my 7th month using that practice and hospital for the 1st time. So far I'm happy but I like to be aware of issues and know what to expect.

amother
OP

Post Sun, May 31 2020, 5:37 pm
Also wondering for those who gave birth in Jersey shore - do you have private rooms? Do you have an option to send baby to the nursery at night?

amother
OP

Post Sun, May 31 2020, 5:39 pm
amother [ Chocolate ] wrote:
I don't mean to derail the thread but do you mind briefly explaining what you weren't happy about? I'm currently in my 7th month using that practice and hospital for the 1st time. So far I'm happy but I like to be aware of issues and know what to expect.

Would love to know as well!

amother
Burgundy

Post Sun, May 31 2020, 5:41 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I've heard nice things about Monmouth and about their nicu which I hope never to need... but it is a plus...

My baby was born in Hackensack after a horrific pregnancy and diagnosis for my baby. (Not local OB) but just wanted to say that I BH was able to get her transferred from Hackensack NICU to Monmouth NICU and I can’t even compare the two. I was SO much happier in Monmouth NICU even though Hackensack is officially a higher tier NICU.

amother
OP

Post Sun, May 31 2020, 5:46 pm
Did you use doctor abdelhak? I was considering him but price and hackensak is what's worrying me.

amother
Navy

Post Sun, May 31 2020, 6:54 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I heard Jersey shore is very understaffed. How was your experience there? Did you have a private room? Can you get an epidural when you want/ need?
Did you find dr Morgan to work with your body? I know he is pro vbacs which is imp. Would he turn a posterior baby? Does he clean you out after birth to prevent clots? I've been doing so much research and heard nice things about them just not such nice things about Jersey shore. Do you mind sharing more?
Thanks!

I know Steven is supposed to be good with high risk. I don't know about turning posterior babies, as I've never had
Jersey shore hospital. I was extremely happy there. Didn't feel like they were down staff. But idk. I was able to send my baby to the nursery for the night, but they were into trying to keep babies with the moms. Very natural. No pacifier but if u brought ur own they were happy to use it. Not because they were stingy; they gave me cases and cases of diapers lol. The nurses were extremely caring and nice. But. All this was over 3 years ago
Page 1 of 4 1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries