Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Does everyone have their cleaning lady back?
Previous  1  2  3  4

zoom

Post Sun, May 31 2020, 5:27 pm
yes I got mine back after a very long time.
I know she works in a shop and in a school but I have no idea if she goes to other peoples houses.

when I asked her (and her more fluent english partner) they said she does go to peoples houses but iv no idea if they understood what I mean. as in they understand what im asking. everything they just said yes, yes, yes!!
how do I even ask her these things when her english isnt good?

chocolatecake

Post Sun, May 31 2020, 5:34 pm
I have 4 kids under age 8. Dh and I both still working. I am probably still somewhat sane cuz thankfully my cleaning lady who comes on Monday and Thursday did not miss a single day!

amother
Bisque

Post Sun, May 31 2020, 6:52 pm
amother [ Bisque ] wrote:
No. We miss her terribly, but it’s not yet allowed where we live. As soon as it’s legal, we’ll definitely have her back gladly though.

It’s allowed where we are starting June 1st, so we’re having her back this week! We are not in a particularly hard-hit area (not NY, LA, etc), so we don’t feel it’s necessary to be more stringent than our local orders require, though of course we’ll be stringent about social distancing. I’m very excited to have help again Smile

Fabulous

Post Sun, May 31 2020, 7:25 pm
amother [ Plum ] wrote:
No! I am seriously going crazy already without the help! I don't get to sleep before 1:30-2 every night trying to keep everything in check. I thought I would take her this week but I asked my Dr and he told me that there's still a risk and since me and my husband didn't have it and my dh tested negative for antibodies I am still nervous to have her. I'm hoping in another week or so things will change and I'll be able to start having steady help again! It's my life saver! For all of us still holding out I hope our schar is great for listening to daas Torah and medical advice cuz it's really not easy!!

This could be me. I really really want to have someone. Even just to clean while I take the kids out (but I would need someone really good and trustworthy for that). I’m managing but stressed from the mess and constant work. Dh says to take it easy, but mess bothers me so much, I literally do not stop working and it’s only neatish at night when kids are all asleep. I must have swept 6 times today and I’m not done. Plus all the dishes and constant cooking and entertaining kids. I’m exhausted and it happy with the situation. Oh and I have a lot of work responsibilities too. No time during the day and at night I’m cleaning up soon when do I have time?

We are super careful because we bh didn’t have it.

Fabulous

Post Sun, May 31 2020, 7:28 pm
amother [ Tangerine ] wrote:
Bit the bullet and spent a fortune on a Dyson Animal cordless vacuum. Thought I was buying it just for Pesach and the couch, but you know what? It's SO much easier cleaning up with that than a dustpan and broom - it's fun so everyone does it...and until the cleaning lady can come back (DH is high risk so we're not doing it) my mental health stays intact. WIN.

Why is it easier? Is it good for the kitchen? Picks up dust and everything from regular floors not just carpet?

amother
Pewter

Post Sun, May 31 2020, 7:31 pm
I don't have steady cleaning help, I only get when I need which ends up being once every two months or so for 3 hours. It's been crazy with working full time and the kids home full time but I held out until last week. We got a mouse problem so I have cleaning help now

amother
Tangerine

Post Mon, Jun 01 2020, 4:34 am
"Why is it easier? Is it good for the kitchen? Picks up dust and everything from regular floors not just carpet?"

YES. We live in Israel, no carpets here my friend. Even if we had them, they wouldn't survive the dust, the sand, the intermingling of inside/outside which we dearly love about this blessed place.
Having said that, we also like to live in a clean home, so this little marvel does it all. Picks up dust and crumbs from all over the tiled apartment. Doesn't like wet though - and obviously pick up big things with the dustpan/broom or by hand, but it loves: hair, crumbs, small nut shells, bits of paper, you name it.
Page 4 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4 Recent Topics