Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> In the News
I TOLD YOU SO
1  2  3  4  5  Next

Mama Bear

Post Sun, May 31 2020, 11:52 pm
Back in the day before the state of emergency and stay at home orders, I was really worried that if this stretches all the way into summer, there will be full on chaos and anarchy in the streets as people are unemployed, bored, and out of school. I was truly worried about it.

And it has come to pass.

Quicker than I expected, but yes. It's here.

NY is opening just a tad too late.

The U.S. was just a tinderbox waiting for a spark, and it's exploded.

I am truly frightened for my life. way more than during the height of covid.

THIS IS CRAZY AND TERRIFYING.

our country has descended to the lowest of the lows. All this looting plundering and pillaging, raging and violence, is what I would expect a third world country or a war-plagued Middle Eastern country to look like. I mamish cannot believe what it going on.

I AM SO SCARED!!!!

On another note, thank you, crazy protestors, for officially ending this pandemic. If thousands are allowed to gather en masse all over the NYC AND THE POLICE ARE NOT DISPERSING IT, then, hellooooo, we can go back to school, cheder, yeshiva, and day camp. Sorry not sorry, this is the absolute worst double standard. A couple of little kids learning Torah is SOOOO dangerous, and violent teenagers burning police cars, looting stores, injuring bystanders and trashing the streets, is fine!!!! Stores are chas v'sholom not allowed to do business because SOCIAL DISTANCING IT'S DANGEROUS FOR FIVE PEOPLE TO BE IN A STORE AT ONCE OMG OMG YOURE GONNA KILL US ALL, but LOOOOTING those self same stores is FINE!!!!

I am so done. I'm seething, fuming, exploding.

That's it. I hereby declare this state of emergency OVER. You can wear a mask if you want, but goshdarnit, I dont hear a PEEP of outrage from the mayor or the police over these protests, peaceful or not, looting or not. No problem! If rioters and protesters are allowed -- then so should weddings, tenoyims, vorts, day camps and siyums.

That's it!!!

peace out.

Sebastian

Post Sun, May 31 2020, 11:53 pm
Lol love you mama bear ❤️❤️❤️

Supermom#1

Post Sun, May 31 2020, 11:58 pm
thank goodness there were sheriffs in a bunch of cars in Boro Park today ensuring that no non-essential stores are open CH"SH and endangering our lives. Think of the danger! How can you compare that to some peaceful protestors?? At wits end

Surrendered

Post Sun, May 31 2020, 11:58 pm
Well said! Sooo true!
Please say this to Mr. Coumo and higher ups who can actually make a difference.

iyar

Post Mon, Jun 01 2020, 12:01 am
I know right?
Our boys can’t sit in beis medrash together but their boys can run around in packs smashing windows and stealing.
They can even burn police cars. Because they’re fighting for justice.
Can't Believe It
I hope you’re all safe tonight wherever you are.

jkl

Post Mon, Jun 01 2020, 12:08 am
iyar wrote:
I know right?
Our boys can’t sit in beis medrash together but their boys can run around in packs smashing windows and stealing.
They can even burn police cars. Because they’re fighting for justice.
Can't Believe It
I hope you’re all safe tonight wherever you are.

Ugh I hate these nonsensical comparisons. It makes it sound like the gov't is sanctioning these rioters. The gov't was trying to curb the spread of a pandemic, and in the midst of it, rioters let loose. The gov't unfortunately is mostly helpless in the face of these masses. Any strong stance will only fuel the fire and cause more harm to society. Unless martial law is declared, their hands are pretty much tied.

The gov't is not supporting these rioters, nor are they supporting messing with their plan to reopen the cities and towns. Why is everyone running with the assumption that the gov't is ok with this?

(And yes, I support opening up everything now with some restrictions in place for protection.)

lifesagift

Post Mon, Jun 01 2020, 12:10 am
[quote="Mama Bear"]

On another note, thank you, crazy protestors, for officially ending this pandemic. If thousands are allowed to gather en masse all over the NYC AND
Um hello you wish .... true the cops weren't stopping the rioters but they were handing out summonses like there's no tomorrow here on 13th ave. So you really thought the mayor cares about you? Oy

jkl

Post Mon, Jun 01 2020, 12:13 am
[quote="lifesagift"]
Mama Bear wrote:

On another note, thank you, crazy protestors, for officially ending this pandemic. If thousands are allowed to gather en masse all over the NYC AND
Um hello you wish .... true the cops weren't stopping the rioters but they were handing out summonses like there's no tomorrow here on 13th ave. So you really thought the mayor cares about you? Oy

Thousands are allowed? They didn't get any permission or authorization. They are rioters and looters, defying dozens of rules.

freilich

Post Mon, Jun 01 2020, 12:14 am
jkl wrote:
Ugh I hate these nonsensical comparisons. It makes it sound like the gov't is sanctioning these rioters. The gov't was trying to curb the spread of a pandemic, and in the midst of it, rioters let loose. The gov't unfortunately is mostly helpless in the face of these masses. Any strong stance will only fuel the fire and cause more harm to society. Unless martial law is declared, their hands are pretty much tied.

The gov't is not supporting these rioters, nor are they supporting messing with their plan to reopen the cities and towns. Why is everyone running with the assumption that the gov't is ok with this?

(And yes, I support opening up everything now with some restrictions in place for protection.)

Does not this idiotic government know the rules of the game??

Didn’t they know that we where a hop skip and jump away from this? Doesn’t matter who or what was killed. The masses would of eventually found a reason to riot either way.

It’s payback time now, and we are paying full price, unfortunately.

lifesagift

Post Mon, Jun 01 2020, 12:17 am
jkl wrote:

The gov't is not supporting these rioters, nor are they supporting messing with their plan to reopen the cities and towns. Why is everyone running with the assumption that the gov't is ok with

Because when there are large groups of over 50 people huddled together in front of macys/target/etc trying to break in /consider breaking in, with another 100 or more people watching, some recording... and the cops don't peep, I don't even know if they were there, sounds a lot like they are ok with it. Otoh, 13th ave had not 1 not 2 not 3 not 4 but a whole fleet of sheriffs plus backup (just in case things get uknow violent) filling the ave with ridiculous horns blasting, you just know you're in the wrong govt

Mama Bear

Post Mon, Jun 01 2020, 12:20 am
NO ONE IS STOPPING THEM.
they are breaking windows and looting expensive shops in manhattan. NO ONE IS STOPPING THEM.
I seriously don't get it.
yes, the cops are allowing them to riot and protest. They are not being dispersed like Rabbi Mertz's funeral.
My mind is mamish boggled. I'm in despair here. If these riots don't stop, our city and country are gonna descend into levels that are almost impossible to rise from.
I am very very scared for our future.
THIS IS EXACTLY WHAT I PREDICTED BACK IN MARCH. EXACTLY.

lifesagift

Post Mon, Jun 01 2020, 12:22 am
Mama Bear wrote:
NO ONE IS STOPPING THEM.
they are breaking windows and looting expensive shops in manhattan. NO ONE IS STOPPING THEM.
I seriously don't get it.
yes, the cops are allowing them to riot and protest. They are not being dispersed like Rabbi Mertz's funeral.
My mind is mamish boggled. I'm in despair here. If these riots don't stop, our city and country are gonna descend into levels that are almost impossible to rise from.
I am very very scared for our future.
THIS IS EXACTLY WHAT I PREDICTED BACK IN MARCH. EXACTLY.

I agree it's hopeless
Just 1 little hope remains, my friend
Mashiach must come

jkl

Post Mon, Jun 01 2020, 12:22 am
Mama Bear wrote:

I AM SO SCARED!!!!

On another note, thank you, crazy protestors, for officially ending this pandemic. If thousands are allowed to gather en masse all over the NYC AND THE POLICE ARE NOT DISPERSING IT, then, hellooooo, we can go back to school, cheder, yeshiva, and day camp. Sorry not sorry, this is the absolute worst double standard. A couple of little kids learning Torah is SOOOO dangerous, and violent teenagers burning police cars, looting stores, injuring bystanders and trashing the streets, is fine!!!! Stores are chas v'sholom not allowed to do business because SOCIAL DISTANCING IT'S DANGEROUS FOR FIVE PEOPLE TO BE IN A STORE AT ONCE OMG OMG YOURE GONNA KILL US ALL, but LOOOOTING those self same stores is FINE!!!!

Not only are they not allowed, but the police is unable to disperse it unless strong violent tactics are used. Such tactics would only backfired and cause more violence to erupt. The gov't is not allowing anything at the moment, they're just powerless to stop it.

None of this has any bearing if the virus is still contagious or not. If you want to discuss if the danger of the virus is still prevalent, it should be separate discussion in itself - one that doesn't use violent law-breaking rioters of the lower elements of society as an example to compare to.

But, I do agree with your original point. So many weeks of unstructured time can only lead to negative things. It's time to reopen now, albeit with some restrictions in place to protect us in case God forbid the virus rears its head again.

Mama Bear

Post Mon, Jun 01 2020, 12:24 am
it's unbelievable.
They are powerless to stop mayhem and destruction.
But they'll apply the full power of the law to peaceful citizens who just want to continue living their lives.
If there's a public health emergency for 30 kids to learn Torah, or for a store to serve 2 people at a time for 10 minutes apiece, there's a public health emergency for 1000s of ppl to gather all over NYC.
I don't care about excuses. This public health emergency is OVER. The end.

Einikel

Post Mon, Jun 01 2020, 12:24 am

I’m sorry what?

jkl

Post Mon, Jun 01 2020, 12:25 am
lifesagift wrote:
Because when there are large groups of over 50 people huddled together in front of macys/target/etc trying to break in /consider breaking in, with another 100 or more people watching, some recording... and the cops don't peep, I don't even know if they were there, sounds a lot like they are ok with it. Otoh, 13th ave had not 1 not 2 not 3 not 4 but a whole fleet of sheriffs plus backup (just in case things get uknow violent) filling the ave with ridiculous horns blasting, you just know you're in the wrong govt

They can't fight back, it will only lead to bloodshed and more violence. These rioters are looking for people to engage, especially law enforcement, and will spare no fury. You either need the strong brute force, or let it just ride out. The latter is assumed to be the method of less bloodshed, and I'm assuming that if it doesn't begin to die down pretty soon, they'll probably come around with the strong brute force.

Also - the cops are scared for their own lives. They don't want to engage with bloodthirsty people.

Einikel

Post Mon, Jun 01 2020, 12:27 am
jkl wrote:
They can't fight back, it will only lead to bloodshed and more violence. These rioters are looking for people to engage, especially law enforcement, and will spare no fury. You either need the strong brute force, or let it just ride out. The latter is assumed to be the method of less bloodshed, and I'm assuming that if it doesn't begin to die down pretty soon, they'll probably come around with the strong brute force.

Also - the cops are scared for their own lives. They don't want to engage with bloodthirsty people.

The point is-if so many people are out protesting and rioting with no social distancing then there is no point in enforcing it anymore.

jkl

Post Mon, Jun 01 2020, 12:28 am
Mama Bear wrote:
it's unbelievable.
They are powerless to stop mayhem and destruction.
But they'll apply the full power of the law to peaceful citizens who just want to continue living their lives.
If there's a public health emergency for 30 kids to learn Torah, or for a store to serve 2 people at a time for 10 minutes apiece, there's a public health emergency for 1000s of ppl to gather all over NYC.
I don't care about excuses. This public health emergency is OVER. The end.

Why is it unbelievable? Is that unbelievable that the gov't has less control over violent law breaking rioters, than those whom he assumes should be law-abiding civilized people? Is it that illogical to expect good citizens to behave and follow the law, while at the same time expecting less of violent, law-breakers?

Of course, it's a public health emergency that 1000s of people gather. But what can he do about it, without creating more riots? Show me one government that is in support of this behavior?

lifesagift

I think what I'm having trouble comprehending is how did they have so many idle bored cops to spare that bp needed to be literally swarmed by them. Wouldn't it make sense in a time of crisis they should be where the pundits are. They are not just going to stop on their own, if we learnt anything from the past, the chaos wont die down on its own unless its quashed. Even if the cops cant theoretically do anything they should still be standing there and just watching, hopefully nobody gets killed.

flowerpower

jkl wrote:
Thousands are allowed? They didn't get any permission or authorization. They are rioters and looters, defying dozens of rules.

I don’t get why you are sticking up for them. What planet are you living on??? In Brooklyn alone today there were hundreds of protesters walking together. The crazy dude Diblazio checked out Barclay center area and approved it. He was even proud. In NYC there were hundreds more. Walking together. The riots are a whole other story.
Page 1 of 5 1  2  3  4  5  Next Recent Topics