Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
AMAZING exercise video reccomendations

fiji

Post Tue, Jun 02 2020, 2:51 am
I HATE exercise. This is a big problem because I really need to be doing daily exercise to be healthy. I dont understand the people who love exercising. HOW? WHY? please explain it to me! I want to love working out!!! If anyone has any recommendations of workout videos on youtube that are FUN and ENJOYABLE, please post here!!! (unfortunately public gyms are not an option now)
Ive done probably hundreds of workout videos on youtube but still have not found one that I dont dread doing. if you have any specific ideas or advice, please help!

twizzlers1

Post Tue, Jun 02 2020, 3:22 am
Hi I'm someone that really likes to exercise but my kids did not used to and now they do. I really like Pamela Reif and blogilates. they both have quite a few videos up some of them are cardio and some of them are weight-bearing exercises. they have different length videos and none of them are super long so maybe you could just start with one.

champion

Post Tue, Jun 02 2020, 5:26 am
l love hasfit.

DrMom

Post Tue, Jun 02 2020, 6:36 am
Fitness Blender is good, and no annoying music or perky people shouting "woo!" in the background.

chocolate moose

Post Tue, Jun 02 2020, 11:12 am
What don't you like about exercise? What DO you like? Do you want to do Zumba or do you think you'd like the strong feeling of lifting heavy weights?

A variety of movements are important for the body - cardio for sure, weight training, but also core training like pilates.

fiji

Post Tue, Jun 02 2020, 1:36 pm
chocolate moose wrote:
What don't you like about exercise? What DO you like? Do you want to do Zumba or do you think you'd like the strong feeling of lifting heavy weights?

A variety of movements are important for the body - cardio for sure, weight training, but also core training like pilates.

I Just don’t enjoy it. My husband feels on a high when he finishes exercising and I just feel drained.
I do enjoy zumba with great music (in person class) but very hard for me currently to get to a gym (even pre corona). I have yet to find a zumba video that I enjoy doing at home but would be open to recommendations.
I do have foot issues that hold me back. I have to wear special sneakers with special insoles which weigh me down so that definitely contributes. In theory lower impact exercises would be better for me given my foot situation but I’m finding it very hard to be motivated right now.

amother
Seagreen

Post Tue, Jun 02 2020, 1:46 pm
I powerwalk around the neighborhood for cardio (30 minutes) and then do a couple of short Popsugar YouTube videos for toning. They have many options, just search YouTube . Total time for my workout is 45 min or so.

If I try to do more, I end up hating it and just stop entirely. This I can keep up long term, which is the goal

SHS

Post Tue, Jun 02 2020, 1:55 pm
I love the dvd from Jillian Michaels
The 30 day shred is only if I remeber correctly, 30 minutes

chocolate moose

Post Tue, Jun 02 2020, 4:01 pm
fiji wrote:
I Just don’t enjoy it. My husband feels on a high when he finishes exercising and I just feel drained.
I do enjoy zumba with great music (in person class) but very hard for me currently to get to a gym (even pre corona). I have yet to find a zumba video that I enjoy doing at home but would be open to recommendations.
I do have foot issues that hold me back. I have to wear special sneakers with special insoles which weigh me down so that definitely contributes. In theory lower impact exercises would be better for me given my foot situation but I’m finding it very hard to be motivated right now.

What about other dance type classes? There are many specialties - aerial yoga. Bellydancing. Aqua zumba.

cbs880

Post Tue, Jun 02 2020, 7:23 pm
I also hate exercise. Like hate with a passion. But since quarantine I knew I would have to find something-both for my physical as well as my mental state.
I discovered that I like Barre workouts best, they are ballet based, so it feels a lot more elegant than sweating and jumping around, the workout actually helps my posture, and makes me feel more ladylike and graceful when I am done.
I dont always break a sweat, there is a lot of focus on balance, posture, and strengthening the core.
I use youtube, there are a lot of free workouts there,
two instructors that I like:
marnie alton
Coach Kel
I can already see the difference after a few weeks, as I try to do them consistently.
good luck!

jj1236

Post Tue, Jun 02 2020, 8:44 pm
Marshal fitness is super fun for dancing. I don't personally do it because I'm not a dancing type but you'd really enjoy it if you like to dance. I have always loved blogilates because the trainer Cassie is amazing and fun and makes you a free monthly calendar of her workouts so you know what to do everyday. She has beginners videos too if you need easier versions. popsugar on youtube also has tons of videos and tons of different trainers so you can pick and choose who you like.

amother
Pewter

Post Tue, Jun 02 2020, 11:42 pm
Here’s a secret. Most people don’t love exercise. I don’t love cooking and cleaning either, but I do it. The trick is to schedule your day with exercise and make it a non-negotiable part of your day.

There are apps you can download that will do something different every day, but there are great suggestions here. You can make Monday Yoga day and Tuesday Barre Body day, etc.

I hated exercise but I discovered that running while watching videos and movies and high intensity music was my jam. It takes my mind off the pain so I can zone out. Start with power walking and then work your way up to a light jog. Set incremental goals. Over time you might find, like me, that the days you don’t do it you miss it.

I also like classes because I’m a competitive person. The music would be loud and pumping and I would space out while lifting weights or whatever.

Find something you can tolerate and do it first 2 then 3 then 5 days a week. Minimum 20 minutes. It will help you with everything - feeling good, getting sick less, sleeping better, etc.

amother
Linen

Post Wed, Jun 03 2020, 12:16 am
I like Leslie Sansone Walk at Home. Easy to follow and really invigorating.

I also don't mind walking on the treadmill while watching something good 😉

smileyface:)

Post Wed, Jun 03 2020, 2:03 am
Team body project is amazing!! Tons of low impact , great motovators

hi dear

Post Wed, Jun 03 2020, 2:15 am
Hi I would like to know if there is any specific excersize to be done to loose weight specifically by the breast erea ??

amother
Blush

Post Mon, Jun 08 2020, 12:08 pm
Does anyone know if there are any dance exercise videos out with Jewish music? I find I'm not able to follow some of the fun ones on YouTube because I don't know the songs/music and can't get into it.

(I'm a very very very new beginner)

jewishmom6

Post Mon, Jun 08 2020, 12:32 pm
smileyface:) wrote:
Team body project is amazing!! Tons of low impact , great motovators

Thank you for this.
This is something that looks like I can do with my husband.

amother
Plum

Post Mon, Jun 08 2020, 12:44 pm
another vote for leslie sansone. if you dont like the annoying ppl in the back cheering, she has some that she is all by herself.
its fun and easy to get into. I also appreciate that she is wearing more than a sports bra...

theoneandonly

Post Mon, Jun 08 2020, 1:05 pm
Sarabethyoga has great workout videos without the annoying "feel the earth breathe" etc that used to drive me crazy in yoga videos

theoneandonly

Post Mon, Jun 08 2020, 1:16 pm
Caroline Jordan is also really good and she has a lot of videos specifically for for injuries so you don't need your feet at all so you don't need to put on clunky sneakers...
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise