Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Israel: Concern of new wave though educational system
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next

DrMom

Post Mon, Jun 01 2020, 3:32 am
etky wrote:
Totally. They should have dismissed school during the peak of the heat wave under the assumption that wearing the masks at school for the entire day was impossible.
Abandoning the masks and keeping schools open was a terrible mistake made by a novice minister who - at least this is how it seemed to me - was acting with bluster in order to create an impression that he was 'taking charge' during his first week at the job.
Why someone with more experience didn't object is a mystery to me.

That's what I figured they'd do.

1. Masks are required to reduce the chance of spreading
2. Sharav! It is too hot to wear masks this week

I figured 1+2 = No school the week of the sharav.

Instead 1+2 = Masks? We don't need no stinkin' masks!

kalsee

Post Mon, Jun 01 2020, 3:41 am
they were hoping that the study that showed that the virus spreads less in the heat was true.

DrMom

Post Mon, Jun 01 2020, 3:43 am
kalsee wrote:
they were hoping that the study that showed that the virus spreads less in the heat was true.

It may be true, but the impact might not be enough to counteract the risks of cramming 30 kids in a closed room for 4-6 hours with no masks.

amother
Pumpkin

Post Mon, Jun 01 2020, 3:51 am
They messed up and they messed up bad.

They opened up too quickly and decided to let the rules fly out the window.

I am glad its not a Charedi school because they would be villifying all charedim and giving op-eds about how charedim don't follow rules etc.

I think the new health ministry has no clue what they are doing and are afraid to make waves so they didn't make an policy decisions that may make people upset and look where that got us.

Its funny because if you read posts here than you will see that most of us pointed out all these potential problems before. Maybe we should be the ones in charge😂

DrMom

Post Mon, Jun 01 2020, 3:57 am
amother [ Pumpkin ] wrote:

I am glad its not a Charedi school because they would be villifying all charedim and giving op-eds about how charedim don't follow rules etc.

I think the new health ministry has no clue what they are doing and are afraid to make waves so they didn't make an policy decisions that may make people upset and look where that got us.

Its funny because if you read posts here than you will see that most of us pointed out all these potential problems before. Maybe we should be the ones in charge😂

Because these people have no expertise in Public Health, or even science. They are political appointments. Once they are appointed, they need to staff their ministry with actual people who know what the heck they are doing, and that takes time.

What does Yuli Edelstein (or his predecessor Yaakov Litzman) know about public health? Zilch.

salt

Post Mon, Jun 01 2020, 4:15 am
DrMom wrote:
Because these people have no expertise in Public Health, or even science. They are political appointments. Once they are appointed, they need to staff their ministry with actual people who know what the heck they are doing, and that takes time.

What does Yuli Edelstein (or his predecessor Yaakov Litzman) know about public health? Zilch.

But he still has Moshe bar Siman tov as his manager.

LovesHashem

Post Mon, Jun 01 2020, 4:27 am
DrMom wrote:
Can you post that source? That seems really incredible.

Quote:
Even after students and teachers were confirmed as being infected, the school remained open. "The school told us that there was nothing to worry about and that the people and youth that were in contact with the infected people didn't need to quarantine, which turned out be complete nonsense," wrote Sason.

https://www.jpost.com/israel-n.....29792

This entire article talks about what went wrong. How students also disregarded the rules, hugging before and after school and also how they met up without SD and masks after school hours, went out to malls and restaurants together, etc.

LovesHashem

Post Mon, Jun 01 2020, 4:34 am
amother [ Pumpkin ] wrote:

It's all political. Even with Litzman. He follows what his Rebbe says, and there was also politics and things and pressure from other government members to do things he didn't feel were safe.

I do not think the new health ministry are complete idiots. The head himself said he would not be sending his kids to school when they opened. He was pressured and forced to make decisions he didn't want to make.

I think people don't care and think they won't get it or get too sick I they are young. Hence why Tel Aviv and other places that a younger teen-30 aged crowd go have been crowded without thousands disregarding all common sense.

DrMom

Post Mon, Jun 01 2020, 4:38 am
salt wrote:
But he still has Moshe bar Siman tov as his manager.

I thought he stepped down, no?
He was too extreme in the other direction -- perhaps a good counterweight.

(My manager, I assume you mean "managing up?")

DrMom

Post Mon, Jun 01 2020, 4:49 am
LovesHashem wrote:
https://www.jpost.com/israel-news/anger-frustration-as-coronavirus-rules-neglected-at-jerusalem-school-629792

This entire article talks about what went wrong. How students also disregarded the rules, hugging before and after school and also how they met up without SD and masks after school hours, went out to malls and restaurants together, etc.

You said upthread "The school was aware he had corona."

That's quite a damning statement! I don't see that anywhere in this article.

But, wow -- what reckless behavior on the part of the students, and especially the staff/administration, who were supposed to be in charge and who obviously knew better.

LovesHashem

Post Mon, Jun 01 2020, 5:12 am
DrMom wrote:
You said upthread "The school was aware he had corona."

That's quite a damning statement! I don't see that anywhere in this article.

But, wow -- what reckless behavior on the part of the students, and especially the staff/administration, who were supposed to be in charge and who obviously knew better.

It seems like they knew SOMEONE had corona if a student says that they were told they didn't have to go into bidud. If no one was verified as having corona then why on earth would someone need to go into bidud?

etky

Post Mon, Jun 01 2020, 5:40 am
Literally every hour there is a new report of corona virus in a different school all over the country now, although Jerusalem (the southern neighborhoods mostly) still leads by far.

Success10

Post Mon, Jun 01 2020, 5:45 am
It's starting to look more and more like there will be another school shutdown. Oh, man, I'd better go make another iced coffee. I might be sharing it again by tomorrow.

Ridethewaves

Post Mon, Jun 01 2020, 6:21 am
Success10 wrote:
It's starting to look more and more like there will be another school shutdown. Oh, man, I'd better go make another iced coffee. I might be sharing it again by tomorrow.

And maybe a few pieces of chocolate with that!

DrMom

Post Mon, Jun 01 2020, 6:42 am
2,180 students were just sent into bidud from one school in Hadera.

Ora in town

Post Mon, Jun 01 2020, 3:09 pm
DrMom wrote:
2,180 students were just sent into bidud from one school in Hadera.

It might have been a good idea to test students and teachers before they take up classes...
this way they might have avoided the spread within the schools...

essie14

Post Mon, Jun 01 2020, 3:39 pm
DH wants my kids to stay home ..... 😓😓😓
My toddler needs gan... I cant do this anymore

Ora in town

Post Mon, Jun 01 2020, 4:08 pm
Real dilemma...

Ora in town

Post Mon, Jun 01 2020, 4:25 pm
etky wrote:
Literally every hour there is a new report of corona virus in a different school all over the country now, although Jerusalem (the southern neighborhoods mostly) still leads by far.

Doesn't sound good...

amother
Jetblack

Post Mon, Jun 01 2020, 4:29 pm
HUGS imas!

We need to hold strong we need to hold together! We need to support each and be positive1

We need Moshiach!!!
Page 6 of 9   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next Recent Topics