Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Child & Baby Products
Doona poll! Love it or hate it pls vote!
Previous  1  2  3  Next

What is your opinion of the doona
I have it or had it and love it  
 56%  [ 118 ]
I have it or had it and hate it  
 4%  [ 10 ]
I dont have it because of the price  
 25%  [ 52 ]
I dont have it because of the lack of safety  
 13%  [ 28 ]
Total Votes : 208

amother
Orange

Post Sun, May 17 2020, 1:17 pm
amother [ Aqua ] wrote:
Don’t have it but rented it for a week.

Absolutely hated the heavy clumsy piece

you can use it without the base, that's just for added comfort if you have your own car. for quick n easy attachment... that is with any car seat

4g01o

Post Sun, May 17 2020, 1:39 pm
chatz wrote:
I don't have it. Never considered it because we don't have a car. Still wouldn't buy it because it's too short term for the money.

I sold mine afterwards for the same that I paid for it. I bought it 2nd hand in amazing condition. Used for one baby before mine and I used for one baby. There was still plenty of life left in it. I loved it! I had the base too (which I sold for what I bought it for too) it was SO convenient especially for car pool and popping in and out of stores..

tweety1

Post Sun, May 17 2020, 4:44 pm
I love mine! It was money well spent. By now I have it for a while and I don't regret buying it.

amother
Babypink

Post Sun, May 17 2020, 4:49 pm
You will never catch me spending more than $0 on a mediocre carseat or a terrible stroller. The doona somehow figured out how to be both in one.
The only reason I loved my doona is because I got it as a gift, returned it, and got some other great baby gear.

amother
Mustard

Post Sun, May 17 2020, 4:51 pm
Where’s the I don’t have it because I’m too tall selection.

amother
Mustard

Post Sun, May 17 2020, 4:52 pm
Fab4 wrote:
I sold mine afterwards for the same that I paid for it. I bought it 2nd hand in amazing condition. Used for one baby before mine and I used for one baby. There was still plenty of life left in it. I loved it! I had the base too (which I sold for what I bought it for too) it was SO convenient especially for car pool and popping in and out of stores..

You know it’s dangerous to buy a used car seat, right?

amother
Ruby

Post Sun, May 17 2020, 4:59 pm
amother [ Mustard ] wrote:
Where’s the I don’t have it because I’m too tall selection.

Hi... Funny thing is that you just need to be 5'6 and up to be too taller. Considering most people who can afford a Doona are probably in that height range, I just dont get it... unless it is intended for their cleaning ladies?

amother
Bisque

Post Sun, May 17 2020, 5:16 pm
The obvious benefit is the easy in and out of the car. Here are some added benefits ive come to enjoy..
- its small so when im in the kitchen cooking its easy to keep my baby next to me, hes much happier there than the bassinet. (He doesnt sleep in the doona, dw)
- the wheels swivel so it makes for a very easy push. Sometimes ill be eating and ill put my baby next to me at the table and with my arm just wheel him in 'S' shape. He loves it
- my 5 year old loves the lower the handle bar and take him on walks around the house. Its amazing how easily a little kid can wheel it!

I know it sounds like my baby probably lives it in but my babysitter comes to the house so we dont take him out a lot and hes happy in it so if we put him there an hour a day I dont feel bad..
I was prepared to hate it. Still hate the price but there is no question its a handy little piece of equipment.
If graco came out with a knock off for 1/3 of the price there is no doubt in my mind that all other carseats would become extinct..

blessedflower

Post Sun, May 17 2020, 5:22 pm
It's a carseat. Not meant to be used as a stroller. It has the stroller part for practical use for when you need a carseat. But using it on a daily basis for long time intervals is not healthy for baby's hip and back development

Blessed4

Post Sun, May 17 2020, 6:20 pm
I’m 5’7. I extend the bar when I walk and don’t find it to be an issue. Love the doona. Great house stroller as well. Small and fits anywhere.

giselle

Post Sun, May 17 2020, 6:22 pm
amother [ Ruby ] wrote:
Hi... Funny thing is that you just need to be 5'6 and up to be too taller. Considering most people who can afford a Doona are probably in that height range, I just dont get it... unless it is intended for their cleaning ladies?

How does height relate to whether or not you can afford one?

applesbananas

Post Sun, May 17 2020, 7:28 pm
giselle wrote:

You didnt know all rich people are 5"6 or taller? Yep. If not, they get surgically altered to be! But they buy the doona anyway! Its just perfect for their help. Whos obviously struggling to pay the bills and surely 5"2 or under..

amother
Natural

Post Sun, May 17 2020, 7:56 pm
I got it from a relative who is not planning on having more children. I like it but don't think I'd have spent the $500.
I use it mostly for a car seat, and once in a blue moon on a walk (when the bundle me is already attached and I need my baby to be extra warm). I am 5"6 and use it extended. It wheels very smoothly.
It's very heavy to lift in and out of the car but it's all one piece so sort of convenient.
We've been largely quarantined so haven't taken it to stores and the like.

Elemenopee

Post Sun, May 17 2020, 9:26 pm
Think of it as a car seat on wheels. I can't imagine how anyone uses it as their primary stroller! I really enjoyed the practicality of going in out of the car, as well as having a mobile baby seat in the house (my kid loved sitting in it!), however by 8 months it was over. He wanted to sit up and look around. Now we just keep it in the car as a regular car seat.

amother
Ruby

Post Sun, May 17 2020, 9:33 pm
giselle wrote:

Well in the US caucasian women if European decent aversge 5'6 while Hispanic women are much shorter, as are those from other ethnic groups. Socioeconomics has an impact on height. So you'd expect those who can afford the over priced Doona to not be the average 5'4 of an American since that number includes socioeconomically challenged groups who may be short for reasons like having not have had access to vaccinations or proper diet.

amother
Copper

Post Sun, May 17 2020, 9:40 pm
amother [ Copper ] wrote:
Are doonas rear facing or side facing?
I know that sounds strange, but my neighbor's doona seems to be side facing.

She has it side facing in the car.(?)

silverlining3

Post Sun, May 17 2020, 10:38 pm
I really really don't like the look. But it's super convenient for those in n out of cars often. Tho I for 1 had a car seat and adapted it to regular carriage. Once baby outgrew car seat I switched to regular seat. Loved it and no extra expense lol

pizzapie

Post Sun, May 17 2020, 10:46 pm
I don't have it because
1. Way too much money for a carseat imo
2. I don't use the carseat except for the car, and
3. Impractical in a store. I would sooner place the carseat into the shopping cart and not have to push a stroller plus a shopping cart

queen

Post Mon, May 18 2020, 12:23 am
just purchased in February plus purchased a second base (that each car had base installed) thinking Doona would be great for carpools and errands ---- but now, post corona, I don't go ANYWHERE!!!!

I'm 5'8" and have no issue pushing. Actually it pushes really well however it is not meant to be a walking stroller.

chili-n-cholent

Post Mon, Jun 01 2020, 3:17 pm
LOVE LOVE my Doona! I don't owe a car (live in BP) but love it nonetheless:
1)I take car services a lot, it is such a breeze to take baby in and out, instead of leaving your baby laying on the taxi seat, unloading carriage from trunk, unfolding it with all cars beeping behind you, putting baby in plus bags etc...
2) When my baby is sleeping he stays sleeping, HUGE advantage, when I don't have my doona I end up being forced to walk if I don't want baby to wake up
3) A major reason I got the Doona was because its so tiny, I don't carry with the BP eruv and any young kid can push this like a dream, my 3 year old pushes it easily on shabbos a good few blocks, that earned major points for me
4)Many stores in BP don't let you bring in carriages, I can many times sneak my Doona in as its so tiny
5)Yes everyone, I know its not healthy yada yada but when going away for shabbos my baby sleeps in it beautifully, I don't have to feel bad about my big carriage taking up room in the living space and he has a great place to play when needed.
After 8 months of using it I am still planning on using it for a while (I have friends with 18 month olds that are just outgrowing it) I still strongly recommend it and I push everyone to get it ( I did get it for $425 from someone in BP who sells them privately but it was worth it either way)
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics