Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries
Something decent Did you just rent in lakewood?
Previous  1  2

amother
Sapphire

Post Tue, Jun 02 2020, 6:28 pm
amother [ Brown ] wrote:
Tuiotion and food is actually more expensive than NY!
no its not. evergreen is just as cheap as krm. I lived in brooklyn and the prices are very comparable. tuition is maybe a little more. you cant get everything.

op, you need to talk to somoene in real life. your gonna get negative pp here bec some pp are simply not able to make the change but desperately need to or just some pp that are negative in life and just dont know the facts. make you decision based on real life facts and do whats good for you evne though it might not be good for someone else doesnt mean its not good for you!

quality of life in lakewood as far as my experience is wonderful! it took time to learn the ropes but im really very happy and I dont drive and I am very happy here!

amother
Seafoam

Post Tue, Jun 02 2020, 6:35 pm
amother [ Cobalt ] wrote:
Tuition and food is much cheaper then NY! Maybe if your chasidish tuition is cheaper but in general...

I suppose it depends where you used to send and shop. For us NY was cheaper.
I'm not saying it as a negative, I'm saying it's something to factor into your calculations.
Like I said in my previous post we love it here, wouldn't go back to Brooklyn if you paid me!

Btw evergreen was the first store I shopped in after we moved and boy were the prices a shock. No way is it the same as KRM. Absolutely not.

amother
Brown

Post Tue, Jun 02 2020, 7:21 pm
The homes in lakewood are made similar to a bungalow. Very cheaply. So it sounds great to pay so little for a house but they typically only last about 20 years

amother
Seafoam

Post Tue, Jun 02 2020, 7:28 pm
amother [ Brown ] wrote:
The homes in lakewood are made similar to a bungalow. Very cheaply. So it sounds great to pay so little for a house but they typically only last about 20 years

Op was talking about renting so I don't think that part makes too much of a difference to her.

amother
Cobalt

Post Tue, Jun 02 2020, 8:10 pm
amother [ Seafoam ] wrote:
I suppose it depends where you used to send and shop. For us NY was cheaper.
I'm not saying it as a negative, I'm saying it's something to factor into your calculations.
Like I said in my previous post we love it here, wouldn't go back to Brooklyn if you paid me!

Btw evergreen was the first store I shopped in after we moved and boy were the prices a shock. No way is it the same as KRM. Absolutely not.

I don’t shop in evergreen. I do gg and co-op. I don’t have school aged kids yet but playgroup here is very cheap.

amother
Tan

Post Tue, Jun 02 2020, 8:12 pm
Another westgate fan here. We’re paying 1475 for a 2 floor 3 bedroom, 3 bathroom, living/dining room, playroom, huge kitchen and porch.

amother
Magenta

Post Tue, Jun 02 2020, 8:19 pm
amother [ Sapphire ] wrote:
no its not. evergreen is just as cheap as krm. I lived in brooklyn and the prices are very comparable. tuition is maybe a little more. you cant get everything.

op, you need to talk to somoene in real life. your gonna get negative pp here bec some pp are simply not able to make the change but desperately need to or just some pp that are negative in life and just dont know the facts. make you decision based on real life facts and do whats good for you evne though it might not be good for someone else doesnt mean its not good for you!

quality of life in lakewood as far as my experience is wonderful! it took time to learn the ropes but im really very happy and I dont drive and I am very happy here!

How do you get around if you don’t drive ?

groisamomma

Post Tue, Jun 02 2020, 8:24 pm
It depends where you're coming from and where you shop once you get here.

Tuition here can be double the tuition in a NY chassidish cheder or school, especially since we don't have vouchers.

If you're used to KRM and Three Guys from Brooklyn then Evergreen and Seasons is not for you. Shop for sales only in Gourmet Glatt and produce in Bingo, then use NPGS for the rest.

amother
Lilac

Post Tue, Jun 02 2020, 9:22 pm
amother [ Tan ] wrote:
Another westgate fan here. We’re paying 1475 for a 2 floor 3 bedroom, 3 bathroom, living/dining room, playroom, huge kitchen and porch.

Same here. I pay 1450 for a 2 floor 4 bed 2.5 bath with den/study living room/dining room nice size kitchen and porch
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries