Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Do You Appreciate A Sense Of Humor?
1  2  Next

When I hear or read a joke I
Appreciate it and laugh no matter the topic as long as it’s not personal  
 77%  [ 54 ]
Don’t get the idea of jokes. Life is miserable. Period.  
 2%  [ 2 ]
Only appreciate a joke if the topic isn’t sensitive to me  
 20%  [ 14 ]
Total Votes : 70

ExtraCredit

Post Tue, Jun 02 2020, 1:24 pm
How sensitive are you to humor? I appreciate humor in any situation. Makes life more manageable.

FranticFrummie

Post Tue, Jun 02 2020, 1:28 pm
I love all kinds of humor, unless it is super offensive.

Bad puns, silly jokes, sophisticated social commentary, satire, it's all good. I don't care if it's knock-knock jokes, Mark Twain, or The Onion.

Make me laugh, or at least make me think about something, and I'll appreciate it a lot. LOL

ETA: My mom had a really dark sense of humor that she passed on to me. When she was at the end of her life, and was taken in to a hospice facility, she looked around and said "Oh, this place is to beautiful. I wish I could live here!"

I treasure that this is one of the last things that she said. It's a wonderful memory to have. Always leave them laughing. Very Happy

Last edited by FranticFrummie on Tue, Jun 02 2020, 1:31 pm; edited 1 time in total

amother
Olive

Post Tue, Jun 02 2020, 1:29 pm
"A sense of humor" made my Top Five Requirements for Marriage.

It has saved us A LOT of grief!

BH Yom Yom

Post Tue, Jun 02 2020, 1:33 pm
FranticFrummie wrote:
I love all kinds of humor, unless it is super offensive.

Bad puns, silly jokes, sophisticated social commentary, satire, it's all good. I don't care if it's knock-knock jokes, Mark Twain, or The Onion.

Make me laugh, or at least make me think about something, and I'll appreciate it a lot. LOL

ETA: My mom had a really dark sense of humor that she passed on to me. When she was at the end of her life, and was taken in to a hospice facility, she looked around and said "Oh, this place is to beautiful. I wish I could live here!"

I treasure that this is one of the last things that she said. It's a wonderful memory to have. Always leave them laughing. Very Happy

Totally relate! And it sounds like your mom a”h had a great perspective.

I like humor that is tasteful, clever, witty, and never at someone else’s expense.

amother
Lavender

Post Tue, Jun 02 2020, 1:53 pm
I dont like when I have to take thing out of context, If that's what you consider humor. I dont think it's funny at all. If you wanna say something say it as it is.

amother
Mistyrose

Post Tue, Jun 02 2020, 2:45 pm
It depends on the type of humor.

5 yo type from an adult, mean humor, humor in middle of something serious, no.

The ability to laugh at yourself and life, funny jokes with appropriate mood & setting to be sharing jokes, yes.

What does that make me?

ExtraCredit

Post Tue, Jun 02 2020, 2:54 pm
amother [ Mistyrose ] wrote:
It depends on the type of humor.

5 yo type from an adult, mean humor, humor in middle of something serious, no.

The ability to laugh at yourself and life, funny jokes with appropriate mood & setting to be sharing jokes, yes.

What does that make me?

Makes you very self aware Wink

jerusalem90

Post Tue, Jun 02 2020, 3:01 pm
Yes, I definitely appreciate a sense of humor, but I also definitely consider it a plus and not a must.

amother
Papaya

Post Tue, Jun 02 2020, 3:14 pm
Very funny question! LOL LOL

zaq

Post Tue, Jun 02 2020, 7:00 pm
Laughter is the leaven of life. Without it, you're eating matzah that makes you emotionally constipated.

Definitely a must. Money and looks are pluses; seichel and a sense of humor are deal-breakers.

Stars

Post Tue, Jun 02 2020, 7:03 pm
I don't care for most forms of humor. I especially do not care for what people call "jokes" and is really bullying. I appreciate a fun person though.

mommy3b2c

Post Tue, Jun 02 2020, 7:04 pm
I love humor. I don’t take myself to seriously and I really don’t like people who take themselves to seriously.

amother
Amethyst

Post Tue, Jun 02 2020, 7:06 pm
For me, humor is my lifestyle. I always see the funny side of things. I usually post as amother as I've learned on this site that not everyone likes to laugh.

I managed to get plenty threads locked or heavily engaged because some posters here are stark serious and take everything personal, as of I was attacking their social security number.

I just can't always control myself.

And to the funny bone posters here, keep it coming. You make my day.

amother
Lawngreen

Post Tue, Jun 02 2020, 7:23 pm
I have a dry sense of humor and enjoy that type of humor in others. DH is very literal and doesn’t get my jokes. I wish he did. He takes life so seriously and has a hard time laughing at himself and at human nature.

ExtraCredit

Post Tue, Jun 02 2020, 7:25 pm
amother [ Lawngreen ] wrote:
I have a dry sense of humor and enjoy that type of humor in others. DH is very literal and doesn’t get my jokes. I wish he did. He takes life so seriously and has a hard time laughing at himself and at human nature.

I’d love to genuinely hug your post but no hug button.

ExtraCredit

Post Tue, Jun 02 2020, 7:26 pm
amother [ Amethyst ] wrote:
For me, humor is my lifestyle. I always see the funny side of things. I usually post as amother as I've learned on this site that not everyone likes to laugh.

I managed to get plenty threads locked or heavily engaged because some posters here are stark serious and take everything personal, as of I was attacking their social security number.

Likewise except I don’t go anonymous.

ExtraCredit

Post Tue, Jun 02 2020, 7:28 pm
zaq wrote:
Laughter is the leaven of life. Without it, you're eating matzah that makes you emotionally constipated.

Definitely a must. Money and looks are pluses; seichel and a sense of humor are deal-breakers.

Now that was some metaphor Rolling Laughter

amother
Periwinkle

Post Tue, Jun 02 2020, 7:38 pm
I appreciate most humor, especially dry, as long as it's said with some sort of facial expression, such as a twinkle or smirk. I can't stand it when jokes are made with an absolutely straight face, cuz then I have no idea to react. What was said might be funny, but sometimes I'm too scared to laugh just in case it wasn't a joke.
People with unpredictable humor, like my boss, make me really nervous.

amother
Salmon

Post Tue, Jun 02 2020, 7:45 pm
amother [ Amethyst ] wrote:

Are you me?
I you have no idea how many posts I have deleted instead of pressing submit because I didn't want to hurt someone's feelings.
Now I try to write at the bottom that I am being sarcastic or joking or something, but that ruins the fun!

-The amother who in the DD starting shidduchim thread, whose advice was no pearl earrings.

Hatemywig

Post Tue, Jun 02 2020, 8:27 pm
I love humor. Many people don't get my sense of humor, it can often be very dark. That freaks people out. I do think that it can be easily misconstrued on social media, some things can sound the opposite of what you mean without facial expressions.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics