Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
11 year old depression.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jun 01 2020, 8:31 am
My 11 year old has told me a few times she sometimes gets so mad she wants to scratch herself. She also wrote me a note that said "everything hurts me. Especially my heart". This was after some girls weren't being nice to her. We've tried cbt therapy in the past but did not see any change at all. She would like to speak to a therapist. Does anyone have any insight? Also looking for a therapist for her in lakewood.

amother
Orange

Post Mon, Jun 01 2020, 9:02 am
Tziporah Koslowitz is supposed to be amazing. Maybe call Relief to get a referral?

Have you checked her thyroid levels? I was depressed at that age and it turns out I was hypothyroid. A simple synthroid pill daily solved the problem until I outgrew the issue.

Good for you for taking this seriously.

amother
Babypink

Post Mon, Jun 01 2020, 12:08 pm
Zoloft changed my daughters life. She went from irritable and down to a genuinely happy girl Bh.

amother
Apricot

Post Mon, Jun 01 2020, 12:13 pm
amother [ Babypink ] wrote:
Zoloft changed my daughters life. She went from irritable and down to a genuinely happy girl Bh.

Any side effects?

amother
Salmon

Post Mon, Jun 01 2020, 12:17 pm
I would try supplements like magnesium, b vitamins, gaba, ashwahganda, l theanine, maybe also cranio sacral therapy

amother
Oak

Post Mon, Jun 01 2020, 12:41 pm
Just want to say that I'm so impressed you have an open enough relationship for her to have felt comfortable sharing her feelings with you.
I kept my childhood depression to myself until it turned into dangerous self harm, a full fledged eating disorder etc at the age of 19 I finally got help.
Much hatzlocha and may she feel back to her beautiful self really soon!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics