Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> In the News
Just a nice thought

flowerpower

Post Mon, Jun 01 2020, 11:13 am
Watching all the rioting clips from the past few days... makes me appreciate being frum even more. I cant fathom our kids doing such things ever. So many untamed animals out there. Its scary

Reality

Post Mon, Jun 01 2020, 11:57 am
Does that make you feel better?

It doesn't make me feel better.

SixOfWands

Post Mon, Jun 01 2020, 1:04 pm
flowerpower wrote:
Watching all the rioting clips from the past few days... makes me appreciate being frum even more. I cant fathom our kids doing such things ever. So many untamed animals out there. Its scary

No doubt its scary. No doubt the rioting is terrible. No doubt its counterproductive. But Jews aren't exempt from bad behavior

Hidden: 

From 2011, allegedly throwing rocks at IDF soldiers

From 2011, about spitting on a child

https://www.haaretz.com/1.5222556

Rutabaga

Post Mon, Jun 01 2020, 1:10 pm
flowerpower wrote:

I wanted to like your post, but I can't. I also can't imagine my children or any of their friends rioting, but I would never compare fellow human beings to animals. I understand that they're in pain and lashing out, and while I disagree with their methods I cannot call them beasts.

zaq

Post Mon, Jun 01 2020, 1:11 pm
[quote="SixOfWands"]No doubt its scary. No doubt the rioting is terrible. No doubt its counterproductive. But Jews aren't exempt from bad behavior

What she said.
Our potential may be greater, and our criminal statistics may be lower, but there are unfortunately plenty of bad apples in our basket. Even the cherished belief that alcoholism is virtually unknown among undzere menschen has been exploded.
Let's not get puffed up about out superiority until we root out the evil among ourselves.

cbsp

Post Mon, Jun 01 2020, 1:16 pm
SixOfWands wrote:
No doubt its scary. No doubt the rioting is terrible. No doubt its counterproductive. But Jews aren't exempt from bad behavior

Hidden: 

From 2011, allegedly throwing rocks at IDF soldiers

From 2011, about spitting on a child

https://www.haaretz.com/1.5222556

I am in no way condoning this behavior but you do realize that you're equivocating dumpster burning and spitting on a child with more extreme violence, large scale sheer wanton destruction, and looting for personal gain.

Do you have so little respect for the current perpetrators that you have no expectations of their acting like dignified human beings?

PinkFridge

Post Mon, Jun 01 2020, 1:17 pm
OP, I am inclined to agree with you. But don't say it if you don't want the responses you're getting here.

flowerpower

Post Mon, Jun 01 2020, 1:17 pm
Rutabaga wrote:
I wanted to like your post, but I can't. I also can't imagine my children or any of their friends rioting, but I would never compare fellow human beings to animals. I understand that they're in pain and lashing out, and while I disagree with their methods I cannot call them beasts.

No need to like my post. As I’m watching video after video after video of teenagers the age of my kids looting stores, burning cars, and acting like untamed animals my kids are all sitting and learning torah. I now have a much stronger appreciation. That’s all

PinkFridge

Post Mon, Jun 01 2020, 1:42 pm
Flowerpower, we have to give our children a sense of self-respect and recognition of truth that are deep and meaningful, and will protect them from peer pressure.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics