Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Permanent hair removal red hair: laser or otherwise

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jun 01 2020, 4:20 pm
I have tried laser in the past on my face which had very thin and light hair. That just made a lot more hair grow in and did not help at all.
Have any of you tried laser on red hair in other areas where the hair is more coarse and red, but not deeply red? If you have been successful and are located in NY, where did you have it done? How long did it take? And how much of a success did you have?
If you use something besides laser, what do you use? And how long does it last?

Thank you so much!

FranticFrummie

Post Mon, Jun 01 2020, 4:40 pm
Electrolysis is the only really permanent way to remove hair, especially light colored hair. The coarseness doesn't matter with laser, it's all about the pigment.

How many times you need to treat an area depends on how deep the roots are. Usually 2 or 3 times is enough to kill the root and keep the hair from growing back.

It stings a little more than laser, and because you are doing one hair at a time it will take longer. If you are doing a few chest or chin hairs, it's a great way to go. If you want to do your whole legs, it will take forever and be very expensive. In that case, just do waxing.

The good news, is that once you hit menopause, hair doesn't grow back so fast, so any treatment will be permanent faster than when you are younger and producing more estrogen. (My legs and underarms are a smooth as a baby!)

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jun 02 2020, 12:45 pm
Thank you! I do electrolysis, but I need a different solution for larger areas/areas I don't feel comfortable having electrolysis done. Any other options?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics