Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Why do you want to have twins?
Previous  1  2  3

salt

Post Mon, Jun 01 2020, 2:16 am
Everyone is saying how hard the pregnancy and the baby/toddler stage is.
Isn't it hard also when they are school-age - teenage, dating, and more?

Is there a lot of competition - I would imagine even more so that with siblings close in age, as they are always at the same stage.
I would be more nervous about bringing up twins at that age. At the baby stage it's just physical difficulty, but at the older stage, it's emotional.

Just wondering. I don't have twins, but would be interested to hear, from mothers of twins.

amother
Royalblue

Post Mon, Jun 01 2020, 2:53 am
amother [ cornflower ] wrote:
All of my brothers have twins, with one having two sets. My husband would love twins, he feels it's more efficient (one pregnancy, two kids!). Being that I exclusively nurse, I told him where he could take that idea Twisted Evil

So funny. I exclusively nurse and that's the argument DH uses to convince me that twins isn't something to wish for unless I'm willing to supplement (which he knows I'm not). "How would you nurse them both without adding formula?"

amother
Royalblue

Post Mon, Jun 01 2020, 3:18 am
I've always wanted twins, since I was a kid, and now with HG pregnancies (plus a few miscarriages in between) I would definitely not mind two kids from one pregnancy. It's not something I daven for, though, because I'm aware of the risks, but maybe one day we'll have twins...like for numbers 7 and 8, or 8 and 9... I want fraternal, though, not identical, because I don't want the risks that come with a shared placenta. Even if identical is cool.

amother
Linen

Post Mon, Jun 01 2020, 10:24 am
I used to dream of having twins.... and then I had my son who was born prematurely and had feeding issues. I fought tooth and nail to be able to nurse him and am so thankful that I have succeeded. With all the immense challenges It's come with I know that it would have been physically impossible with two babies. Just a thought for those who say it's two for the price of one ... I wouldn't be willing to go above and beyond for each child but if your child is born with certain challenges ( nursing or others ) it may become impossible to help them in the way that you want . Obviously in most cases people aren't choosing so if Hashem gives you twins that's what is meant to be but I wouldn't wish for them anymore

lilies

Post Mon, Jun 01 2020, 11:00 am
salt wrote:
Everyone is saying how hard the pregnancy and the baby/toddler stage is.
Isn't it hard also when they are school-age - teenage, dating, and more?

Is there a lot of competition - I would imagine even more so that with siblings close in age, as they are always at the same stage.
I would be more nervous about bringing up twins at that age. At the baby stage it's just physical difficulty, but at the older stage, it's emotional.

Just wondering. I don't have twins, but would be interested to hear, from mothers of twins.

This.
More so when they're the same gender, even more when identical.
Some twins grow up as one entity because mothers think it's cute.

amother
Babypink

Post Mon, Jun 01 2020, 11:25 am
amother [ Lawngreen ] wrote:
Never did I dream of having twins. 2 years after we got married we had a set of twins and now 10 years later I'm expecting another set of twins( with other kids in between) when I went for my first sonogram the second time around and I was told its twins I cldnt believe her...I said " but I already have a set, how can it be"? And then the tears started flowing out of the crazy mix of emotions
But the truth is I'm so greatful that I'm having twins however hard I know it is and it will be but I really feel like it's 2 for the price of 1 cause I hate being pregnant!!

Wow.. Good luck to you. I can't imagine having another set at this point in life. Its still tough w them being over 2 and half. And bh toilet trained.. They definitely are a team and do whatever they please.. Its edible.

And btw I always say if it happened to me it can happen to u too. Never did I dream ill have twins. Identical twins are not genetic so it can happen to everyone

amother
Jetblack

Post Mon, Jun 01 2020, 11:30 am
I have trouble keeping in my singletons long enough - they like to pop out early. I would be very nervous if expecting multiples, as they tend to be born earlier in general. Mine would definitely be little preemies.

Twins are adorable, but I'm sure a ton of work!

amother
Babypink

Post Mon, Jun 01 2020, 11:39 am
amother [ Jetblack ] wrote:
I have trouble keeping in my singletons long enough - they like to pop out early. I would be very nervous if expecting multiples, as they tend to be born earlier in general. Mine would definitely be little preemies.

Twins are adorable, but I'm sure a ton of work!

I heard of a lot of success stories. Twins being born very early and bh making it beautifully in life.. 28 weekers.. Reaching milestones normally

amother
Jetblack

Post Mon, Jun 01 2020, 12:44 pm
amother [ Babypink ] wrote:
I heard of a lot of success stories. Twins being born very early and bh making it beautifully in life.. 28 weekers.. Reaching milestones normally

Yes, it’s amazing what modern medicine can do. And BH my kids are all doing okay, but because I struggled to keep mine in to term when it was just one at a time, I’d never wish for twins. It’s a hard thing to go through.
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics