Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries
Obgyn recommendation needed asap please!
Previous  1  2  3  4  Next

amother
OP

Post Sun, May 31 2020, 10:16 pm
Thanks sounds nice! Anyone have updated I fo on this? I have been going through all post since 2012 lol and put together a list of all dr pros and cons. I'm feeling like I might like dr Morgan idea and would love updated info on Jersey shore and dr morgan. Thanks!

amother
Burgundy

Post Sun, May 31 2020, 11:27 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Did you use doctor abdelhak? I was considering him but price and hackensak is what's worrying me.

Nope. Hakimi. And I had a phenomenal experience with him during a crazy pregnancy. Feel free to PM.

amother
Black

Post Sun, May 31 2020, 11:37 pm
I don; think jersey shore even has any non-private rooms anymore. at my last delivery they let me stay in L&D overnight because they didn't have any private room in maternity until next morn. they didn't even ask me just did it and sent someone to clean up my room so I can have a normal room for the night.

really impressed with the hospital. and nothings really changed in that sense since I first delivered there 6 years ago. still extremely nice nurses and they have NO problem with you sending to nursery at night (and even during the day when I wanted to shower)

Just realize that hospitals are not the same as regular due to Corona virus. I'm also in my 7th month now and my doctor keeps telling me 'things will be better but still not back to normal' so right now I think their nursery is still closed. and you can only stay there for 24 hours. same with Monmouth.

amother
Blush

Post Sun, May 31 2020, 11:57 pm
Dr giovine is great for vbacs. And is amazing in terms of no stitches. (One of his main selling points)
I had 5 vbacs with him. Most babies over 9 lbs. no stitches. The nurses sing his praises in that regard that he is amazing in trying to prevent that and csections. He will even use pitocin for a vbac to try to prevent a c. (Once saw first hand how hard he worked that twins should be born naturally so mom shouldn’t have to deal with the recovery - you could tell he cared).
But there is no guarantee he will be the delivering dr.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jun 02 2020, 9:48 pm
Anyone with more experience with dr Morgan?
Also does the group in rwj take healthshare insurance? Are they pron to c sections? I would love to hear more.
Thanks!

amother
Black

Post Tue, Jun 02 2020, 10:25 pm
I know RWJ has a very high rate of c section but you'd have to find out about specific practice too.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jun 02 2020, 10:39 pm
Thanks that's what I've been hearing about rwj and I've been worried about that. Any info on dr. morgan? I wish I could afford dr. Abdelhak!

amother
Burgundy

Post Tue, Jun 02 2020, 11:39 pm
Have you looked into Hakimi? If you want abdelhak, you may like him. They are the 2 top doctors in Hackensack. I had a horrific pregnancy and birth and he was incredible. Can’t imagine using anyone else now.

proudmom8

Post Tue, Jun 02 2020, 11:45 pm
I second sunrise ob/gyn! To whoever said they have a high rate of stitches...I have delivered 3 children with their practice and never had a single stitch from any of them! Yet my first baby, with RWJ, I did get stitches.

I felt really cared for with sunrise. I have had each dr deliver me, a diff one at each delivery. And they’re all great! I also have hg during pregnancy and they really helped me through it. A lot more than other doctors. The visiting nurse that came to my house during that time was very impressed with them and their care.

Dr Belkin from sunrise used to work by dr giovine. Just a caution-dr giovine is truly skilled and gifted at what he does and an incredible dr! But he has a high turnover rate of other drs and hires straight out of school so the delivering dr might be someone mostly inexperienced.

Hatzlacha and bshaa tova!

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jun 03 2020, 12:06 am
I heard with dr belkin many people tear and they have high c section rate too and some rabbanim dont recommend them not sure why.
Can you tell me more about dr Hakimi?

mommyfish

Post Wed, Jun 03 2020, 12:23 am
I had such a great experience with Hakimi. He’s honest and caring and will do whatever possible to prevent c section. Feel free to pm me for details and with any questions.

Sebastian

Post Wed, Jun 03 2020, 12:39 am
Afaik sunrise ob is a closed practice.

amother
Green

Post Wed, Jun 03 2020, 8:20 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I hear people tear badly with them. What has your experience been? Which doctors delivered you? Thanks so much!

Levy delivered two of my kids and Fischetti one. Belkin never delivered me. I like all three of them. They really care abt their patients. I never tore using them. Only time that I ever tore was in my first pregnancy using a different practice. Either way I didn’t know that tearing was dependent on the dr. I thought that I tore by my first bec it was my first...

amother
Green

Post Wed, Jun 03 2020, 8:21 am
Sebastian wrote:
Afaik sunrise ob is a closed practice.

What does that mean? They closed down?

amother
Orange

Post Wed, Jun 03 2020, 8:29 am
amother [ Green ] wrote:
What does that mean? They closed down?

A closed practice usually means they are not accepting new patients.

amother
Blush

Post Wed, Jun 03 2020, 9:31 am
I’m the one who posted above about using dr giovine.

Dr Belkin delivered one of my kids while working at dr giovine. Her bedside manner in general was great and no stitches. (Baby was over 9lbs) and she was so patient. Only thing I didn’t like was that it was a vbac and she scared me from doing things I wanted to do that dr giovine had said we’re ok. Like going into the tub. I think she was more nervous because it was a vbac
DR Levy never delivered me but I didn’t like her bedside manner and was happy she didn’t deliver me. (Just my opinion- doesn’t speak to her expertise)

My rav did advise me against joining their practice. (I was thinking about joining once bec I do like dr belkin)

At one point I was considering switching to a midwife group that uses dr Morgan as their backup. But changed my mind bec of dr Morgan. To me it sounded like he did more cs for vbacs. Didn’t have patience for very long labors if he wanted to leave. That was my impression from speaking to ppl.

Really in the end I don’t think there is a perfect dr and each have positives and negatives and we just have to remember Hashem is in charge. (As you can see I haven’t always been thrilled with dr giovione bec I’ve done research to leave multiple times)

amother
Hotpink

Post Wed, Jun 03 2020, 10:12 am
I use sunrise.
I also don't like levy's bedside manner.
Fischetti is my favorite. She delivered two of my kids. Ive never had any problems with their medical expertise but my pregnancies have been pretty routine.
As far as tearing, not sure what that has to do with the doctor but I've had very mild tears, requiring not more than two stitches. Wasn't a big deal.
Curious why a rav wouldn't recommend them?

Last edited by amother on Wed, Jun 03 2020, 11:06 am; edited 1 time in total

amother
Blush

Post Wed, Jun 03 2020, 10:37 am
The rav I asked isn’t in to lots of medical intervention unless very necessary. Believes in reducing mothers fear is an important part of a healthy pregnancy.
(I don’t know if that is the reason he gave for this practice)

amother
Green

Post Wed, Jun 03 2020, 10:42 am
amother [ Blush ] wrote:
The rav I asked isn’t in to lots of medical intervention unless very necessary. Believes in reducing mothers fear is an important part of a healthy pregnancy.
(I don’t know if that is the reason he gave for this practice)

So interesting bec I felt very safe with them. Interesting also how ppl don’t like levys bedside manner. I never heard that before. I really like all of them. Levy delivered two of my kids and I was disappointed that she wasn’t on call when I delivered the third.

amother
Hotpink

Post Wed, Jun 03 2020, 11:03 am
Does medical intervention mean ultrasounds and the like? They do encourage the tdap and flu shot etc.
As far as reducing fear, I dunno if this is really the doctor's job, depending on the mother's level of fear, but they're calm and informative and not alarmists if that's what you mean.
Page 2 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries