Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> In the News
I TOLD YOU SO
Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next

DrMom

Post Mon, Jun 01 2020, 4:08 am
tichellady wrote:
I’m so confused by this thread.

Me too.

People are burning and looting and smashing storefronts and throwing projectiles at innocent bystanders. Cities are burning to the ground.

Does anyone really expect SD and masks and permits from these people?

allthingsblue

Post Mon, Jun 01 2020, 7:55 am
Jkl, you're saying that the funeral attendees specifically attended the funural to antagonize the mayor. I highly doubt that's true. The mayor tweeted specifically against the Jewish community. Here, not a peep. Sure, the police are powerless, they're in a catch 22. But the mayor can tweet and make statements condemning the complete disregard for social distancing and more so, the complete disregard for property and safety of their fellow humans. He can condemn the fact that the protests have turned anything but peaceful. Sadly he has shown his true colors: he is an anti-Semite in a way.

freilich

Post Mon, Jun 01 2020, 8:11 am
Mama Bear wrote:
The mayor is in a bind bc his wife and children are black and obviously he is concerned for issues of black New Yorkers. He can't go and disband a peaceful protest that's marching for Black Lives Matter. I don't expect him to. But it makes my blood boil that he's not even mentioning that really there shouldnt be large groups gathering no matter what the issue is. if he's okay with large groups gathering for marches and protests, then, hello, the rule book is out the window, bye bye.

Exactly. He should be yelling off the rooftops! Instead their are Bh sherriffs in bp to make sure the stores aren’t open! How hypocritical can you get?

freilich

Post Mon, Jun 01 2020, 8:16 am
DrMom wrote:
Me too.

People are burning and looting and smashing storefronts and throwing projectiles at innocent bystanders. Cities are burning to the ground.

I don’t expect people behaving so abominable to be SD now. However, I would expect to hear the mayors outrage about this. Not to keep on tweeting assessments of the situation.

The double standard is wow! No words.

DrMom

Post Mon, Jun 01 2020, 8:32 am
freilich wrote:
I don’t expect people behaving so abominable to be SD now. However, I would expect to hear the mayors outrage about this. Not to keep on tweeting assessments of the situation.

The double standard is wow! No words.

Have you seen what is going on? Cities are burning to the ground. The first priority must be law and order.

There is no point scolding violent rioters, looters, and anarchists about masks and SD.

Arrest them. They can SD in jail.

PinkFridge

Post Mon, Jun 01 2020, 8:41 am
jkl wrote:
Thousands are allowed? They didn't get any permission or authorization. They are rioters and looters, defying dozens of rules.

Because many people - including elected officials - have gone on record endorsing the right to protest. Which, BH we have, read Sharansky, we are living in the malchus shel chesed we are. Though no one said, and when you do, SD.

Now, are all these same voices condemning the violence?

iyar

Post Mon, Jun 01 2020, 9:36 am
DrMom wrote:
Me too.

No. Nobody expects them to wear masks while they’re setting fires.
While riots are going on police vehicles are driving through a predominantly Jewish neighborhood making sure everyone wears masks and shops are closed.
Like you said, cities are burning to the ground.
This is the best use the mayor can find for his police force?
The double standard is glaring.

freilich

Post Mon, Jun 01 2020, 9:51 am
DrMom wrote:
Have you seen what is going on? Cities are burning to the ground. The first priority must be law and order.

There is no point scolding violent rioters, looters, and anarchists about masks and SD.

Arrest them. They can SD in jail.

Well, actually none of this is happening...no scolding,no arresting, no outcry. Just assessing Oh my. THank you mayor Dinkins oops sorry DeBlasio

HonesttoGod

Post Mon, Jun 01 2020, 9:58 am
freilich wrote:
Well, actually none of this is happening...no scolding,no arresting, no outcry. Just assessing Oh my. THank you mayor Dinkins oops sorry DeBlasio

Where do you live? Because where I live there were over 250 arrests within one hour last night. Including De Blasios daughter. And yes she’ll probably get off, privilege of being the mayors daughter.

This thread is so shallow. Comparing apples to oranges. Literally.

But we’ll done OP you predicted it. Congrats on having ruach hakodesh.

fleetwood

Post Mon, Jun 01 2020, 10:02 am
HonesttoGod wrote:
Where do you live? Because where I live there were over 250 arrests within one hour last night. Including De Blasios daughter. And yes she’ll probably get off, privilege of being the mayors daughter.

Did she predict the murder too? Bec as I see it there were no riot or protests two weeks ago before the killing.

monkeymamma

Post Mon, Jun 01 2020, 10:06 am
HonesttoGod wrote:

Deblasio refused to impose a curfew so rioters were able to ransack and loot stores and the diamond district. So he is aiding and abetting criminals and vandals by refusing to impose a curfew ( or calling in the national guard)and allowing the criminals to vandalize and loot businesses (many of whom are already struggling because of coronavirus) in NYC. And you have a problem when people point out the double standards in the way he treats Jewish people?

https://nypost.com/2020/05/31/.....asio/

https://www.ny1.com/nyc/all-bo.....n-nyc

octopus

Post Mon, Jun 01 2020, 10:08 am
You think deblasio cares if stores were looted and destroyed??? He doesn't! It will just delay more stores from opening. He wants to destroy the NYC economy.

OutofTown Girl

Post Mon, Jun 01 2020, 10:44 am
So you say these protests and riots are a result of the stay-at-home orders. Possible.
Was there any kind of lock down in place back when the Ferguson protests broke out? Plenty of violence then, too.

monkeymamma

Post Mon, Jun 01 2020, 10:51 am
OutofTown Girl wrote:
So you say these protests and riots are a result of the stay-at-home orders. Possible.
Was there any kind of lock down in place back when the Ferguson protests broke out? Plenty of violence then, too.

Something that is key today is that millions of people have lost their jobs, schools are closed, after school programs and summer programs have been cancelled, etc. People have nothing to look forward to and have no hope for the future which is causing even more frustration and violence than any time in the past. I guess if you have nothing to lose...

freilich

Post Mon, Jun 01 2020, 11:37 am
OutofTown Girl wrote:

Lockdown couldn’t have been avoided. The unnecessary shlepping it out could of. No schools, loss of jobs, lack of structure. These are all recipes for disaster. We the people saw the writing on the wall. Yes Mama Bears prediction was on the ball, and so where a lot of ours too. History has taught us quite a few lessons, and this is one of it.

Civil unrest was just a time bomb till now. It never happens in a vacuum. Happy and productive people don’t have a need to riot.

momsrus

Post Mon, Jun 01 2020, 11:39 am
OutofTown Girl wrote:

Were the Ferguson riots cross country or only in the area the shooting happened?

das

Post Mon, Jun 01 2020, 12:43 pm
HonesttoGod wrote:

Wow. You're really rude.

Marathon

Post Mon, Jun 01 2020, 12:45 pm
Where I live in NJ and Ive been in NY. Schools, babysitters, shuls, stores, yeshivas.... all opened under the table with shuls at full capacity.

aliavi

Post Mon, Jun 01 2020, 1:22 pm
Could it be that cops are making sure BP businesses and high density areas of children are safe? Why is it we are so fixated on shopping and can see nothing else? PS, shops that are closed have covers of doors or bars on the glass to protect the shops from looting!

The rioting his completely expected. People are stressed to the boiling point. The tolerance of the riots is also expected because of the prescient to protect first amendment rights.

We are suffering a devastating lack of leadership.

aliavi

Post Mon, Jun 01 2020, 1:24 pm
momsrus wrote:
Were the Ferguson riots cross country or only in the area the shooting happened?

Everywhere. Recall Trayvon Martin too.
Page 3 of 5 Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next Recent Topics