Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Had a dream about the Rebbe, I’m not lubavitch

amother
OP

Post Sun, May 31 2020, 9:46 pm
Let me preface this by saying that though my family is not Lubavitch, we always had a lot of respect for the Rebbe.

I totally randomly dreamt about him two nights ago. From what I remember, I was in a waiting room. His rebbetzin was there and I got a bracha from her. My father went to the rebbe to get a bracha for a sibling who needs a yeshua and the rebbe said that the person should come to him directly.

I can’t remember every detail so I’m hoping this is all correct and true. I took the dream to mean that this sibling should visit the ohel.

So firstly, is it open now?

And second, I’m just trying to come to terms with the fact that I had a dream where I clearly saw him and inferred this message. Like why would I? I’m not chabad. I wasn’t thinking about it. Why was I zoche?

A tiny part of me is wondering if it’s because I read here recently about someone else dreaming about him but I totally hadn’t thought about it since then.

Any thought?

amother
Honeydew

Post Sun, May 31 2020, 9:48 pm
Go back to sleep.

octopus

Post Sun, May 31 2020, 9:50 pm
Look, I read the same thread, and did not have a dream. I always dream nonsense dreams. But there are people that dream things that are significant. I would take it as a siman bracha.

amother
OP

Post Sun, May 31 2020, 9:50 pm
amother [ Honeydew ] wrote:
Go back to sleep.

Nice response.

amother
Taupe

Post Sun, May 31 2020, 9:51 pm
Yes the Ohel is open. If it's not a hassle, why not go? It can only bring good things to you.
Many many visitors at the Ohel are not Lubavitchers. I'm always surprised at the diversity there.

amother
Mint

Post Sun, May 31 2020, 9:53 pm
Yes the ohel is open, but you need to write your pan (kvittel) at home and bring ur own non leather shoes etc. there are only bathrooms open.
I can’t comment on why you specifically dreamt about the Rebbe, but there have been lots of stories about such dreams and if your relative is willing to go, it can never hurt

amother
Ruby

She did wear a shaitel but she wore a hat over it (in photos at least)

amother
Green

amother [ OP ] wrote:
Let me preface this by saying that though my family is not Lubavitch, we always had a lot of respect for the Rebbe.

I totally randomly dreamt about him two nights ago. From what I remember, I was in a waiting room. His rebbetzin was there (she didn’t wear a shaitel, irl was this the case?) and I got a bracha from her. My father went to the rebbe to get a bracha for a sibling who needs a yeshua and the rebbe said that the person should come to him directly.

I can’t remember every detail so I’m hoping this is all correct and true. I took the dream to mean that this sibling should visit the ohel.

So firstly, is it open now?

And second, I’m just trying to come to terms with the fact that I had a dream where I clearly saw him and inferred this message. Like why would I? I’m not chabad. I wasn’t thinking about it. Why was I zoche?

A tiny part of me is wondering if it’s because I read here recently about someone else dreaming about him but I totally hadn’t thought about it since then.

Any thought?

No
Not the case

happy chick

Post Sun, May 31 2020, 10:03 pm
Only special people dream about the Rebbe. Definitely accept it as an invite for your sibling to go to the ohel.
Your sibling should have a complete and immediate yeshuah!

amother
Babypink

Post Sun, May 31 2020, 10:20 pm
The Rebbe was never a private Rebbe only accessible to card-carrying members of Chabad.

The Rebbe's doors were always open for every Jew, and many non-Jews as well.

The Ohel is open, and all are welcome. The Ohel itself is in open air, and there are signs about maintaining distance. The house and tent are open for limited access, no sitting, no refreshments. It's one of the places I feel the most safe.

My dreams about the Rebbe have only ever brought me encouragement and bracha.

If the Rebbe asked me or a relative to come in a dream, I would certainly do so; at the very least I would encourage them to write a letter to the Rebbe.

May you only see revealed good!

exhausted

Post Sun, May 31 2020, 10:38 pm
Regardless of your beliefs or affiliations, having a dream about a Tzaddik is always very special and a very personal Brocho.

amother
Vermilion

Post Mon, Jun 01 2020, 12:43 am
amother [ Ruby ] wrote:
She did wear a shaitel but she wore a hat over it (in photos at least)

No, that's her hair under the hat.

amother
cornflower

Post Mon, Jun 01 2020, 2:15 am
You can email a kvital to the Ohel, I have done so

chani5

Post Mon, Jun 01 2020, 2:25 am
amother [ Vermilion ] wrote:
No, that's her hair under the hat.

She had custom shaitels made by Freeda.
It was a shaitel

amother
Denim

Post Mon, Jun 01 2020, 9:55 am
In your next dream- tell that person to go to him directly ...

(not ridiculing here- but this just reminded of an old joke;
wife tells her husband "I just dreamed you bought me a new fur coat".
Husband: "In your next dream- wear it in good health" LOL )

oakandfig19

Post Mon, Jun 01 2020, 11:17 am
I had a dream that I was hugging the Rebbetzen like 9 months ago. I’m also not Chabad, but I am baalas teshuva and my father has become more frum mainly through Chabad. Not sure why I had that dream but it was very meaningful, I felt so much love from her.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics