Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Do You Appreciate A Sense Of Humor?
Previous  1  2

When I hear or read a joke I
Appreciate it and laugh no matter the topic as long as it’s not personal  
 77%  [ 54 ]
Don’t get the idea of jokes. Life is miserable. Period.  
 2%  [ 2 ]
Only appreciate a joke if the topic isn’t sensitive to me  
 20%  [ 14 ]
Total Votes : 70

Jewishfoodie

Post Tue, Jun 02 2020, 8:31 pm
No. I do not. It's offensive. People should only use humor as a last resort. Last! Literally, if all else fails.

So, like, if you're in a store buying Brussel sprouts and someone asks you why you're buying such tiny lettuce, you should NOT tell them it's Brussel sprouts and, while mostly inedible, is a food. You should say, "Yes. These are tiny heads of lettuce. I'm a small person. It's offensive to me that you don't see that." Getting offended is a great hack BTW, to avoid humor.

Another good example is in a marriage. Never diffuse tension with humor. Diffuse tension with weaponry. If your spouse comes home and asks if world War 2 flew through the house while he was gone, you have two options. 1. Lie and tell him while he was gone, you had a terrible home invasion or 2
Throw a cast iron pan in the direction of his medulla oblongata, (if that's not on the menu that night.)

Under no circumstances should you jest, joke, smirk, smile or cry from laughter.

Laughter is toxic. I'm personally petitioning the Governor to put a toxins label on all forms of humor. I can leave today because obviously I'm essential.

I once laughed so hard, I almost died!! Do YOU want to die?

I didn't think so. Ban all humor. I was thinking of starting a riot somewhere and stealing all humor from the world but someone heard about my idea and did it first.

That always happens to me....

amother
Azure

Post Tue, Jun 02 2020, 8:37 pm
amother [ Salmon ] wrote:
Are you me?
I you have no idea how many posts I have deleted instead of pressing submit because I didn't want to hurt someone's feelings.
Now I try to write at the bottom that I am being sarcastic or joking or something, but that ruins the fun!

-The amother who in the DD starting shidduchim thread, whose advice was no pearl earrings.

Well that is also laughing at someone elses expense. I couldn't care, just not sure why one would consider that a great sense of humor. I know it has turned into some sort of meme on here, but I was actually the one who opened the thread about the pearl earrings.

And guess what? As I thought, the boy (no, not my son, my oldest is all of six years old) said no to her because they didn't click at all. She's a gem of a girl but just too eidel for him. Laugh all you want, but I knew that would happen and wanted to help avoid him causing her needless heartache.

Sunny Days

Post Tue, Jun 02 2020, 8:44 pm
Jewishfoodie wrote:
No. I do not. It's offensive. People should only use humor as a last resort. Last! Literally, if all else fails.

So, like, if you're in a store buying Brussel sprouts and someone asks you why you're buying such tiny lettuce, you should NOT tell them it's Brussel sprouts and, while mostly inedible, is a food. You should say, "Yes. These are tiny heads of lettuce. I'm a small person. It's offensive to me that you don't see that." Getting offended is a great hack BTW, to avoid humor.

Another good example is in a marriage. Never diffuse tension with humor. Diffuse tension with weaponry. If your spouse comes home and asks if world War 2 flew through the house while he was gone, you have two options. 1. Lie and tell him while he was gone, you had a terrible home invasion or 2
Throw a cast iron pan in the direction of his medulla oblongata, (if that's not on the menu that night.)

Under no circumstances should you jest, joke, smirk, smile or cry from laughter.

Laughter is toxic. I'm personally petitioning the Governor to put a toxins label on all forms of humor. I can leave today because obviously I'm essential.

I once laughed so hard, I almost died!! Do YOU want to die?

I didn't think so. Ban all humor. I was thinking of starting a riot somewhere and stealing all humor from the world but someone heard about my idea and did it first.

That always happens to me....

ouch this hurts to read. Sad Sad

Jewishfoodie

Post Tue, Jun 02 2020, 8:49 pm
gamzehyaavor wrote:

Point made. Humor hurts.😉

giselle

Post Tue, Jun 02 2020, 8:56 pm
gamzehyaavor wrote:

What do you expect from humorless jewishfoodie?

Sunny Days

Post Tue, Jun 02 2020, 9:05 pm
giselle wrote:
What do you expect from humorless jewishfoodie?

I know. it was a lack of judgement on my side....
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics