Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Anyone with updates on camps?
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Sun, May 31 2020, 9:16 pm
Specifically camp bonim?
In a way the not knowing is more annoying!
I see everyone mingling outside these past two weeks. People are even in each other’s houses-kids going back and forth . When I asked my pediatrician though-he said he would advise no entering houses...

itsmeima

Post Sun, May 31 2020, 9:22 pm
I haven’t asked because even if they do open, I won’t be sending them... call the camp!

amother
Crimson

Post Sun, May 31 2020, 9:27 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Specifically camp bonim?
In a way the not knowing is more annoying!
I see everyone mingling outside these past two weeks. People are even in each other’s houses-kids going back and forth . When I asked my pediatrician though-he said he would advise no entering houses...

NYC is scheduled to open next monday for phase one. However, there are riots going on at the moment with nobody socially distancing so we can have thousands of new sick patients and overpacked hospitals because of it. Even if people didnt go to the riots, if the rioters went home to their elderly parents or grandparents then they can spread the virus that way. So I guess it would depend on the outcome of these riots and whether or not our hospitals get overcrowded again. I would not worry about camp until we know the after affects of the riots. Scary to think that we can continue being on lockdown for even longer because of these riots. Banging head Can't Believe It Punch

amother
Aubergine

Post Sun, May 31 2020, 9:29 pm
It is better to riot and blame government than be concerned about health and safety.

amother
Mistyrose

Post Sun, May 31 2020, 9:34 pm
Mine still doesn’t know. I don’t understand the reason how long this is taking till they know and let us know. Whoever is making the final decision just has to decide in either direction already. It’s 4 weeks to camp and families need to make alternate plans if they don’t open.

amother
Gray

Post Sun, May 31 2020, 9:38 pm
Mine (Lakewood Day Camp) hasn’t yet confirmed but hopes to be open July 6 depending on if they can work with the guidelines.

I would send at this point.

amother
Ivory

Post Sun, May 31 2020, 9:39 pm
Basically still waiting to hear if Cuomo is allowing them or not... until Cuomo decides (one way or another), you likely won’t hear anything...

This is assuming the camp you are wondering about is in NY. NJ and CT are not allowing sleepaway camps but are allowing daycamps (with lots of restrictions). PA is allowing both.

amother
Mistyrose

Post Sun, May 31 2020, 9:41 pm
amother [ Ivory ] wrote:
Basically still waiting to hear if Cuomo is allowing them or not... until Cuomo decides (one way or another), you likely won’t hear anything...

This is assuming the camp you are wondering about is in NY. NJ and CT are not allowing sleepaway camps but are allowing daycamps (with lots of restrictions). PA is allowing both.

WHEN WILL CUOMO DECIDE???????

amother
OP

Post Sun, May 31 2020, 9:43 pm
amother [ Mistyrose ] wrote:
Mine still doesn’t know. I don’t understand the reason how long this is taking till they know and let us know. Whoever is making the final decision just has to decide in either direction already. It’s 4 weeks to camp and families need to make alternate plans if they don’t open.

I agree! I’m so frustrated-just make a decision already! Yes or no!

amother
Mistyrose

Post Sun, May 31 2020, 9:45 pm
Any camp directors/administrators here that know WHEN we’ll know? My camp is clueless. They claim we will find out the same time as them.

amother
Seashell

Post Sun, May 31 2020, 10:19 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I agree! I’m so frustrated-just make a decision already! Yes or no!

I think part of the problem is no one knows the rules even if they can open and if the camps can function.

Can they only have 1/3 the campers?
Do they need to wear masks?
Can you play sports with balls?
Can you have communal food areas? (Dining rooms)
Can you have “assemblies”?
Can you have activity rooms ?
How much sanitizing is necessary?
What type of quarantine is. Necessary?

amother
Mistyrose

Post Sun, May 31 2020, 10:20 pm
amother [ Seashell ] wrote:
I think part of the problem is no one knows the rules even if they can open and if the camps can function.

Most of all if kids are mingling in the city will they remember that SD rules still apply once they hit camp? Or will it only be necessary when inspectors come?

amother
Lavender

Post Sun, May 31 2020, 10:27 pm
Most of all if kids are mingling in the city will they remember that SD rules still apply once they hit camp? Or will it only be necessary when inspectors come?

Is it really possible, absent a hardline "capsule plan" like they're doing in Israeli yeshivos, to prevent spread among a camp with kids sleeping in the same bunkhouses, eating in the same dining rooms, singing together, etc.?

I sort of assumed that the plan for overnight camps was to quarantine TOGETHER, meaning no trips off-site for campers or staff, no visitors.

amother
Cerulean

Post Sun, May 31 2020, 10:27 pm
amother [ Crimson ] wrote:
NYC is scheduled to open next monday for phase one. However, there are riots going on at the moment with nobody socially distancing so we can have thousands of new sick patients and overpacked hospitals because of it. Even if people didnt go to the riots, if the rioters went home to their elderly parents or grandparents then they can spread the virus that way. So I guess it would depend on the outcome of these riots and whether or not our hospitals get overcrowded again. I would not worry about camp until we know the after affects of the riots. Scary to think that we can continue being on lockdown for even longer because of these riots. Banging head Can't Believe It Punch

Yeah, yeah, we know the prophecy by heart. Mertz's levaya, lag baomer bonfires, the meron break-in, it yielded no new cases. #stopthefearmongering.

amother
Rose

Post Sun, May 31 2020, 10:35 pm
amother [ Seashell ] wrote:

The CDC has published the rules, and according to the camp director I spoke to, they are reasonable. Now it's just up to Cuomo.

amother
Slategray

Post Sun, May 31 2020, 10:45 pm
amother [ Rose ] wrote:
The CDC has published the rules, and according to the camp director I spoke to, they are reasonable. Now it's just up to Cuomo.

Are the CDC guidelines public? Where can I see them?

amother
Rose

Post Sun, May 31 2020, 10:48 pm
amother [ Slategray ] wrote:

I'll ask him if I can forward it.

But the CDC doesn't count as long as Cuomo is not on board, and that's what they're waiting for.

amother
Ivory

Post Sun, May 31 2020, 11:37 pm
Any camp directors/administrators here that know WHEN we’ll know? My camp is clueless. They claim we will find out the same time as them.

Camp administrator here... every week they say we’ll find out next week... and yes, we’ll find out whether he’s allowing us to open or not the same time the rest of the general public does.
Hoping to get an answer tomorrow but... who knows if it will really happen.

amother
Rose

Post Mon, Jun 01 2020, 1:20 pm
amother [ Slategray ] wrote:

Just found the guidelines:

https://www.cdc.gov/coronaviru......html

But of course, local and state officials can supersede CDC guidelines.

amother
Mistyrose

Post Thu, Jun 04 2020, 12:40 pm
I am so FRUSTRATED with Cuomos indecisiveness regarding sleepaway camp! Punch
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics