Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Working with ppl with intellectual disabilities questions

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jun 02 2020, 5:37 am
Hello,

I might go start working with people with intellectual disabilities like syndrome of Down and the like. I will help them but not 'nurse' them as a nurse but more helping with them how to cook, clean and everything
I find it really exciting also because it's a non-Jewish organization. But there are a few questions I have regarding this.

- Do you need to work on shabbos? I feel a Rav will say 'no' because you are not saving a life.
- How about holding on tznius? I've heard this organization forbids skirts because of safety and demands wearing trousers.

In my country, there is not a big Jewish organization that provides health care for Jews with an ID so I can only work for other organizations.

Ora in town

Post Tue, Jun 02 2020, 6:04 am
These are questions you should ask the employer directly...
We cannot help you on this...

amother
Cerulean

Post Tue, Jun 02 2020, 6:27 am
Where are you up to in the job-have you applied, been accepted? I would speak to a rov before taking the job about what is allowed.
It would probably be worth getting the employee rules from this job and discuss with a rov what you can and can't do.
Also are they willing to be flexible? Not sure why trousers should be insisted on if you're just helping with things like cooking -I know OTs and PTs who wear skirts, and they manage fine.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics