Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
What are ur main concerns for send a child to Israel?

aussiemum#1

Post Mon, Jun 01 2020, 4:03 am
Just wondering what people are thinking about sending their child to seminary or yeshiva. Are there health and safety concerns?- but Israel is safer then anywhere else.
Is is the second wave? just having your children close to you- just in case ?!?!

amother
Firebrick

Post Mon, Jun 01 2020, 4:07 am
Are you trying to drum up business for a certain health care company? You linked to their blog in 2 threads

aussiemum#1

Post Mon, Jun 01 2020, 4:19 am
I am trying to research this topic and get a feel for how ppl feel- if my feelings are normal. I didnt link to any services just an article about it- a lot of people are asking questions.
There seems to be 2 different sides- when the pandemic hit, everyone rushed back to the states or the uk and I couldnt really understand why. Now with the second wave...... Israel seems to be safer then anywhere else....

amother
Sienna

Post Mon, Jun 01 2020, 4:25 am
People were afraid of being stuck there for an indeterminate period of time. Many girls and bochurim wanted to be home for Pesach, wanted to be with their families during the crisis.

For similar reasons I personally would not have taken my child home from his out of town yeshiva in a tiny isolated town, except that all the other mothers brought their kids home so there was no yeshiva to stay in.

amother
Firebrick

Post Mon, Jun 01 2020, 4:25 am
aussiemum#1 wrote:
I am trying to research this topic and get a feel for how ppl feel- if my feelings are normal. I didnt link to any services just an article about it- a lot of people are asking questions.
There seems to be 2 different sides- when the pandemic hit, everyone rushed back to the states or the uk and I couldnt really understand why. Now with the second wave...... Israel seems to be safer then anywhere else....

Are you researching on behalf of this company? I have nothing against them and hear only good things, but I get the district impression that you are trying to create demand for its services. If that's what you are trying to do, it's only decent to be open about your intentions.

aussiemum#1

Post Mon, Jun 01 2020, 4:28 am
sure- but this is research for me.

aussiemum#1

Post Mon, Jun 01 2020, 4:31 am
just to clarify- my good friend runs a seminary here- and the pressure is enormous. Wanted to find out the issues parents have with sending to Israel, even though there is so much more they have to set in place before the students get here- like quarantine facilities etc.

amother
Firebrick

Post Mon, Jun 01 2020, 4:35 am
aussiemum#1 wrote:
sure- but this is research for me.

Ok, so you work for a company and are using this site to do research to help you in your work.

Perhaps you should be upfront about this. As in: "I work for a company that provides healthcare services to students in Israel. I'm wondering what concerns parents would like to see addressed."

jerusalem90

Post Mon, Jun 01 2020, 8:38 am
I wouldn't be worried about the child getting sick. A kid who is seminary/yeshiva age should be able to handle Corona very well. Also Israel has a very good health infrastructure and was underwhelmed with Corona during the first wave (hospitals prepared for way more patients than they ever actually had).

What I would be worried about is Israel enacting a mass quarantine again, forcing the school to close, your child not getting anything out of being in Israel because they'd just be stuck in their room the whole time and not even being able to fly back home, and maybe no refund. That's what I'd be afraid of. However, basically the same thing could happen in your home country, but at least the child would be able to get back to your house, and the whole thing would probably be cheaper.

amother
Wine

Post Mon, Jun 01 2020, 8:55 am
There's worry on the home front and the Israel front.

On one practical level, it depends why your kid is going to Israel. If any part of that is seeing the land, getting to hop a bus to the kotel or amukah or anywhere, meeting and spending time with and doing chesed for local families, etc., they need to realize that may not happen. There is a lot to the Israel experience, and losing a big chunk of it isn't nothing. The pod/bubble system can work for bochurim or girls who want to come and stay put and learn and be inspired within their small area and group, but not for many others. Plus any staffing that may be affected, including high risk teachers not coming in.

Also, not all kids are completely uncomplicated medically. And complicated or uncomplicated, an English speaker will often prefer to be in a medical setting in which they understand the language, including if they need to go to a hospital. And they do not want to find themselves in a quarantine hotel. And many students have complicated family members, including parents, who they may not want to be far from in a second wave and who may need their help. And nobody knows how quickly Israel might stop flights. It was really complicated for a lot of people to get their kids home this year- that's scary when you may need or want your kid home ASAP.

amother
Linen

Post Thu, Jul 30 2020, 10:06 pm
Everything said above. My daughter has no interest in an Israel experience in lockdown and as of this writing Israel is #2 in Covid cases in the world with an average of 1600 new cases a day. I cannot fathom why any parent would shell out $25K for this or why any 18 year old would choose to go at this time.

amother
Burlywood

Post Thu, Jul 30 2020, 10:09 pm
Israel is experiencing a mismanaged bad covid19 outbreak and I wouldn't send my child there considering their health care systems ability to chv be overwhelmed, even if I think covid19 isnt a risk for my child but she doesnt need to be in an environment like that. plus the disrespect of the gvt which is yiddishkekt based but dont want her to apply that to the us.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics